History of islamic expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of islamic expansion

So after Muhammads death we know Islam expanded to many other countries...

I'm just trying to learn here....

But wasn't much of this done in a conquering military sort of way just overtaking other countries lands? Does Islam really allow this? If so, why?

Re: History of islamic expansion

And to add to this, What does Islam say about when you do overtake a land, whether the people there have rights to stay their religion under the caliphate or whether they have to submit to Islam or die?

Comment

This is an opportunity for you all to gain "rep power" from Allah (swt) for taking the time to educate me and others

Comment

The military conquests were done to facilitate Dawah. There was no way the Byzantines and Persians would allow Dawah to be done in their empires, so that roadblock had to be removed. Once those lands were under Muslim rule there was no forced conversions, aside from some mistaken people here and there throughout history. As the Quran says, there is no compulsion in religion.

Comment

Originally posted by abdulsidd View Post
          The military conquests were done to facilitate Dawah. There was no way the Byzantines and Persians would allow Dawah to be done in their empires, so that roadblock had to be removed. Once those lands were under Muslim rule there was no forced conversions, aside from some mistaken people here and there throughout history. As the Quran says, there is no compulsion in religion.
          But why did they have to remove that roadblock by military and violent force??? Where does Quran/Hadith say it's permissible(i'm not saying it's not, i just can't find reliable info on it online)

Comment

Originally posted by thedeen33 View Post
            But why did they have to remove that roadblock by military and violent force??? Where does Quran/Hadith say it's permissible(i'm not saying it's not, i just can't find reliable info on it online)
            Jihad is prescribed in the Quran and Hadith or not? The purpose of Jihad is defense and fighting injustice. Putting roadblocks for Dawah is injustice, since kufr and shirk is the greatest injustice.

Comment

You write in a strange way.
              So after Muhammads death we know Islam expanded to many other countries...

I'm just trying to learn here....

But wasn't much of this done in a conquering military sort of way just overtaking other countries lands? Does Islam really allow this? If so, why?
              Islam doesn't "expand"(you mean spread), by military conquest. Otherwise why were there any Ahlul Dhimma ever?
              The best example, in my opinion, of this is that the bulk of the Mongols became muslims, their giant empire split into four parts and three out of the four accepted Islam as their religion. They were murdering people left and right(800 000 civilians murdered according to the most scrutinous sources, and this was done without any guns or bombs like ISIS have - do you know how much you have to kill to get to that number then?), how did we conquer them? We didn't - Allah(subhanahu wa ta'aala) did, without even one casualty.
              That partition of the Mongol Empire came about in 1256,and only 37 years later, in 1295, the Ilkhanate converts to Islam as a result of the conversion of their leader at the time called Ghazan
              Ghazan being the great grandson of Hulagu as follows: Hulagu -> Abaqa -> Arghun -> Ghazan

[....]In foreign relations, the Ilkhanate's conversion to Islam had little to no effect on its hostility towards other Muslim states, and Ghazan continued to fight the Mamluks for control of Syria. [...]

They were fighting other muslims even though they converted. So why did they convert? They had control over the muslims in the area where they dominated, they had better relations with Christians, with Buddhists, with Hindus. Imagine today if America accepts Islam after 37 years of fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen etc., would you believe it? Does that sound logical to you? Yet it happened there, and it wasn't because they felt sorry for muslims, they continued to fight other muslims instead, but they themselves became muslims. Isn't it easier to fight muslims if you're not a muslim yourself?

Furthermore,
              Why would anyone accept Islam because their country was conquered? Why don't the yazidis in Iraq stay there accept Islam when ISIS is coming to get them like the non-muslims stayed in the muslim lands when the sahaba(radiallahu anhumma) came to conquer their lands? Why would the Ahlul Kitab accept Islam when they got the status of Ahlul Dhimma and were left to practice their religions freely if they paid their due taxes like everyone else?
              And by the way, look at the date, "August 2014 - Present" is when they say this ISIS-vs.-Yazidis thing i going on, and they killed 5 000+ people according to the kuffar with their guns, snipers, bombs, tanks etc.
              Meanwhile, less than 800 years ago people with swords, spears, bows, knives, axes, took a week only,
              [...]Five days later, on February 10, the city surrendered, but the Mongols did not enter the city until the 13th, beginning a week of massacre and destruction.

to kill 800 000. This is to indicate the antipathy the Mongols had towards the muslims.

Now, how many Yazidis and Christians are left in Iraq?
              Contrast this with how many Christians there are in Egypt for instance, even in Saudi Arabia I've read that there are 2 million Christian guest workers and a lot of Buddhists(Filipinos and Indians I suppose), why are there so many of them there if they're being killed and forced and all of that but so few Yazidis and Christians in Iraq now?

Anyhow, the military conquest our ancestors did was plainly so that the law of Allah(subhanahu wa ta'aala) can be established in societies across the world. If it is the correct law, and we believe that it is, then it only makes sense that everyone should follow what's right. And if some country says "We won't allow what is right" - people are against that, why? Even the kuffar, when they keep screeching about how women are oppressed everywhere in the muslim countries, and that we all do genital mutilation and that we do honor killings etc., and they went to war with countries over small or sometimes even no aggressions, saying that they're bringing their democracy and "freedom" to those people - which is wrong, but even they realize that this principle is true; that if one thing is right then everyone should be allowed to follow it.

And to add to this, What does Islam say about when you do overtake a land, whether the people there have rights to stay their religion under the caliphate or whether they have to submit to Islam or die?
              You can google it easily lol
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhimmi
              They are given the choice to either:
              1. Convert to Islam
              2. Pay taxes and practice their religion freely with some autonomy among themselves and have their own laws among themselves etc.
              3. Get out of the country
              4. Die

If they won't do #1, then they have to do #2.
              If they won't do #2 either, then they have to do #3.
              If they won't do #3 either, then #4 will happen.

This is as far as I'm aware, maybe there's more to it that I don't know about.
              Last edited by Thunderstorm; 30-07-16, 10:26 PM.
              Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

As we know the most populous Muslim country is Indonesia and there was no war made against it to facilitate dawah..the example of Muslim traders and divine will brought the people to Islam..there was never a need to wage war in order to "give dawah"...there is no compulsion in religion and Allah swt guides who he wills. Muslim armies were involved in wars for various reasons..those that were simply conquests for material gain were not sanctioned by Islam and we are reaping the consequences of those till this day.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X