X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morose
    replied
    Re: coeliac disease

Avoid gluten for a couple of weeks and see how you feel. Because gluten is dangerous for coeliacs.

Leave a comment:

• Ria
    replied

Originally posted by Comrox View Post
    If you have coeliac, this is what is happening to your body:

source: https://celiac.org/celiac-disease/wh...auIQ5Ply1JF.99

Start by eliminating gluten first. Also I would pick up multi-vitamins from the store and consume that daily, in addition to your iron tablets, so that you know you are getting nutrients. Try to consume your iron tablets with a glass of orange juice to help absorbency. :)

When I say eliminate gluten, I mean you really have to abstain from it completely. You can't eat anything with regular flour in it. Tell your family and friends. Check the ingredients list before you purchase something. A lot of foods have wheat, barely, or rye in them, and you likely don't even realize it. If you're eating out or at someone's house, you need to ask them about the food, ask them for modifications, or bring your own food. If you don't know how strong your sensitivity is, it is best that you not consume any foods that contain it, even in the smallest amounts. But, don't lose hope. The gluten-free market is expanding rapidly. It is easier to become gluten-free (or to abstain from any of the foods I mentioned in my post above) than it has been at any other time. :)

Thank u sis
    I did try orange juice and iron but its makes me feel worse same with anything high in vitamin c

Ur right i need to really write some food plan. Cause ive had these symptoms for a very long time and im harming my body.

Leave a comment:

• Comrox
    replied

Originally posted by Ria View Post
    Thank u sis

I titled it coeliac cause i have no idea
    My symptoms seems to match up more closely to that
    I do infact eat alot of gluten foods
    No idea why i seem to have the symptoms

Ur right i should eliminate one by one and see
    I guess im just getting really impatient which I shouldn't

Thanks a lot
    If you have coeliac, this is what is happening to your body:

Their body mounts an immune response that attacks the small intestine. These attacks lead to damage on the villi, small fingerlike projections that line the small intestine, that promote nutrient absorption. When the villi get damaged, nutrients cannot be absorbed properly into the body.
    source: https://celiac.org/celiac-disease/wh...auIQ5Ply1JF.99

Start by eliminating gluten first. Also I would pick up multi-vitamins from the store and consume that daily, in addition to your iron tablets, so that you know you are getting nutrients. Try to consume your iron tablets with a glass of orange juice to help absorbency. :)

When I say eliminate gluten, I mean you really have to abstain from it completely. You can't eat anything with regular flour in it. Tell your family and friends. Check the ingredients list before you purchase something. A lot of foods have wheat, barely, or rye in them, and you likely don't even realize it. If you're eating out or at someone's house, you need to ask them about the food, ask them for modifications, or bring your own food. If you don't know how strong your sensitivity is, it is best that you not consume any foods that contain it, even in the smallest amounts. But, don't lose hope. The gluten-free market is expanding rapidly. It is easier to become gluten-free (or to abstain from any of the foods I mentioned in my post above) than it has been at any other time. :)
    Last edited by Comrox; 25-07-16, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ria
    replied

Do you take anything for your iron deficiency? You could also have a Vitamin D or B12 deficiency.
    Yh
    I have these tablets and eat high iron foods

Leave a comment:

• Ria
    replied

You say you don't know what you're allergic to, but you titled this thread as coeliac?

If you have coeliac disease, you can't consume gluten. Gluten is the protein found in wheat, rye, barley and oats. You should abstain from all these foods and only eat gluten-free from now on. Hopefully there are gluten-free breads and flours available at your local store for you to try. (A lot of gluten-free breads are frozen, at least here in the US, so look where the frozen foods are). If there's a entire section dedicated to gluten-free like a lot of stores are doing nowadays, even better.

You have to maintain this abstinence for a few weeks to feel changes. Then you have to reintroduce the food back into your diet. Access how the lack of the food impacted your health, and assess how you feel when you start consuming it again. If it bothers you - You need to permanently avoid it.

If you think you have food allergies (which is something entirely different), you should eliminate certain foods from your diet for a few weeks at a time (like you would do with gluten). Common foods that cause allergic reactions are peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, wheat (which you won't be consuming if you are coeliac) soy, fish, and shellfish. So for 2 weeks, avoid peanuts. Reintroduce them to your diet. See how you feel. Then for 2 weeks, avoid milk. Then avoid eggs. Etc. You need to abstain from each food one at a time (not all at once!) so you know which food is the one that is bothering you when you start to have a reaction.

When I was told to do the above diet, I was also told to abstain from cheese for 2 weeks. So you might want to do that as well.

Hope this helps. :) Good luck at your doctor's visit.

Thank u sis

I titled it coeliac cause i have no idea
    My symptoms seems to match up more closely to that
    I do infact eat alot of gluten foods
    No idea why i seem to have the symptoms

Ur right i should eliminate one by one and see
    I guess im just getting really impatient which I shouldn't

Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• Comrox
    replied

Thank u sis

Ill check out prices and see

My stomach literally looks erm the p word
    Tired basically fatigue
    I have pins and needles in my hands
    Tingling literally in my arm and hands
    Iron dificiency
    Do you take anything for your iron deficiency? You could also have a Vitamin D or B12 deficiency.

Leave a comment:

• Ria
    replied

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
    I'm good hun xx
    Well you can google private Hospitals local to where you live and it's easy to book and you will be seen by end of this week.
    It's pricey though sis... What are you sympotms??
    Thank u sis

Ill check out prices and see

My stomach literally looks erm the p word
    Tired basically fatigue
    I have pins and needles in my hands
    Tingling literally in my arm and hands
    Iron dificiency

Leave a comment:

• Comrox
    replied

You say you don't know what you're allergic to, but you titled this thread as coeliac?

If you have coeliac disease, you can't consume gluten. Gluten is the protein found in wheat, rye, barley and oats. You should abstain from all these foods and only eat gluten-free from now on. Hopefully there are gluten-free breads and flours available at your local store for you to try. (A lot of gluten-free breads are frozen, at least here in the US, so look where the frozen foods are). If there's a entire section dedicated to gluten-free like a lot of stores are doing nowadays, even better.

You have to maintain this abstinence for a few weeks to feel changes. Then you have to reintroduce the food back into your diet. Access how the lack of the food impacted your health, and assess how you feel when you start consuming it again. If it bothers you - You need to permanently avoid it.

If you think you have food allergies (which is something entirely different), you should eliminate certain foods from your diet for a few weeks at a time (like you would do with gluten). Common foods that cause allergic reactions are peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, wheat (which you won't be consuming if you are coeliac) soy, fish, and shellfish. So for 2 weeks, avoid peanuts. Reintroduce them to your diet. See how you feel. Then for 2 weeks, avoid milk. Then avoid eggs. Etc. You need to abstain from each food one at a time (not all at once!) so you know which food is the one that is bothering you when you start to have a reaction.

When I was told to do the above diet, I was also told to abstain from cheese for 2 weeks. So you might want to do that as well.

Hope this helps. :) Good luck at your doctor's visit.

Leave a comment:

• Fragile
    replied

Salaam sis
    Im good
    How are you

6 months
    What if i go privately
    I dont think i can wait that long
    I'm good hun xx
    Well you can google private Hospitals local to where you live and it's easy to book and you will be seen by end of this week.
    It's pricey though sis... What are you sympotms??

Leave a comment:

• Ria
    replied

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
    Hey Ria xx. How are you?

Basically you need to call your gp for them to send your details to hospital so that they will book you an appiotment for Allergy reaction to random foods using your hand to diagnose.

It can take up to 6 month wait so book as soon as you can
    Salaam sis
    Im good
    How are you

6 months
    What if i go privately
    I dont think i can wait that long

Leave a comment:

• Fragile
    replied

Hey Ria xx. How are you?

Basically you need to call your gp for them to send your details to hospital so that they will book you an appiotment for Allergy reaction to random foods using your hand to diagnose.

It can take up to 6 month wait so book as soon as you can

Leave a comment:

• Ria
    replied

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
    GP? you must be in the UK, don't you people have an allergy center? a place where they mainly focus on allergies?
    Yeah spot on
    Live in the Uk

How did u just help me within seconds

Thank u
    Ive found one and in sha Allah will go there next week

Leave a comment:

• Atwork.
    replied

GP? you must be in the UK, don't you people have an allergy center? a place where they mainly focus on allergies?

Leave a comment:

• Ria
    started a topic coeliac disease

coeliac disease

salaam guys

I think im allergic to a number of foods or have some sort of issues
    Basically i dont want to say much

But does anyone know if there is a place preferably private cause my gp is useless

I have tried tryinh to find out which foods im allergic to but cant

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X