Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is medicine that contains Alcohol in small amounts halal

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    You haven't shown me a Sheikh saying alcohol in cough syrup will never intoxicate iin large amounts,

All you did was post general ruling if it intoxicates in large amounts it's forbidden which I already know,

We gonna need a chemist or a doctor at this rate to confirm if large quantities of the alcohol found in cough syrup will intoxicate or not

I don't like to get involved in controversy, best avoided in my opinion, that way your safe, can't be held blameworthy either way,

:jkk:
    Lol at chemist and doctor. Anyone who has ever gone to school can calculate the information given and know what percentage it's at per bottle, how much it is when drunk and how much is needed to intoxicate by comparing it to real data on the internet.

Only way to get intoxicated is if it has too much sedatives and if the person then abuses it get high off this sedative which isnt alcohol.
    "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
      :salams

Ive got cough medicine and it says it contains less than 100mg per 10ml of ethanol(alcohol), is it halal?

Heres a pic incase you've bought any before
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]85040[/ATTACH]

Avoid it, it is still alcohol even if it doesn't intoxicate you lol I avoid vanilla extract aswell

cough syrups are useless, my GP admitted that himself

Try hot water, ginger and honey instead
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        this has nothing to do with any of this. This subject is about this cough medicine you ruled as haram, by using your logic and your witnessing someone being intoxicated most likely by the sedative and over-consumption of said product which triggered the side-effects of the sedatives.

Cant be bothered to explain how even iron supplements, regardless of it having alcohol or not can bring side-effects of nausea, drowsiness due to over-consumption or being weak against it.

If you have nothing more to say, just dont.....
        Your whole argument is about ethanol in this and ethanol in that, every day food substances apparently. But now my mentioning iron syrups (which notoriously contain ethanol) is irrelevant? Comedy. Please read what I have written carefully, without being obstructed by trying to find anything that will serve your own narrative. Perhaps then you will understand.

Otherwise, I have nothing against you willing to consume medicines containing ethanol brother. Insha'Allah you are not one of those who fall asleep during treatment with it.

Comment

Lol at chemist and doctor. Anyone who has ever gone to school can calculate the information given and know what percentage it's at per bottle, how much it is when drunk and how much is needed to intoxicate by comparing it to real data on the internet.

Only way to get intoxicated is if it has too much sedatives and if the person then abuses it get high off this sedative which isnt alcohol.
          Im sorry but I'm not as smart as you,

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
            Your whole argument is about ethanol in this and ethanol in that, every day food substances apparently. But now my mentioning iron syrups (which notoriously contain ethanol) is irrelevant? Comedy. Please read what I have written carefully, without being obstructed by trying to find anything that will serve your own narrative. Perhaps then you will understand.

Otherwise, I have nothing against you willing to consume medicines containing ethanol brother. Insha'Allah you are not one of those who fall asleep during treatment with it.
            Im unsure what your point is? You're weird because you made something impermissible due to an infant getting drowsy due to breastfeeding while someone is on medication. Please go back and think about how stupid this sounds when you are advising an adult here. My brain must have been filtering out this infant statement because of how stupid it is and instantly thought you were talking about the woman having drowsiness issues.

It's known drugs enter the bloodstream which then can have an affect on the breastmilk, this goes for most drugs. Also over-consumption of iron causes nausea and some drowsiness so, its not really far-fetched idea that something happened. Did you perphaps bring one of these https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1bF31K...ai-UAE-050.jpg to check how much alcohol the kid had LOL
            Last edited by Blackbeard; 24-07-16, 06:41 PM.
            "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

:salams

But isn't sedatives that gives you a high, haram? Since it is a form of intoxication?

Idk how much you need for intoxication.

Allahu alam.
              La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
              (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
              Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                Avoid it, it is still alcohol even if it doesn't intoxicate you lol I avoid vanilla extract aswell

cough syrups are useless, my GP admitted that himself

Try hot water, ginger and honey instead
                :jkk:, Im doin this
                [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

so homeopathy becomes haraam then?

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                    Im sorry but I'm not as smart as you,

Seems google search speed and site comparison is now a reputable qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
                      Seems google search speed and site comparison is now a reputable qualification.
                      Or you know.... simply math but I don't expect you to know this when you can't grasp the idea of relative quantity.

Is this all you can come up with? claiming someone needs google for merely multiplication and division? How much of a wreck does one need to be in order to be like this to think it requires some form of reputable qualification for grade 5 math.
                      Last edited by Blackbeard; 24-07-16, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Or you know.... simply math but I don't expect you to know this when you can't grasp the idea of relative quantity.

Is this all you can come up with? claiming someone needs google for merely multiplication and division? How much of a wreck does one need to be in order to be like this to think it requires some form of reputable qualification for grade 5 math.
                        Multiplication and division is what you shared with us on this thread? K.

I've said whatever I wanted to say on, and about, this thread.

Keep going for your own time pass if you wish.

Comment

Nearly all medicines and injection have some fat and alcohol.
                          If you ask this question to an Alim or molvi and he can not answer you because he does not know any science or modern knowledge like chemistry,physics or math.
                          It is not haram because you are not drinking or using it for wrong purpose.
                          :lailah:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X