• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Not sexist] women and emotions

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
    and you know this how ?
    What u mean?
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
      What u mean?
      How do you know emotions are the backbone to a relationship....whats your experience on this.
      And what makes you think knowing everything will develop an emotional bond in marriage.
      Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

I totally disagree, most men i know react emotionally, get mad over situations get upset etc, while we deal rationally in emergency situations, you deal rationally in emotional situations if that makes any sense
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
          Nah...

girls are easy to work out really.
          Yes of course :rotfl:

Jk

Comment

[Not sexist] women and emotions

I actually think men can be just as emotional as women. It's just that the things that trigger it for us are different than what triggers it in women.

Comment

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
              [MENTION=111457]nudgetheputri[/MENTION] when they remember something from a thousand years ago that might have hurt them emotionally and use it against you in the future.
              This is men as well. They can be history books.

As for women, we are like this because its the way we are and it isn't a bad thing at all. This is what makes mothers mothers and wives wives and daughters daughters and girls girls but take it with a pinch of salt coz we aren't all like this. Plenty of emotional men around - observe the forum.

لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
              The children need your prayers more than anyone else
              -------------------------------------------------------
              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

A husband shuts off..most times to avoid conflict and to not aggravate a situation.Because if he talks it will end up in argument . the classic clash between logic and emotion.
                Even at that time if a husband tries to be emotional . a wife would think he is being logical and not understanding. So he shuts off and does his thing which invariably will piss the woman off more.
                I just think women's logic is sometimes different from men. When most people talk about logic in reference to the differences between how men and women act, most of the time they are referring to logic that make sense to men.I don't think we understand each other's logic sometimes and then we label this misunderstanding as women lacking logic. Women often want very different outcomes from their interactions with men, than the men do... Better listening skills and more honest interactions would go a long way towards resolving this perception of a lack of logic.
                I will say that women have a better intuitive grasp that life is too complex to reduce to "logical" conclusions. So they don't always bother. Some might find that bothersome, but I don't find value in oversimplification just to make the math easier....

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                  This is men as well. They can be history books.

As for women, we are like this because its the way we are and it isn't a bad thing at all. This is what makes mothers mothers and wives wives and daughters daughters and girls girls but take it with a pinch of salt coz we aren't all like this. Plenty of emotional men around - observe the forum.
                  Basically men and women get bitter over someone who did them wrong in the past. And these people who hurt them didn't apologize or acknowledge how hurt they made him/her feel. Thats why people hold grudges against the offenders like a history book.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
                    I just think women's logic is sometimes different from men. When most people talk about logic in reference to the differences between how men and women act, most of the time they are referring to logic that make sense to men.I don't think we understand each other's logic sometimes and then we label this misunderstanding as women lacking logic. Women often want very different outcomes from their interactions with men, than the men do... Better listening skills and more honest interactions would go a long way towards resolving this perception of a lack of logic.
                    I will say that women have a better intuitive grasp that life is too complex to reduce to "logical" conclusions. So they don't always bother. Some might find that bothersome, but I don't find value in oversimplification just to make the math easier....
                    There is a thing called for the sake of the relationship ...in any relationship, you do oversimplify things for this.
                    Its not women lack logic, emotions take precedence to logic, which as you said invariably clash with a mans logic . because for a man, logic takes precedence to emotions when it comes to matters of the marriage.

However i do agree women have a better grasp of a situation ..But the problem is it is hard to stick to their feelings without being a bit irrational in their behavior for the simple reason that
                    the line between a listening husband and a non listening husband is very blurry.... :)

What makes a listening husband ?

Comment

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
                      Why do at least 99.99% of women only function emotionally and not logically/reasonably? I found that really annoying and I think it is their unreasonable emotions that can cause the relationship to be shattered into pieces.
                      This is like one of those "I'm not a racist but...' comments. I.e you know everything after the but is going to be racist drivel.

OK to answer your point, yes women are generally more emotional, less logical. They use emotion more in their decision making processes, especially when feeling more emotionally charged. However this makes them different, not flawed or wrong and often this emotional intelligence is proved right or right often enough in some circumstances.

As a man, as the leader of the household your job is not to insist upon the 'rational' male choice on every occasion but to listen and recognize that your wives and daughters bring something different to the discussion which is also valuable but as the more logical person (usually) you then make the final choice.

I find men and women are usually both to blame for marriages breaking down, both bring their weaknesses to the problems and seem almost willful in trying to destroy the marriage bond in some cases. In others you can see one or the other is at fault.

If you want a basic run down on how men and women are so very different, especially when it comes to issues around marriages I'd suggest you read 'men are from mars, women are from venus.' Yes it's written by a non-Muslim but it is a useful book in understanding some of the basic differences and where men and women often go wrong in trying to work together with their partner as approaching from totally different ways of thinking and feeling about the problems and issues at hand.
                      FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

I heard this saying once: men do not forgive, they forget. Women forgive but never forget.
                        And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
                        http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

There is a thing called for the sake of the relationship ...in any relationship, you do oversimplify things for this.
                          Its not women lack logic, emotions take precedence to logic, which as you said invariably clash with a mans logic . because for a man, logic takes precedence to emotions when it comes to matters of the marriage.

However i do agree women have a better grasp of a situation ..But the problem is it is hard to stick to their feelings without being a bit irrational in their behavior for the simple reason that
                          the line between a listening husband and a non listening husband is very blurry.... :)

What makes a listening husband ?
                          I speak because I know my needs,
                          I speak with hesitation because I know not yours.
                          My words come from my life's experiences
                          Your understanding comes from yours.
                          Because of this, what I say,
                          And what you hear, may not be the same.
                          So if you will listen carefully,
                          Not only with your ears,
                          But with your eyes and with your heart,
                          Maybe somehow we can communicate....

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
                            I speak because I know my needs,
                            I speak with hesitation because I know not yours.
                            My words come from my life's experiences
                            Your understanding comes from yours.
                            Because of this, what I say,
                            And what you hear, may not be the same.
                            So if you will listen carefully,
                            Not only with your ears,
                            But with your eyes and with your heart,
                            Maybe somehow we can communicate....
                            Wooow
                            :up:

Comment

How do you know emotions are the backbone to a relationship....whats your experience on this.
                              And what makes you think knowing everything will develop an emotional bond in marriage.
                              Ohhhh ruuuuuuuude

are u tryna say cos I'm not married I can't have an opinion on this?

like why does everyone always have digs at me cos of this????!!!!!

one day I will come back married inshaAllah and show u all

pshhhh

startin on me for no reason

lolol
                              ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                              "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                              :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Wooow
                                :up:
                                hehe (:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X