Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4:93 - will murderers go to Hell forever

Originally posted by Faisal-Parwana View Post
    Can you explain what does the Quran actually mean when it says that the murderer will live in Hell for ever?
    Nobody with an atoms weight of Imaan will reside in Jahannam Eternally.
    Another Hadith says that: He who has in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of pride shall not enter Paradise.
    Where will the proud believers go?
    According to Ibn Kathir (may Allah show him mercy and grant him Jannat ul Ferdous), the word used can mean 70,000-80,000 year intervals, or eternity. So it could be that whoever murders a Muslim intentionally will spend many intervals in Hell before being removed.

As for the pride one, I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
      Assalam alaykum I got into a rather heated discussion with my mom regarding this topic. 4:93 says basically that whoever kills a Muslim intentionally (without repenting) goes to jahannam for eternity. A few ahadith state that all those who have the smallest amount of belief will enter Jannah. How do we explain this? I know I'm using a translation which I shouldn't in cases of sentencing people to hell, but I understood that those people wouldn't leave Hell for a very, very long time but will eventually enter Paradise. My mom says the Quran has the final say and that even the strongest believer will abide in Juhanam for eternity if they kill intentionally and don't repent.

Side note: this discussion started from discussing current terrorist attacks, but I'm not interested in that at the moment. Jzk
      Sahih al-Bukhari 3855
      Narrated Sa`id bin Jubair:
      `AbdurRahman bin Abza said, "Ask Ibn `Abbas about these two Qur'anic Verses: 'Nor kill such life as Allah has made sacred, Except for just cause.' (25.168) "And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell. (4.93) So I asked Ibn `Abbas who said, "When the Verse that is in Sura-al-Furqan was revealed, the pagans of Mecca said, 'But we have slain such life as Allah has made sacred, and we have invoked other gods along with Allah, and we have also committed fornication.' So Allah revealed:-- 'Except those who repent, believe, and do good-- (25.70) So this Verse was concerned with those people. As for the Verse in Surat-an-Nisa (4-93), it means that if a man, after understanding Islam and its laws and obligations, murders somebody, then his punishment is to dwell in the (Hell) Fire forever." Then I mentioned this to Mujahid who said, "Except the one who regrets (one's crime) . "

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
        If they die upon Kuf/Shirk yes, not as a Muslim,

Nobody with an atoms weight of Imaan will reside in Jahannam Eternally

:jkk:
        Can you explain what does the Quran actually mean when it says that the murderer will live in Hell for ever?
        Another Hadith says that: He who has in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of pride shall not enter Paradise.
        They will go to the Fire until they're cleansed of the sin.
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Sheikh Abu Musab answered it in QA

No one who dies as Muslim will be in Jahannam Eternally,

When people self interpret we have a problem.
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
            They will go to the Fire until they're cleansed of the sin.
            Faisal as akhi link said above,

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
              Allah عز و جل accepts sincere repentance of any sin,
              :salams

Qur'an 16:98 - When thou dost read the Qur'an, seek Allah's protection from Satan the rejected one.
              Qur'an 17:8 - [Then Allah said], "It is expected, [if you repent], that your Lord will have mercy upon you. But if you return [to sin], We will return [to punishment]. And We have made Hell, for the disbelievers, a prison-bed."

Sunan an-Nasa'i 4866
              It was narrated from Salim bin abi Ja'd that:
              Ibn 'Abbas was asked about someone who killed a believer deliberately then he repented, believed and did righteous deeds, and followed true guidance. Ibn 'Abbas said: "There is no way he could repent! I heard your Prophet say; He (the victim) will come hanging onto his killer with his jugular veins flowing with blood and saying: "Ask him why he killed me." Then he said: "by Allah, Allah revealed it and never abrogated anything of it.

Qur'an 16:98 - When thou dost read the Qur'an, seek Allah's protection from Satan the rejected one.
              Qur'an 2:106 - We do not abrogate a verse or cause it to be forgotten except that We bring forth [one] better than it or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is over all things competent?
              Qur'an 6:147 - So if they deny you, [O Muhammad], say, "Your Lord is the possessor of vast mercy; but His punishment cannot be repelled from the people who are criminals."
              Qur'an 7:149 - And when they regretted and saw that they had gone astray,they (repented and) said: "If our Lord have not mercy upon us and forgive us, we shall certainly be of the losers."
              Qur'an 26:88 - The Day when there will not benefit [anyone] wealth or children
              Qur'an 26:89 - But only one who comes to Allah with a sound heart."

Qur'an 31:16 - [And Luqman said], "O my son, indeed if wrong should be the weight of a mustard seed and should be within a rock or [anywhere] in the heavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Indeed, Allah is Subtle and Acquainted.

Qur'an 6:158 - Do they [then] wait for anything except that the angels should come to them or your Lord should come or that there come some of the signs of your Lord? The Day that some of the signs of your Lord will come no soul will benefit from its faith as long as it had not believed before or had earned through its faith some good. Say, "Wait. Indeed, we [also] are waiting."

Qur'an 32:18 - Is then he who is a believer (faithful muslim, mu'min) like him who is Fasiq (disbeliever and disobedient to Allah)? Not equal are they.
              Qur'an 4:146 - Except for those who repent, correct themselves, hold fast to Allah , and are sincere in their religion for Allah , for those will be with the believers. And Allah is going to give the believers a great reward.

Qur'an 7:40 - Indeed, those who deny Our verses and are arrogant toward them - the gates of Heaven will not be opened for them, nor will they enter Paradise until a camel enters into the eye of a needle. And thus do We recompense the criminals.

Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 486
              Abu Sa'id reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "When the believers are saved from the Fire, they will be stopped on a bridge between the Garden and the Fire. They were be interrogated concerning the injustices which occurred between them in this world. When they have been cleansed and they have been disciplined, then they will be given permission to enter the Garden. By the One who holds the soul of Muhammad in His hand, one of them is better guided in his position than he was in this world."

Only Allah () knows best.
              Last edited by tumbirs; 24-07-16, 12:50 AM.

Comment

that verse refers only to kaafir who kill muslim, i.e, muslims who turn into kaafir by believing that it is halal to kill another muslim, but just like any other sin ... as long as muslim acknowledges it is wrong then they do not go to fire forever

Comment

How many times.es must this be answered?

Comment

Originally posted by Jannahseeker, View Post
                    that verse refers only to kaafir who kill muslim, i.e, muslims who turn into kaafir by believing that it is halal to kill another muslim, but just like any other sin ... as long as muslim acknowledges it is wrong then they do not go to fire forever

Qur'an 25:68 - Those who invoke not, with Allah, any other god, nor slay such life as Allah has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment.

Qur'an 4:92 - And never is it for a believer to kill a believer except by mistake. And whoever kills a believer by mistake - then the freeing of a believing slave and a compensation payment presented to the deceased's family [is required] unless they give [up their right as] charity. But if the deceased was from a people at war with you and he was a believer - then [only] the freeing of a believing slave; and if he was from a people with whom you have a treaty - then a compensation payment presented to his family and the freeing of a believing slave. And whoever does not find [one or cannot afford to buy one] - then [instead], a fast for two months consecutively, [seeking] acceptance of repentance from Allah . And Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.

Qur'an 4:93 - But whoever kills a believer intentionally - his recompense is Hell, wherein he will abide eternally, and Allah has become angry with him and has cursed him and has prepared for him a great punishment.

Sahih al-Bukhari 3855
                    Narrated Sa`id bin Jubair:
                    `AbdurRahman bin Abza said, "Ask Ibn `Abbas about these two Qur'anic Verses: 'Nor kill such life as Allah has made sacred, Except for just cause.' (25.168) "And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell. (4.93) So I asked Ibn `Abbas who said, "When the Verse that is in Sura-al-Furqan was revealed, the pagans of Mecca said, 'But we have slain such life as Allah has made sacred, and we have invoked other gods along with Allah, and we have also committed fornication.' So Allah revealed:-- 'Except those who repent, believe, and do good-- (25.70) So this Verse was concerned with those people.As for the Verse in Surat-an-Nisa (4-93),
                    it means that if a man, after understanding Islam and its laws and obligations, murders somebody, then his punishment is to dwell in the (Hell) Fire forever." Then I mentioned this to Mujahid who said, "Except the one who regrets (one's crime) . "

https://islamqa.info/en/182945

Comment

Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
                      Assalam alaykum I got into a rather heated discussion with my mom regarding this topic. 4:93 says basically that whoever kills a Muslim intentionally (without repenting) goes to jahannam for eternity. A few ahadith state that all those who have the smallest amount of belief will enter Jannah. How do we explain this? I know I'm using a translation which I shouldn't in cases of sentencing people to hell, but I understood that those people wouldn't leave Hell for a very, very long time but will eventually enter Paradise. My mom says the Quran has the final say and that even the strongest believer will abide in Juhanam for eternity if they kill intentionally and don't repent.

Side note: this discussion started from discussing current terrorist attacks, but I'm not interested in that at the moment. Jzk
                      There are many factors in Murder . Like intention of the killer , circumstances under which he killed etc etc .

Only Allah swt can judge , and if Allah swt feels that someone killed without any reason what so ever then he may be send to hell forever.

Murder is not a small thing , you are transgressing three rights.

Firstly , right of Allah swt , because this life is a gift from Allah swt and one has no reason to take it except permissible by shariah.
                      Secondly , the person killed was denied his life .
                      Thirdly , his family and people whom he knew and those who dependent on him.

Comment

For first Part see my Post number 25

Second hadeeth which you quoted means that The person who is proud will not enter , but Hell is not the only stage where a person will be punished.

Allah swt may punish someone on death bed , inside grave , on the day of judgement , while crossing the bridge etc . If Allah swt wants to punish he will on those stages till his pride is washed off and he will be in Jannah . If not then in hell for sometimes as Allah swt considers enough , and then he will be in Jannah.

Comment

A kaafir could be the best person possible (socially) but he's still going to hell for eternity.

Comment

that verse refers only to kaafir who kill muslim, i.e, muslims who turn into kaafir by believing that it is halal to kill another muslim
                            The ayah is referring to the ones responsible.

From the story of Abel (Habil) and Cain (Qabil):
                            Qur'an 5:30 - So the Nafs (self) of the other (latter one) encouraged him and made fair-seeming to him the murder of his brother; he murdered him and became one of the losers.

If a muslim governor was told a lie by conspirator with a forged letter from a caliph (ruler of the muslims) ordering the execution of the muslim governor, and in retaliation orders the lynch of the unjust ruler, then is the ruler, governor, his and their people, kaafirs to each thier own prospectives?
                            Do they wage war on each other because they saw evil, not trusting, even if thier intention was good?
                            Seeking blind revenge and war against the succeeding caliph for defending the suspects for investigation, knowing that they were pawns? then the caliph gets assasinated?

You may see a coin with two sides but it has many seen and unseen dimensions, and once a trap is set in motion then misery follows unless or until one investigates, negotiates treaties for the community and reconcile, and the people maybe against the treaty, it's dictatorship and it's succeeding monarchy, then later challenged by a rival monarchy that had more right by bloodline.

Last edited by tumbirs; 26-07-16, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X