4:93 - will murderers go to Hell forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4:93 - will murderers go to Hell forever

Assalam alaykum I got into a rather heated discussion with my mom regarding this topic. 4:93 says basically that whoever kills a Muslim intentionally (without repenting) goes to jahannam for eternity. A few ahadith state that all those who have the smallest amount of belief will enter Jannah. How do we explain this? I know I'm using a translation which I shouldn't in cases of sentencing people to hell, but I understood that those people wouldn't leave Hell for a very, very long time but will eventually enter Paradise. My mom says the Quran has the final say and that even the strongest believer will abide in Juhanam for eternity if they kill intentionally and don't repent.

Side note: this discussion started from discussing current terrorist attacks, but I'm not interested in that at the moment. Jzk

4:93 - will murderers go to Hell forever

You're right your mom is wrong, tell her not to speak without knowledge.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Re: 4:93 - will murderers go to Hell forever

Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
      Assalam alaykum I got into a rather heated discussion with my mom regarding this topic. 4:93 says basically that whoever kills a Muslim intentionally (without repenting) goes to jahannam for eternity. A few ahadith state that all those who have the smallest amount of belief will enter Jannah. How do we explain this? I know I'm using a translation which I shouldn't in cases of sentencing people to hell, but I understood that those people wouldn't leave Hell for a very, very long time but will eventually enter Paradise. My mom says the Quran has the final say and that even the strongest believer will abide in Juhanam for eternity if they kill intentionally and don't repent.

Side note: this discussion started from discussing current terrorist attacks, but I'm not interested in that at the moment. Jzk
      Nobody with an atoms weight of Imaan will be in Jahannam Eternally,

They will eventually be taken out and entered in Jannah,

How long the punishment will be, Allah tala knows.

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Don't wanna be in Jahannam even for a second,
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Refer to the Tafsir of the Ayah here...

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...2382&Itemid=80

Comment

http://www.recitequran.com/tafsir/en.ibn-kathir/4:93

جزاك الله خيرا
          Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 23-07-16, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
            Refer to the Tafsir of the Ayah here...

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...2382&Itemid=80
            I might be misreading it, but it says that the repentance is accepted, which I do not dispute, but what about the one who doesn't repent?

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
              That's what I thought, and I said this to her (politely of course), but she's asking why it says for eternity if it doesn't mean that. Do you have an answer?

Comment

I might be misreading it, but it says that the repentance is accepted, which I do not dispute, but what about the one who doesn't repent?
                Allah عز و جل accepts sincere repentance of any sin,

I'll ask Sheikh and come back to you

Far as I'm aware, no believer will be in Jahannam Eternally
                Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 23-07-16, 02:36 AM.

Comment

That's what I thought, and I said this to her (politely of course), but she's asking why it says for eternity if it doesn't mean that. Do you have an answer?
                  The sin itself is strong enough to take you to hell for eternity however La ilaha illallah is stronger in the end so it trumps the punishment. Well this makes sense to me personally.
                  You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

The sin itself is strong enough to take you to hell for eternity however La ilaha illallah is stronger in the end so it trumps the punishment. Well this makes sense to me personally.
                    Makes sense, jzkAllah khairan

Comment

So when the Quran uses the word (for eternity/ خالدا), it doesn't necessarily mean it? Or the rulings from Hadiths get precedence over the Quran?

Comment

Asked Sheikh Abu Musab, he confirmed a person with Imaan who dies after murdering a Muslim won't be in Jahannam forever.

Eternal punishment is not for anyone who dies as a Muslim,

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal-Parwana View Post
                          So when the Quran uses the word (for eternity/ خالدا), it doesn't necessarily mean it? Or the rulings from Hadiths get precedence over the Quran?
                          If they die upon Kuf/Shirk yes, not as a Muslim,

Nobody with an atoms weight of Imaan will reside in Jahannam Eternally

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                            If they die upon Kuf/Shirk yes, not as a Muslim,

Nobody with an atoms weight of Imaan will reside in Jahannam Eternally

Can you explain what does the Quran actually mean when it says that the murderer will live in Hell for ever?
                            Nobody with an atoms weight of Imaan will reside in Jahannam Eternally.
                            Another Hadith says that: He who has in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of pride shall not enter Paradise.
                            Where will the proud believers go?

Comment

Someone (not here) said that it was abrogated, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X