Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have to go to a Bengali Wedding - How Do I Conduct Myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to go to a Bengali Wedding - How Do I Conduct Myself?

Salaam,

First of all, can you please, under any cirumstances, do NOT move my thread to that "M*rriage Section", as I want to have nothing to do with that horrible place. I don't want to be anywhere near it. Thank you.

Secondly, I have been invited to a Bengali wedding. Is it any different from a Pakistani wedding? What do I do - just sit there, say salaam and make pointless conversation with everyone on my right and left, eat some food and give a little lecture on how all this wastage of food should be avoided, and go home?

Is there any other customs that I need to be aware of or run away from?

I'm not even sure if it's the wedding or the reception I'm going to (I think it's the latter) - I better check.

I have to go to a Bengali Wedding - How Do I Conduct Myself?

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

It's really no different to Pakistani weddings.
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Re: I have to go to a Bengali Wedding - How Do I Conduct Myself?

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
      Salaam,

First of all, can you please, under any cirumstances, do NOT move my thread to that "M*rriage Section", as I want to have nothing to do with that horrible place. I don't want to be anywhere near it. Thank you.

Secondly, I have been invited to a Bengali wedding. Is it any different from a Pakistani wedding? What do I do - just sit there, say salaam and make pointless conversation with everyone on my right and left, eat some food and give a little lecture on how all this wastage of food should be avoided, and go home?

Is there any other customs that I need to be aware of or run away from?

I'm not even sure if it's the wedding or the reception I'm going to (I think it's the latter) - I better check.
      :wswrwb:

If there is Free-mixing and Music, then it's better if you politely refuse, and remind the relevant people that it's supposed to be a day of blessings and not sins.

You need to ask the person who invited you akhi,

:jkk:
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

If there is Free-mixing and Music, then it's better if you politely refuse, and remind the relevant people that it's supposed to be a day of blessings and not sins.

You need to ask the person who invited you akhi,

I agree with this

CHECK before you go because some go NUTS :wacko: they'll probably FORCE you to go up on stage and sit next to the bride and groom like some clown to take pics

:wacko:
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

just be yourself, its only a wedding lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
            I agree with this

CHECK before you go because some go NUTS :wacko: they'll probably FORCE you to go up on stage and sit next to the bride and groom like some clown to take pics

:wacko:
            Some?

Ukthi more like majority have Music or Free Mixing,

or they have men and women segregated but you can see the women, with no partition, which is just as bad.

Last one I went to had Men and Women segregated but played Haraam Nasheeds,

the worst thing is No one objected,

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

just be yourself, its only a wedding lol
              If I just "be myself" I will probably be ejected from the hall after 5 minutes for speaking my mind about some issue, which will upset someone. (I'm only joking.)

Weddings are so boring. I cant stand them. Never mind, at least someone thought of inviting me, Alhumdulilah.

Comment

Probably the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
                  If I just "be myself" I will probably be ejected from the hall after 5 minutes for speaking my mind about some issue, which will upset someone. (I'm only joking.)

Weddings are so boring. I cant stand them. Never mind, at least someone thought of inviting me, Alhumdulilah.
                  well pop in, show your face have a bit of food then do one, jobs a good'un

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X