Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The importance of being in good term with others

:salams

This is a reminder for myself first and foremost. I was just thinking of this incident that occured last year. When I heard about it, it made me very emotional for a week or so. So basically 2 people had a massive fight and stopped speaking with eachother. They were avoiding eachother out of anger, but Allah swt willed for one of their lives to be taken away and so that person died during their sleep. They were family so they loved eachother very much, but the anger made it end so badly.

SubhanAllah when I heard what happened my heart just sank even though I didn't know them personally. I seriously felt so bad for them both. These things do happen and we don't know if it'll happen to us or not. May Allah swt not let such a scary thing happen to us ameen. We let our arrogance take control of us, and our nafs absolutely hates to be proven wrong so it's easy to blame others for everything. But the truth is when there's anger involved, both parties are wrong. Nothing good comes out of anger. It creates hatred between two people who otherwise would love eachother so much. It destroys family ties and friendship. It ruins brotherhood and sisterhood. And sadly as human beings we realise what something truly means to us once we actually lose it and don't get another chance to do anything about it. Lets not take anyone or anything for granted and treasure what we have. Our family members, our friends, our brothers and sisters in Islam.

Even the people we argue with, we might not get to speak a word to them again. We might not be alive or they might not be alive. We need to make sure that the last word we speak to one another is a word of love and peace. Not words of hatred and anger. InshaaAllah. Before we go to bed, we should make sure we are in good terms with everyone, and apologise to those we may have hurt in any way so that they forgive us. We might never wake up, like that person never did.. Can you imagine living a life filled with regret for not being able to apologise? And maybe asked about it in the hereafter as well? SubhanAllah it must be incredibly painful. May Allah swt protect us from anger and make it easy for us to make excuses for one another ameen.

I'm really sorry if I've wronged anyone in any way. I can think of some members that I hurt with my words by saying things I shouldn't have said. Will you guys please forgive me? :( If I do anything wrong to you then do let me know InshaaAllah so that I don't make that same mistake again. Love you all for the sake of Allah swt. :jkk:
    "Let the days do as they please
    And be optimistic when destiny decrees
    Do not despair due to the events of the past
    For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Re: The importance of being in good term with others

Very good reminder.

Jazak Allah Khair, sister.

Comment

This is so what I needed to read, had the worst day at work yesterday, i was so angry and yes i kinda stopped speaking to her... Life is short and no one is guaranteed another day. This post seems like it was meant only for me! :jkk: i shall ask forgiveness from her (even though i was clealy not in the wrong, oh nafs shut up!!)

:jkk: we love you too for the pleasure of Allah :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
        This is so what I needed to read, had the worst day at work yesterday, i was so angry and yes i kinda stopped speaking to her... Life is short and no one is guaranteed another day. This post seems like it was meant only for me! :jkk: i shall ask forgiveness from her (even though i was clealy not in the wrong, oh nafs shut up!!)

'Oh nafs shut up'.......wonderful. LOL.
        'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

Comment

:wswrwb:

Good reminder for us all.

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Theistic View Post
            Very good reminder.

Jazak Allah Khair, sister.
            Wa iyyak brother

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post

I'm sorry you had a bad day yesterday sister, I hope everything gets better soon InshaaAllah :)

Wa iyyaki :love:

Originally posted by ~Umar~ View Post
            :wswrwb:

Good reminder for us all.

Wa iyyak

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

what about people who oppress others and when it seems like a regular argument but it isn't? I.e. one is taking rights of the other person.
              Its good not to speak to some because they only take advantage of you. I mean be careful of others rights and the way you deal with them, but know that disassociation is not always a bad thing.

xx

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                what about people who oppress others and when it seems like a regular argument but it isn't? I.e. one is taking rights of the other person.
                Its good not to speak to some because they only take advantage of you. I mean be careful of others rights and the way you deal with them, but know that disassociation is not always a bad thing.

xx
                Not sure Laila so I can't really say anything about it, Allah swt knows best.

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X