How to reconnect with father?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reconnect with father?

Parents divorced when I was 4 but I was raised by my mum - who was a very nice loving lady and suitable parent. But things have changed and I have grown apart from my mother and she's disappointed in me, cos of my personal issues.
    Dad has started calling these past few years but he lives up north so it isn't easy for me to pop by. I am very limited in the Somali language so our conversations are stilted.
    How do I show him respect as a father. He is ill and elderly and needs my help but lives so far away

#yesanotherdepressingpost

I hope this thread will help others who want to fulfil their duties to parents under circumstances

Re: How to reconnect with father?

Salaam sis... Hope ur okay

Is he able to visit where u live
    Perhaps u and ur sibling can go to see him.

But even phonecalls help. Even though ur not fluent in somali, ur dad will deffo like it if ur on the phone to him.
    Okay :)

Comment

Maybe find out what his needs are and do something/get him something that will make his life easier in general, if you are able to.

For example... If he has difficulty walking get him a walking stick so even when you not around his life in general is made easier.

This should invoke his duas everytime he uses and remind him of you.

Comment

Maybe find out what his needs are and do something/get him something that will make his life easier in general, if you are able to.

For example... If he has difficulty walking get him a walking stick so even when you not around his life in general is made easier.

This should invoke his duas everytime he uses and remind him of you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X