Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your Glasses Story?

:salams

I just realised everyone who wears glasses has a unique story to tell about how and why they first started wearing glasses.

Mine is this:

I was about 10 (in Year 6) and a real book worm. I loved the Jaqueline Wilson books the most. What I used to do was read at bedtime and use the light that came from the hall way to help me to see. This led me to strain my eyes and I think this is what caused my eyesight to go bad.

I told my mum I couldn't see the board at school but she didn't believe me because she thought I wanted to wear glasses for fashion. Anyway, I couldn't see anything for a while and one day my mum made me hoover the living room. She was watching me hoover and was like "you have missed a huge part there". I was like "where?" :scratch: and she said "do you not see those pieces over there?" and I said "no, I told you I can't see". And that was when she finally believed me and I was four-eyed from thence forth.

What's your story?
    When did you start wearing glasses?
    Were you embarrassed when you began wearing them or indifferent?

:jkk:

And to you lot with 20/20 vision who may be feeling left out, don't worry you'll probably be long-sighted and get to join the club when you're old anyway :up:
    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Re: What is your Glasses Story?

I don't wear glasses but when I was little my brother started wearing them, and I was so jealous that I lied that I was having eye problems so I could wear glasses.

Eye doctor saw through my lies and said my vision was fine. Now I'm relieved cause I'd look ugly as heck if I had to wear glasses.

>.>

Comment

[MENTION=128109]EenieMeanie[/MENTION]

yessssssss bruvvvaaaaa Jacqueline Wilson tho

lol

glasses look cute allahumma baarik

I was thinking of getting a fake pair then someone said I shouldnt
      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

:wswrwb:

I have a slight degree of myopia, However it isn't a big problem alhamdulillah. I don't wear them at all, But I was given them when I was 13.

I got them cause I always use to sit close to the TV when playing video games which led to eye strain for me.

I wish I could go back and change it though :/

Comment

well my story is short. I use to watch too much tv when I was young then I went to an eye test. Then bang I had glasses. They gave me eye patches first though. I looked like a pirate.

Comment

My story is super unique. Turns out my eyesight was weak and I needed specs.

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
              :salams

I just realised everyone who wears glasses has a unique story to tell about how and why they first started wearing glasses.
              Walaiukmassalam,

"Unique story"? What on earth are you on about?

Most people start wearing them because they can't see properly - that's hardly a "unique story"
              Last edited by SimpleTraveller; 18-07-16, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                I don't wear glasses but when I was little my brother started wearing them, and I was so jealous that I lied that I was having eye problems so I could wear glasses.

Eye doctor saw through my lies and said my vision was fine. Now I'm relieved cause I'd look ugly as heck if I had to wear glasses.

>.>
                :rotfl: that's so naughty. I would be so scared as a child if I tried to fool the eye doctor. Rebel.

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                [MENTION=128109]EenieMeanie[/MENTION]

yessssssss bruvvvaaaaa Jacqueline Wilson tho
                Right? That woman was my childhood.

Originally posted by ~Umar~ View Post
                :wswrwb:

I have a slight degree of myopia/
                What's that, brother?

Originally posted by Basil_1 View Post
                well my story is short. I use to watch too much tv when I was young then I went to an eye test. Then bang I had glasses. They gave me eye patches first though. I looked like a pirate.
                How come you had to wear eye patches?? :scratch:
                And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah

Comment

:rotfl: that's so naughty. I would be so scared as a child if I tried to fool the eye doctor. Rebel.

What's that, brother?

Short-Sightedness or nearsightedness whatever u want to call it.

Comment

What's that, brother?

the illustrated mum
                    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
                      Walaiukmassalam,

"Unique story"? What on earth are you on about?

Most people start wearing them because they can't see properly.
                      You know what, brother, I think it's really very sad that instead of out and out addressing your problem with me or just pardoning me, you insist on being passive aggressive and saying something to criticise or undermine me in every post/thread I make.

From spelling errors to bringing up irrelevant things I have done in the past - you are so very petty. And you're probably old enough to father me,

Don't bother responding to this because I have put you on ignore. :brf:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                        the illustrated mum
                        Yeah I never got to read that but I remember they did a special on CBBC and it was so sad

She is such a talented writer - really captures the voice of the child.

Comment

What's that, brother?

I was in primary school when I first got my glasses. I don't remember.

Comment

bad vision, parents didnt believe me, thought to myself maybe it was normal after all, ended up with glasses 9 years later since it got worse
                            "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                              bad vision, parents didnt believe me, thought to myself maybe it was normal after all, ended up with glasses 9 years later since it got worse
                              There seems to be a trend of parents not believing their kids :scratch:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X