• Show
Clear All

Re: What is your Glasses Story?

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
    There seems to be a trend of parents not believing their kids :scratch:
    All because of me lol :p

Comment

It all started in secondary school. I had a blurry vision and had a hard time copying math equations on the board. The girl who sat next to me borrowed me her glasses. Many thought I looked cute in it so....

Comment

I started having problems seeing properly when I was in year 8/9. However, I started wearing my first pair of glasses when I 20. I remember I would first told my mum I need glasses, and she would say " No your eyes would become small if you wear glasses" lol. Am not going to lie, but its weird when you actually see a friend or a family member take of their glasses they would look completely different.
        I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

Comment

Oh my god Jacqueline Wilson!!!
          I loved her books as a kid! She wrote books for teenage girls as wel but I found them to be fun but kinda weird.

Comment

Lol I used ro read in the dark all the time, just like you using the light from the hallway. I had to share my room so I wasnt allowed to turn on the light.
            My dad told me multiple times that reading in the dark is bad for your eyes but I kept on doing it for years and years (still, using my phone as an ereader)
            I got glasses when I was9/10. I don't know what led me or my parents to go to the eyedoctor but I remember I got my eyes checked and he was like:yep you need glasses and then I cried cause I was afraid I'd be bullied for it (thinking like this was a result from reading too many books lol)
            The first time I wore my glasses I'll never forget. Everything looked so sharp and shiney! From that day on me and my glasses were inseperable. Everyone is so used to me wearing glasses, myself included. I think I look horrible without glasses unless I have loads of make up on at a wedding or something.

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
              It all started in secondary school. I had a blurry vision and had a hard time copying math equations on the board. The girl who sat next to me borrowed me her glasses. Many thought I looked cute in it so....
              Loool so the question is did you wear it because they looked cute or so you could do maths?

Originally posted by menk View Post
              I started having problems seeing properly when I was in year 8/9. However, I started wearing my first pair of glasses when I 20. I remember I would first told my mum I need glasses, and she would say " No your eyes would become small if you wear glasses" lol. Am not going to lie, but its weird when you actually see a friend or a family member take of their glasses they would look completely different.
              It took you ELEVEN years subhanAllah? True, when some people take off their glasses, they look very different. I think I do but because I wear both contacts and glasses nowadays, people have got used to both.

Originally posted by Demure View Post
              Oh my god Jacqueline Wilson!!!
              I loved her books as a kid! She wrote books for teenage girls as wel but I found them to be fun but kinda weird.
              Lol I really like JW books - I think it all started from watching Tracy Beaker on telly.

Originally posted by Demure View Post
              Lol I used ro read in the dark all the time, just like you using the light from the hallway. I had to share my room so I wasnt allowed to turn on the light.
              My dad told me multiple times that reading in the dark is bad for your eyes but I kept on doing it for years and years (still, using my phone as an ereader)
              I got glasses when I was9/10. I don't know what led me or my parents to go to the eyedoctor but I remember I got my eyes checked and he was like:yep you need glasses and then I cried cause I was afraid I'd be bullied for it (thinking like this was a result from reading too many books lol)
              The first time I wore my glasses I'll never forget. Everything looked so sharp and shiney! From that day on me and my glasses were inseperable. Everyone is so used to me wearing glasses, myself included. I think I look horrible without glasses unless I have loads of make up on at a wedding or something.
              Lol I remember when I was wearing glasses for the first time and my sister was driving us home. The world looked so beautiful. Even now sometimes when I pray and I take my glasses off, I marvel at how fortunate we are to have our sight and the fact that Allah has given us the means to see clearly by using glasses. Alhamdullilah.
              And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
              http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
                Loool so the question is did you wear it because they looked cute or so you could do maths?

It took you ELEVEN years subhanAllah? True, when some people take off their glasses, they look very different. I think I do but because I wear both contacts and glasses nowadays, people have got used to both.

Lol I really like JW books - I think it all started from watching Tracy Beaker on telly.

Lol I remember when I was wearing glasses for the first time and my sister was driving us home. The world looked so beautiful. Even now sometimes when I pray and I take my glasses off, I marvel at how fortunate we are to have our sight and the fact that Allah has given us the means to see clearly by using glasses. Alhamdullilah.
                I was In complete denial and I told myself I didn't need glasses. Now, I wear them everyday single day, I even work out while wearing them. They have become in some way, part of my body. I never wear contact lenses because there is a 60% chance that you can get an eye infection compared to wearing glasses.
                Lol do you know my exact age?
                I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

Comment

I always wanted glasses and i went to the glasses place and i was like "i see better with my dads glasses" and the girl checked my eyes out etc and she went "your eyes are soo good that they adjust to pretty much anything thats why u can see good with ur dads glasses on too" so i was really bummed.

Everyone say Allahumma barik cus i dont wanna lose my eyesight okkk
                  يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

[MENTION=128109]EenieMeanie[/MENTION]

Neither. :smilet-digitalpoint

I was always sitting at the front squintimg my eyes out when it came to writing down stuff from the whiteboard. Sometimes I struggle to copy those words and I'd always point out 'what is that word teacher'' 'what is that word I cant see' 'teacher your handwriting is bad what is THAT at the bottom' 'guys whats that word'. Even had people shoving glasses at me so I can just see.

If the teacher was strict, and we were told to copy stuff down, I'd be quiet and just pretend to write something and doodle.

That's when I needed the glasses.

Comment

Couldn't see the board at school. Teachers told my mom I was squinting all the time and everything always looked blurry.

My mom really knew there was a problem when one day we were at my aunts house and someone knocked on her door and when she opened it I thought it was another one of my aunts and so I ran up to her and hugged her. So what's the problem you say? That wasn't my aunt it was a woman I didn't even know but because I'm literally blind without glasses or contacts I assumed it was her and ended up hugging a random woman.

I wear contacts now.
                      Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by menk View Post
                        I was In complete denial and I told myself I didn't need glasses. Now, I wear them everyday single day, I even work out while wearing them. They have become in some way, part of my body. I never wear contact lenses because there is a 60% chance that you can get an eye infection compared to wearing glasses.
                        Lol do you know my exact age?
                        I just took 8/9 (the age you noticed your eyes were bad) from 20 (the age you got glasses). I didn't know your age but now I'm guessing you're 21. And yeah contact lenses may increase your risk of developing eye infections but alhamdullilah I don't seem to have this problem. Also, I tend to self-treat if I get infections by cleaning my eyes with salt water and it always clears up. My theory is that if my eyes learn the infection, they will become stronger and more immune to them next time inshaAllah.

You should try contacts. It's so funny because I started wearing contacts very rarely at the age of about 17 and by then I had gone through puberty and it was so funny how much I had developed since 11. Glasses make you forget what your face actually looks like.

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                        I always wanted glasses and i went to the glasses place and i was like "i see better with my dads glasses" and the girl checked my eyes out etc and she went "your eyes are soo good that they adjust to pretty much anything thats why u can see good with ur dads glasses on too" so i was really bummed.

Everyone say Allahumma barik cus i dont wanna lose my eyesight okkk
                        MashaAllah, Allahumma barik.

Neither. :smilet-digitalpoint

I was always sitting at the front squintimg my eyes out when it came to writing down stuff from the whiteboard. Sometimes I struggle to copy those words and I'd always point out 'what is that word teacher'' 'what is that word I cant see' 'teacher your handwriting is bad what is THAT at the bottom' 'guys whats that word'. Even had people shoving glasses at me so I can just see.

If the teacher was strict, and we were told to copy stuff down, I'd be quiet and just pretend to write something and doodle.

That's when I needed the glasses.
                        Aww, bless..you remind me of my friend - she borrowed her friend's glasses for year(s?) and I think just recently has got her own. I always used to laugh when she pulled them out in maths.
                        And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
                          Couldn't see the board at school. Teachers told my mom I was squinting all the time and everything always looked blurry.

My mom really knew there was a problem when one day we were at my aunts house and someone knocked on her door and when she opened it I thought it was another one of my aunts and so I ran up to her and hugged her. So what's the problem you say? That wasn't my aunt it was a woman I didn't even know but because I'm literally blind without glasses or contacts I assumed it was her and ended up hugging a random woman.

I wear contacts now.
                          :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Comment

Does putting salt water actually work with eye infections? It sounds dangerous. Does it really work?

Comment

When I forgot where I put them and it was so obvious.
                              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Does putting salt water actually work with eye infections? It sounds dangerous. Does it really work?
                                Salt water is not only harmless, it is also beneficial. A great way to soothe and clean your eyes. It works for me anyway. Along with your body's natural defences.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X