X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your Glasses Story?

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    I think glasses make your eyes worse
    I agree. But it's weird because I also think not wearing them can make your eyes worse if you end up straining your eyes.

My mum thinks Specsavers conspire against their customers to try to make their eyes worse so they can get a steady flow of income from them for years to come.
    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

I think glasses make your eyes worse
      really? coz I'm so guilty. I don't wear them a lot and my vision is bad, I can't see things from too far. like when I'm driving I rly should be wearing glasses for the signs, but I never do since I know my way around. I thought because of having to strain my eyes to see without glasses, maybe made my vision worse.
      Indeed we belong to Allah,
      and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

:jkk: to the people who have shared their stories. It's very interesting and amusing to read :1popcorn:
        And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah

Comment

I need glasses because my eyes are too big -_- that's what the optician said.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
            I need glasses because my eyes are too big -_- that's what the optician said.
            Won't that just make your eyes...BIGGER?

And what's the science behind that anyway? Are you sure your optician is not messing you about?

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
              I agree. But it's weird because I also think not wearing them can make your eyes worse if you end up straining your eyes.

My mum thinks Specsavers conspire against their customers to try to make their eyes worse so they can get a steady flow of income from them for years to come.
              Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
              really? coz I'm so guilty. I don't wear them a lot and my vision is bad, I can't see things from too far. like when I'm driving I rly should be wearing glasses for the signs, but I never do since I know my way around. I thought because of having to strain my eyes to see without glasses, maybe made my vision worse.

I used to squint but that was a while back and I am confident my eyes would have been much more worse if I relied on glasses. Everyone I know that wears glasses has to wear them all the time

I'm talking about short sighted people. I agree it's all about the money

it's a conspiracy! eat carrot juice, put cucumber on your eyes and forget your 1/4 blind and you'll recover in no time

Wear them if your vision is blurry. Take them off when you're at home.

Comment

I used to squint but that was a while back and I am confident my eyes would have been much more worse if I relied on glasses. Everyone I know that wears glasses has to wear them all the time

I'm talking about short sighted people. I agree it's all about the money

it's a conspiracy! eat carrot juice, put cucumber on your eyes and forget your 1/4 blind and you'll recover in no time

Wear them if your vision is blurry. Take them off when you're at home.
                I hate wearing them. they don't feel right on me lols. does carrot juice really help? I might try that iA.
                Indeed we belong to Allah,
                and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                  I hate wearing them. they don't feel right on me lols. does carrot juice really help? I might try that iA.
                  it has something called lutein and carotene in it but I don't think carrots alone will can help lol

I do believe that some eye sights get better but there is no evidence for this lol

Comment

Won't that just make your eyes...BIGGER?

And what's the science behind that anyway? Are you sure your optician is not messing you about?
                    Idk :scratch:

Apparently coz my eye balls are big so the light has to travel a greater distance to hit the sensor at the back so it results in short-sightedness. :(

Comment

Idk :scratch:

Apparently coz my eye balls are big so the light has to travel a greater distance to hit the sensor at the back so it results in short-sightedness. :(
                      that's why they call it short sightedness which always confuses people

it's to do with that retina thing :scratch: I need a recap

it begins with c hmmmmm

Comment

that's why they call it short sightedness which always confuses people

it's to do with that retina thing :scratch: I need a recap

it begins with c hmmmmm
                        Yeah something like that :1popcorn:

Comment

Yeah something like that :1popcorn:
                          [MENTION=136545]MuslimBro17[/MENTION] said cornea, sounds about right

forget google :zzz:

Comment

[MENTION=136545]MuslimBro17[/MENTION] said cornea, sounds about right

forget google :zzz:
                            Ah yes that's it! :zzz:

Comment

Ah yes that's it! :zzz:
                              :zzz:

someone do my homework for me, I just can't keep the eyes open

:zzz: must hold on a bit longer

science was my favourite subject :inlove:

Comment

:rotfl: that's so naughty. I would be so scared as a child if I tried to fool the eye doctor. Rebel.

Right? That woman was my childhood.

What's that, brother?

How come you had to wear eye patches?? :scratch:

Lol I remember my mom was mad. I think I was just jealous over my brother getting a lot of attention, and I wanted it too. I reminded her of this and she can't remember it lol, I'm like I hope this isn't something I imagined but it wasn't lol

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                                Glasses make every woman look better.
                                Get the frames without the glass lol.

Not me, believe me lol

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X