Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your Glasses Story?

I was too stupid to realise.

I used to copy the school work from the person sitting next to me and my life continued like that until that day with the family when ALL was exposed and I realised I was ....

I thought I looked okay with those ugly round glasses, I couldn't see so that's expected

:rotfl:
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
      Yeah I never got to read that but I remember they did a special on CBBC and it was so sad

She is such a talented writer - really captures the voice of the child.
      and I loved the illustrations.... I mean if u could ever see them they were really good
      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
        I don't wear glasses but when I was little my brother started wearing them, and I was so jealous that I lied that I was having eye problems so I could wear glasses.

Eye doctor saw through my lies and said my vision was fine. Now I'm relieved cause I'd look ugly as heck if I had to wear glasses.

>.>
        Glasses make every woman look better.
        Get the frames without the glass lol.
        Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

You know what, brother, I think it's really very sad that instead of out and out addressing your problem with me or just pardoning me, you insist on being passive aggressive and saying something to criticise or undermine me in every post/thread I make.

From spelling errors to bringing up irrelevant things I have done in the past - you are so very petty. And you're probably old enough to father me,

Don't bother responding to this because I have put you on ignore. :brf:
          Now that you have put me on "Ignore" sister and are not going to read this anyway, I shouldn't respond - but I will.

I am neither being "passive aggressive", nor "petty", nor do I "undermine" you in "every thread". I can quite easily pull out a thread where I've done the opposite, but never mind. What difference will it make.

It's just my way of writing, to which you have taken offence. I just made a rather direct comment, which I tend to do out of habit on a number of threads.

I am a little bit hurt that I have been put on "Ignore", but such is life. Never mind, never mind.

May Allah grant you goodness.

Take care and Salaam.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
            Glasses make every woman look better.
            Get the frames without the glass lol.
            it depends

it makes me look worse but I don't care you have to think about your safety when driving
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
              I was too stupid to realise.

I used to copy the school work from the person sitting next to me and my life continued like that until that day with the family when ALL was exposed and I realised I was ....

I thought I looked okay with those ugly round glasses, I couldn't see so that's expected

:rotfl:
              This is just perfect, Ya'sin you need to add this to the 'dumb things I've done' thread lol I can just imagine your face lighting up at your Eureka! moment :D

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
              and I loved the illustrations.... I mean if u could ever see them they were really good
              I saw them - they were lovely. Some other guy illustrated it tho iirc Nick something??
              And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
              http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                it depends

it makes me look worse but I don't care you have to think about your safety when driving
                Maybe I'm just very keen on women with glasses lol.
                Now that I think about it, I remember seeing that video of Big Red raging lol, her glasses make her look wacky. But then, her behaviour makes her repulsive, I can't make my mind up when that's in the way.
                Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

I was walking, tripped, accidentally feel on on them and never took it off since. I wonder who's glasses it is.?
                  Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Failed the eye exam when I went to get my driver's license many years ago. Dad was furious.

I actually don't like them that much. I'm much better looking without them on. I'm going to be looking into contact lenses or Lasik when I can afford it in shaa Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                      I was walking, tripped, accidentally feel on on them and never took it off since. I wonder who's glasses it is.?
                      Stealing glasses is a

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                      :wswrwb:

Failed the eye exam when I went to get my driver's license many years ago. Dad was furious.

I actually don't like them that much. I'm much better looking without them on. I'm going to be looking into contact lenses or Lasik when I can afford it in shaa Allah.
                      Why was your dad furious?

Contact lenses are good. My sister had laser eye surgery and alhamdullilah so far so good and it's been about 2 years. But if it took you until learning how to drive to find out you need glasses, then your eyes can't be that bad - perhaps Lasik wouldn't be worth the risk?
                      And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah

Comment

Stealing glasses is a

Why was your dad furious?

Contact lenses are good. My sister had laser eye surgery and alhamdullilah so far so good and it's been about 2 years. But if it took you until learning how to drive to find out you need glasses, then your eyes can't be that bad - perhaps Lasik wouldn't be worth the risk?
                        Lol because he had to pay for glasses.

No my sight is bad, trust me. I don't know why I never noticed, but the minute I put on those glasses my whole world changed.

Lasik isn't very risky afaik.

Comment

No my sight is bad, trust me. I don't know why I never noticed, but the minute I put on those glasses my whole world changed.

are you able to tell the difference bw girls wearing makeup and no makeup now? :rotfl:

never mind, i'm sure you lower your gaze.
                          Indeed we belong to Allah,
                          and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

If you were able to walk around and not notice your sight cannot be that bad. If I even attempt to walk out of the house without glasses, I will probably get hit by a car and the chances are even higher with lamp posts. I actually tried it when I was a couple of metres from my house and it was so scary.

Comment

I think glasses make your eyes worse

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                                are you able to tell the difference bw girls wearing makeup and no makeup now? :rotfl:

never mind, i'm sure you lower your gaze.
                                Yes, with 87% efficiency.

If you were able to walk around and not notice your sight cannot be that bad. If I even attempt to walk out of the house without glasses, I will probably get hit by a car and the chances are even higher with lamp posts. I actually tried it when I was a couple of metres from my house and it was so scary.
                                Maybe you're right, but I'm pretty sure my sight has gotten worse since then. I can't see jack without my glasses now.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X