No announcement yet.

why do you guys not drink tap water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why do you guys not drink tap water?

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    I've watched a documentary about bottled water and superfoods and it showed how it was all just a way to pocket your money.

Okay London water is hard but the rest of the UK is fine.
    lol

the north usually has soft water, I don't like the taste

the South has hard water but that causes limescale
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post
      Maybe you're buying a cheap brand of bottled water. Poland Spring tastes pretty good to me. Tap water tastes weird, iirc it tastes a bit metallic. Zamzam is the best.
      You live in America right? I don't know how the tap water is there.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

[MENTION=136292]ms.muslimah[/MENTION]

some are just tap water packed in plastic bottles
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Last edited by Simply_Logical; 17-07-16, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Some people are germaphobes. It really annoys me too, some of my friends are like that and i want to slap them silly

I've always drank tap water, has never done anything to harm me...

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Haha very true. more fool people who waste their money on something they are already getting :rofl1:

Comment

Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post
                Maybe you're buying a cheap brand of bottled water, or maybe your water wasn't cold enough. Poland Spring tastes pretty good to me. Tap water tastes weird, iirc it tastes a bit metallic. Zamzam is the best.

It probably only preforms better because people are used to the cheap taste. Kind of like when I first tasted real maple syrup I didn't like it. I liked the one mixed with corn syrup better. It takes time to get used to good stuff.

People used to have access to the places where bottled water comes from. The water that we have access to now is not the same. It's not about it being in a bottle it's where the water comes from.

Not British. People.used to drink beer because water was filth. If the water is good enough for a baby and wash our hands with, its good enough for me.
                And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                  You live in America right? I don't know how the tap water is there.
                  Yeah, I live in America, maybe the water in Germany is better. The water here doesn't taste that good I think.

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Maybe people who don't like bottled water have had those kind of water, or maybe the tap water where they live is better
                  Narrated Anas:
                  The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
                    Not British. People.used to drink beer because water was filth. If the water is good enough for a baby and wash our hands with, its good enough for me.
                    But maybe it isn't good for the babies...
                    Narrated Anas:
                    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

it depends where you live, how clean the water there is and how the pipes are....
                      "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

In France people don't drink tap water and they're very serious about this. For them tap water is suitable for having a bath or washing their hands but they wont drink it.
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X