Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop Talking About Your Holiday - Nobody Cares.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Talking About Your Holiday - Nobody Cares.

Salaam,

So there are people who have to work 6-7 days a week, like slaves (and oftern for very rich companies), just to make ends meet. I often see and meet people like this myself - doing all sorts of crazy hours and odd shifts just to survive.

And then you have those who do "regular" work, or maybe no work at all - and are busy jettting off for their 3 holidays to Dubai every year because they are "stressed" and need a break. Well if Allah has given you the opportunity for your seven trips to Dubai - good for you.

Just dont bang on about it everyone else, because guess what - nobody cares. Especially not those who cannot even afford one break a year.

Nobody wants to see your social media update standing next to some soulless building like the Burj Khalifia, or what you ate for lunch in Morocco this afternoon etc.

Nobody wants to read your Tw**ter comments (sorry, that website is not allowed to be mentioned in my house, I hate it so much) about how you are shopping for things you dont need yet again.

Keep your little adventures to yourself or your immediate family, be grateful that you can afford six breaks a year while others are wearing themselves out at work, and just show a little bit more humility in general.

Salaam

Re: Stop Talking About Your Holiday - Nobody Cares.

Salaam

U okay?
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
      Salaam

U okay?
      Walaikumassalam brother,

I am fine, Alhumdulilah.

And you?

Comment

are u feeling okey or something?
        "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

You know you can unfriend or unfollow people ^_^
          Sorry to be blunt but it's the internet. Don't like it change it. Log out or follow other inspiring people. You come across as bitter from your post :/ if you need support let one of the akhis know!
          :salams
          Forge ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
            are u feeling okey or something?
            I'm feeling very well brother, Alhumdulilah.

I hope you are well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
              You know you can unfriend or unfollow people ^_^
              Sorry to be blunt but it's the internet. Don't like it change it. Log out or follow other inspiring people. You come across as bitter from your post :/ if you need support let one of the akhis know!
              :salams
              Erm - I am not on social media sites brother, and dont follow anyone - so I dont need to "unfollow" anyone.

I'm just taking in general terms, and people talking about their holidays whether on the internet or on real life.

I'm not bitter, in fact I've had some lovely holidays in my lifetime (Alhumdulilah) - just asking for consideraton for others. It's like a woman constantly going on about her lovely kids to a woman who cant conceive. Or a man taking about the lavish foods he ate to a hungry person.

So people should think of others before they talk so freely about themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
                Walaikumassalam brother,

I am fine, Alhumdulilah.

And you?
                Alhamdulillah akhi im good

Did somthin happen
                [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Erm - I am not on social media sites, and dont follow anyone - so I dont need to "unfollow" anyone.

I'm just taking in general terms, and people talking about their holidays whether on the internet or on real life.

I'm not bitter, in fact I've had some lovely holidays in my lifetime (Alhumdulilah) - just asking for consideraton for others. It's like a woman constantly going on about her lovely kids to a woman who cant conceive. Or a man taking about the lavish foods he ate to a hungry person.

So people should think of others before they talk so freely about themselves.
                  Ever thought the fact you dont care is because you dont know these people?

And I am sure they dont care whatever you think about them either because their post wasn't even aimed towards strangers like you to begin with, rather it was towards their friends..... people who actually care about them.

If someone can't share or express their happiness for their own friends then they have a serious problem in my book. But since you're not friends with them and their post is obviously not aimed towards you, then why do you specifically have a problem with it...?

For example for me, if I saw a stranger do something, I wouldn't care the slightest but if it was a friend I would be happy for them and ask Allah to increase their happiness and grants them more good.
                  "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                    Alhamdulillah akhi im good

Did somthin happen
                    A few things have happened brother which have caused me difficulty recently, but I'm still being relaxed about it. Alhumdulilah for everything.

Comment

I don't mind listening travel stories if they're interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                        I don't mind listening travel stories if they're interesting.
                        Exactly. Real life travel stories are fascinating - but not tourist stories.

Comment

ba dum tss

Comment

و عليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

Preach brudda, preach

You need to preach it bro! Testifyyyyy (Bart Simpson style).

I agree with the OP. Stop showing off and stop boasting all the time. Yeah, you're having such a good time on holiday you feel the need to gloat? What's worse is those Muslims (May Allah forgive me for mentioning it) who go on hajj or Umrah and then start taking pictures and posting it all over Google and Yahoo :( it's so bad.

No need to reveal your good deeds to the world.

Comment

blah blah blah blah....
                              I see. This makes a lot more sense. Your OP gave another tone as a result I felt those vibes.Thanks for clarifying your intentions! :suspicion::pride:
                              Forge ahead!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X