Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Reminder about Password Sharing

:salams

Please see this announcement thread relating to the issue of password sharing, computer sharing and alternative IDs.

In particular, I need to address the issue of password sharing and brothers and sisters sharing passwords. This shouldn't be happening at all. Your Ummah Forum account is yours only, not for other people. And we'd like to say, we trust you guys enough to not compromise that or give us cause for concern.

What makes me sad personally, is that users don't really see an issue with it, it's like an 'oh okay, I didn't know' attitude. Everyone is meant to know that password sharing is a huge no no, it's a key rule in internet safety and security!

Users may have access to the more private areas of the forum, and if a brother was given the password of a sister, who is in the sisters section, for example, that could cause huge implications and a potential privacy breach, not only for the sister but others in that section.

The moderating team's first aim is to ensure the safeguarding and security of all users, at all times. And we can't really do that when users allow others on to their accounts.

If you are found to be doing this, you will be given an opportunity to explain and a joint decision will be made. Honestly, the more co-operative you are, the quicker a resolution will be made. The less co-operative you are, the more concerned we will be, believe me. However, you will unfortunately find that you won't be allowed into the more private forums and if you did have access, it'll be revoked.

Finally, please do read the thread linked, especially if you are a student or have family members/friends that do share your pc/mobile device and also have an Ummah Forum account too.
    ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
    U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Re: Important Reminder about Password Sharing

Salaam sis

Some of those banned had no idea about the set of rules applied on this forum. They are still new and now understand... Can a ban be lifted on this basis?
    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
    Guide me on your path to your janna,
    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Re: Important Reminder about Password Sharing

:salams
      :jkk:
      Forge ahead!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X