Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who vs whom.

What's the difference?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Re: Who vs whom.

The difference between those who know grammar, and those who don't.
    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by -qed- View Post
      The difference between those who know grammar, and those who don't.
      Do you know grammar?
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

http://web.ku.edu/~edit/whom.html

this may help.

Comment

Who is when the person is the subject, whom when they are the object.

Example: Who shall I give my form to?
          Example: To WHOM shall I hand in my form?

Now rep me Paki. Paki I love you. Rep me.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
            Do you know grammar?
            Intrinsically, yes.
            Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
              Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
              Who is when the person is the subject, whom when they are the object.

Example: Who shall I give my form to?
              Example: To WHOM shall I hand in my form?

Now rep me Paki. Paki I love you. Rep me.
              Thanks. I learned nothing new.

The purpose was the two recent threads we have had.

Also Paki, the first example is wrong. It should be 'WHOM shall I give my form to".

The subject in the first sentence is I.

I will still rep you for trying though.

Comment

Intrinsically, yes.
                I'll take that as a no.

Comment

Also Paki, the first example is wrong. It should be 'WHOM shall I give my form to".

No, the first sentence is correct. The subject of the matter is the person. We are asking WHO is the person the form goes to. Hence, it's who.

Comment

his examples are right. it is "to whom"

Comment

I'll take that as a no.
                      Nah you're wrong. You needed to learn grammar- I was born with it.
                      [MENTION=101256]srahman33[/MENTION] you are wrong. They are both whom.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
                        his examples are right. it is "to whom"
                        Nope. His examples are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
                          No, the first sentence is correct. The subject of the matter is the person. We are asking WHO is the person the form goes to. Hence, it's who.
                          No Paki, you're wrong. The subject is I. The incorrectly put 'who' is the object of the preposition 'to'.

And since it's followed by a preposition, it automatically becomes whom.

Rep me Paki.

Comment

Nah you're wrong. You needed to learn grammar- I was born with it.
                            @srahman33 you are wrong. They are both whom.
                            You can't not learn Grammar. You just learned it during childhood, doesn't mean you didn't.

And I never learned grammar in the sense you mean.

Comment

Is not permitted of end at to on sentence my teacher said. To whom I give this my form is correct?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X