Does it make u a bad person...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it make u a bad person...

If you stand up for yourself but do so aggressively because of over-reaction and vigilance?
    We know that its a sign of hypocrisy to argue badly, and people in their short-sightedness might see it as hypocrisy on your side, but what if you overreact because of people's general behavior towards you.

Also i don't think because someone is loud and angry that they are arguing badly. There are some poisonous people who aren't loud but very demeaning and rude when they talk to people.
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: Does it make u a bad person...

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    If you stand up for yourself but do so aggressively because of over-reaction and vigilance?
    We know that its a sign of hypocrisy to argue badly, and people in their short-sightedness might see it as hypocrisy on your side, but what if you overreact because of people's general behavior towards you.

Also i don't think because someone is loud and angry that they are arguing badly. There are some poisonous people who aren't loud but very demeaning and rude when they talk to people.
    Some narcissists when get short of solid points starts attacking on negative aspects thats where you are supposed to dfferentiate them from your over reaction...Keep in mind many over react out of diseases or their co ditions in lives too...some have this sensitive issues where you poke them and get startled responses :/
    ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

I think patience and gentleness is better, but I don't think it makes you a bad person. Especially if the person you're defending yourself against constantly disrespects you.
      Narrated Anas:
      The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Different methods for different people.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

i suggest you do not argue at all; especially loudly for with your 'condition' you could easily misunderstand and argue against an innocent person :(

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X