I'm terribly afraid of the dentist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm terribly afraid of the dentist

I need to find a dentist because it has been veerrrrrryy long since I've last seen one. And since I have my own health insurance I have to find my own, which whoever I do find will probably suck because the people who do accept my medical plan are usually awful. My mom likes her dentist, and she's like me she's scared of going, but I doubt he accepts my medical plan :(. She's gonna ask for me today, but I very much doubt it'll work.

I just don't like the idea of sitting in a chair, with my mouth open and someone digging around in there. I'm very gaggy lately, I can't even brush my teeth without gagging. Talking about gagging makes me gag too. I haven't gotten my wisdom teeth removed yet either so I know they'll probably want to do that as well goodness no. I'm gonna die when I go I know I will, I'll have a panic attack and choke to death.

:

I'm terribly afraid of the dentist

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Be a man and do it!
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Re: I'm terribly afraid of the dentist

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
      السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Be a man and do it!
      :sorrow:

Comment

Take someone with you to calm you down....
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
          Take someone with you to calm you down....
          I have my mom come with me to everything..doctor's appointments...whatever else I need. So she'll come with me to my dentist, but I don't calm down. Ever.

Comment

:salams

Regular checkups aren't that bad and don't last that long. The most they're gonna do is knock a tiny mirror along your teeth, But you said you don't like that so I don't know what to say other than it won't last long lol.

As for the tooth extractions.... I've had a few and they went fine. They'll give you an anaesthetic and then take your tooth out. Tbh I found the anaesthetic jag more painful than the actual extraction itself :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by ~Umar~ View Post
              :salams

Regular checkups aren't that bad and don't last that long. The most they're gonna do is knock a tiny mirror along your teeth, But you said you don't like that so I don't know what to say other than it won't last long lol.

As for the tooth extractions.... I've had a few and they went fine. They'll give you an anaesthetic and then take your tooth out. Tbh I found the anaesthetic jag more painful than the actual extraction itself :rotfl:
              I guess the first part doesn't sound too bad. But I think I may have a cavity, so what will they do? I dunno if they'll use their scary tools on it

Really..why was it more painful? That's scary lol

Comment

Have you always had this problem? They sometimes give medication to calm patients who suffer from such anxiety.

Comment

try zocdoc ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
                    Have you always had this problem? They sometimes give medication to calm patients who suffer from such anxiety.
                    It has been really long since I've been, but I wasn't as nervous back then. Now since I haven't gone in awhile my anxiety about it has been building up and getting worse

But I didn't know about the medication they give to calm patients down, that would come in handy. I'll just express how nervous I am and maybe they can do something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                      try zocdoc ?
                      Oooh that's a neat website. I looked for my health insurance provider and it wasn't even listed though :(

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                        I guess the first part doesn't sound too bad. But I think I may have a cavity, so what will they do? I dunno if they'll use their scary tools on it

A cavity is the easist, pain free procedure...nothing to woerry about...
                        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

They'll give you a filling then. Don't know what you call it in the US, But that's fine as well. They'll be some noise, But nothing to worry about. It's not painful in anyway (Getting the filling).

I don't know why. I couldn't feel much when they were performing the actual extraction cause of the anaesthetic, So that's fine. Besides the injection only lasted a few seconds.

Comment

It has been really long since I've been, but I wasn't as nervous back then. Now since I haven't gone in awhile my anxiety about it has been building up and getting worse

But I didn't know about the medication they give to calm patients down, that would come in handy. I'll just express how nervous I am and maybe they can do something like that.
                            Insh'Allah you find a good dentist. Maybe book for an initial consultation, just a check up, no drills or pliers :o and tell them about your nerves. You might find just getting used to the chair/place is enough to calm your anxiety. Yeah they can give like one tablet you take about 30 mins before your appointment. But they'd have to be convinced you suffer from the anxiety which would prevent you being able to have treatment you need. This is in UK anyway.

Comment

:sorrow:
                              So, have you ever been to a dentist before?

I ask because you still have this anxiety.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X