Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it haram to sleep on your stomach

Originally posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    Satanic mentality? Great way to speak for someone who thinks he has superior knowledge and insight into things? What happened to your impeccable manners?

I mentioned your wife because you yourself posted about how you can't control her and she makes you look weak in front of your family. That's why you're on here taking out your insecurity problems on sisters here.

Again get lost.
    If the brother has a legitimate family issue that he sought help from his ummah forum brothers and sisters for, you shouldn't shame him about it in a different thread sister, especially when his wife has absolutely nothing to do with OP's thread or his response to it.
    وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
    They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Originally posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post
      If the brother has a legitimate family issue that he sought help from his ummah forum brothers and sisters for, you shouldn't shame him about it in a different thread sister, especially when his wife has absolutely nothing to do with OP's thread or his response to it.
      Brother, don't start it again. This ninja invisible fight! [MENTION=132744]A.Basheer[/MENTION]
      Nasheeds By Al-Munshid Muhammad Al-Wahaj

Comment

Imam Bukhari r.a. for example weakened these hadiths, thought i'd mention.
        "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          Imam Bukhari r.a. for example weakened these hadiths, thought i'd mention.
          Than that makes me feel a bit better
          Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
            But that sleeping position hurts and puts pressure on the arm.
            How are you doing it?
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
              How are you doing it?
              Sleeping on my side with my arm under my side so all the pressure is on my arm
              Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Sleeping on my side with my arm under my side so all the pressure is on my arm
                Stick your arm out and put your hand under your cheek.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaitoonah View Post
                  I heard it's not allowed for men - because the shaytaan will start to have their way with them.

For women, they are not allowed to sleep on their backs, from what I've heard.

How do you sleep on your stomach sis, I thought you were pregnant?
                  Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                  Wait what now? They have their way with us? Are you saying that we're getting raped by shaitaan if we lie down on our stomach?
                  Lool
                  O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

I can only sleep on my stomach if I'm sick and out of it. Other wise it's just uncomfortable. How do you breathe when your face is buried into the pillow? And if you turn your head to the side and your body is facing down --- why? why are you contorting your body? Y'all must look like pretzels when you sleep.
                    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
                    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                      Lool
                      Those were the comments I laughed most!

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                        Stick your arm out and put your hand under your cheek.
                        [MENTION=97683]Allah's_Servant[/MENTION] I vouch for it because it is what's known a Sunnah to me.

Comment

You are a strong young woman

Stop complaining
                          How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
                            I can only sleep on my stomach if I'm sick and out of it. Other wise it's just uncomfortable. How do you breathe when your face is buried into the pillow? And if you turn your head to the side and your body is facing down --- why? why are you contorting your body? Y'all must look like pretzels when you sleep.
                            Lol face isn't buried into a pillow I'm not trying to suffocate myself we sleep on our stomachs with our heads turned. We are pretzels lol

Comment

Get a body pillow. Experiment with the pillow and other pillows you have to see what positions are best for you (although your only options are side or stomach).

If you must sleep on your stomach, you should get a donut-shaped piillow to support your stomach and lift you up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles View Post
                                It's not that hard to figure out what she means.

When you lay on your stomach, you get an erection thereby causing you to become aroused which leads to nasty habits (eg: masterbation etc). This is how shaitaan gets in your head.
                                What the hell? Bro u need to get married as soon as possible if bed sheets start to arouse you!

Right! I know it's Sunnah to sleep on the right side but my arm hurts when I try to do that.
                                The prophet :saw: didn't sleep much maybe thats why it didnt hurt him. If i sleep on my side my arm get numb.

Sleeping on your stomach causes back pain. I experience lower back pain if I sleep all night on my stomach. I admit it tho, it's comfortable as hell.
                                Knower of human deficiency

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X