Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it haram to sleep on your stomach

:salams:

Is it true that it's haram to sleep on your stomach because that's the way people in Jahannam sleep????

Say it isn't so :frown-new:
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Re: Is it haram to sleep on your stomach

I heard it's not allowed for men - because the shaytaan will start to have their way with them.

For women, they are not allowed to sleep on their backs, from what I've heard.

How do you sleep on your stomach sis, I thought you were pregnant?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaitoonah View Post
      I heard it's not allowed for men - because the shaytaan will start to have their way with them.

I am but I can still sleep on my stomach since my stomach isn't that big for me that I can't sleep on my stomach. I was suprised when everyone told me that I would stop sleeping on my stomach on my own when I got to the 8th month mark (It is uncomfortable sometimes)

Why are we not allowed to sleep on our backs and Shatian is gay!?!
      Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
        :salams:

Is it true that it's haram to sleep on your stomach because that's the way people in Jahannam sleep????

Say it isn't so :frown-new:
        http://fatwa.islamweb.net/fatwa/inde...atwaId&Id=5439

There is a difference of opinion. Islamweb says makrooh.

Comment

Wait what now? They have their way with us? Are you saying that we're getting raped by shaitaan if we lie down on our stomach?

Comment

Please don't quote information without evidence. Whatever we know about the Jinn, it has been reported in the texts and from trustworthy scholars with experience. As for what you said, you need to quote something.

They are not allowed to sleep on their backs????

The ruling applies for both men and women. https://islamqa.info/en/827

Comment

Why is it forbidden to sleep on ones belly? Is it forbidden for both men and women?

Praise be to Allaah.

The reason for this is that it was forbidden by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who left no good thing but he told us about it and left no evil thing but he warned us against it. Ya’eesh ibn Tihfah al-Ghifaari reported that his father said: “I stayed as a guest with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with those of the poor whom he hosted. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out in the night to check up on his guests, and saw me lying on my stomach. He prodded me with his foot and said, ‘Do not lie in this manner, for it is a way of lying that Allaah hates.’” According to another report, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prodded him with his foot and woke him up, and said, “Do not lie like this, for this is how the people of Hell lie.” (Reported by Ahmad, al-Fath al-Rabbaani, 14/244-245; by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2798, Shaakir edn.; and by Abu Dawood, al-Sunan, Kitaab al-Adab, no. 5040, al-Da’aas edn. Also reported in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2270-2271)

This is a general prohibition that applies to both males and females, because the basic principle is that rulings apply to both sexes, except in cases where it is indicated that there is a differentiation between the two. And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/827

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                Please don't quote information without evidence. Whatever we know about the Jinn, it has been reported in the texts and from trustworthy scholars with experience. As for what you said, you need to quote something.

They are not allowed to sleep on their backs????

The ruling applies for both men and women. https://islamqa.info/en/827

Don't quote me full stop.

Comment

I am denouncing evil and munkar here.

You need to stop talking about religious matters. Stick to your feminist da'wah.

Comment

Abd Allah ibn ‘Amr said, “Rasulullah (SAW) was never obscene or coarse. Rather, he used to tell us that the best among us were those with the best manners.”

(Al-Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal-Parwana View Post
                      Why is it forbidden to sleep on ones belly? Is it forbidden for both men and women?

Praise be to Allaah.

The reason for this is that it was forbidden by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who left no good thing but he told us about it and left no evil thing but he warned us against it. Ya’eesh ibn Tihfah al-Ghifaari reported that his father said: “I stayed as a guest with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with those of the poor whom he hosted. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out in the night to check up on his guests, and saw me lying on my stomach. He prodded me with his foot and said, ‘Do not lie in this manner, for it is a way of lying that Allaah hates.’” According to another report, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prodded him with his foot and woke him up, and said, “Do not lie like this, for this is how the people of Hell lie.” (Reported by Ahmad, al-Fath al-Rabbaani, 14/244-245; by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2798, Shaakir edn.; and by Abu Dawood, al-Sunan, Kitaab al-Adab, no. 5040, al-Da’aas edn. Also reported in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2270-2271)

This is a general prohibition that applies to both males and females, because the basic principle is that rulings apply to both sexes, except in cases where it is indicated that there is a differentiation between the two. And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/827
                      :( great

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
                        I am but I can still sleep on my stomach since my stomach isn't that big for me that I can't sleep on my stomach. I was suprised when everyone told me that I would stop sleeping on my stomach on my own when I got to the 8th month mark (It is uncomfortable sometimes)

Why are we not allowed to sleep on our backs and Shatian is gay!?!
                        If it's uncomfortable, best to avoid it.

That's what I've heard people say, not sure about shaytaan being gay. It's probably one of those myths.

Originally posted by Ibzy View Post
                        Wait what now? They have their way with us? Are you saying that we're getting raped by shaitaan if we lie down on our stomach?

Lol, like I said it's probably one of those myths that gets passed around. Not saying it's from Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                          I am denouncing evil and munkar here.

You need to stop talking about religious matters. Stick to your feminist da'wah.
                          You need to focus on controlling your own wife, instead of lecturing sisters here,

Now get lost.

Comment

Someone has already given the hadith. It is sunnah however to sleep on your right side.

Comment

You need to focus on controlling your own wife, instead of lecturing sisters here,

Now get lost.
                              Read the following hadith:

Abd Allah ibn ‘Amr said, “Rasulullah (SAW) was never obscene or coarse. Rather, he used to tell us that the best among us were those with the best manners.”

(Al-Bukhari)

Fear Allah and don't be rude to my brother!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X