Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salam! Please answer. Is getting a fade/taper a haram haircut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salam! Please answer. Is getting a fade/taper a haram haircut?

I'm confused on this. With some research I found out that some say that the hair must be the same length evenly everywhere. Another group says it is okay to be different length as long as some parts aren't completely shaved off (i.e. bald - like Mr. T)

Is this correct? Which opinion to follow? I want to do either a fade or taper but want to know the ruling of it. Please advise.

Taper/fade is when the sides/edges/back of your hair is cut shorter than the rest of your hair. Not completely bald but just less hair.

Re: Salam! Please answer. Is getting a fade/taper a haram haircut?

Originally posted by Ibraheem95 View Post
    I'm confused on this. With some research I found out that some say that the hair must be the same length evenly everywhere. Another group says it is okay to be different length as long as some parts aren't completely shaved off (i.e. bald - like Mr.

Is this correct? Which opinion to follow? I want to do either a fade or taper but want to know the ruling of it. Please advise.

Taper/fade is when the sides/edges/back of your hair is cut shorter than the rest of your hair. Not completely bald but just less hair.
    The forbidden hair cut that is mentioned in the hadeeth is called al Qaza' which is cutting your hair uneven like that of the fire worshippers. Scholars differed on the interpretation of the hadeeth and the meaning of al Qaza' but majority say that it's basically cutting a part of the hair and leaving the other part without any elaborations. Others say al Qaza' is only attributed to the one who shaves a part of his head and leaves ha on the other part like a military cut.

The stronger view is the former which is also the view propagated by Islamqa.

Link: https://islamqa.info/en/110209

Comment

Re: Salam! Please answer. Is getting a fade/taper a haram haircut?

is this qaza? http://www.mens-hairstyle.com/wp-con...aved-Sides.jpg
      I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X