What to do when you're angry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What to do when you're angry?

'swallow your anger' as Allah commands us. Don't let the frustration manifest in your words, actions and gesture

Comment

sleep

Comment

W.Salam

Usually leave and then when I sit down alone I stare at something thinking about all the cool stuff I could've said and all the sick karate moves I could have used.
        Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by ashmeo View Post
          :salams:

Tried drinking water, making wudhu, sitting down, focusing on other things. I'm not hungry. Helped a little but it's still there.
          I'm so annoyed right now. Can't even pray, no concentration.
          Sometimes if all else fails - I bang the door shut. (Not a nice approach)

Maybe if/when you get angry you could try to name all the Prophets (peace be upon them all) starting from Adam (a.s).?

Comment

Seeking refuge with the Almighty can help with anger issues.

The Prophet (saw) said, "I know a word, the saying of which will cause him to relax, if he does say it. If he says: 'I seek Refuge with Allah from Satan' then all his anger will go away." [Al-Bukhari; Vol. 4, No. 502]
            anger dua

Comment

Comment

Roll down a sand dune:topsy_turvy:

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

[MENTION=134006]ashmeo[/MENTION]
                  :wswrwb:

When I am angry I follow the advice from the ahadith of the holy prophet :saw:

1.) Seeking refuge from shaytan

Anger is caused by the shyatan so when I am angry I recite a'uzu billahi minashaitanir rajim and it usually dissipates and I cool down alhamdullilah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If a man gets angry and says, ‘I seek refuge with Allaah,’ his anger will go away." (Saheeh al-Jaami’ al-Sagheer, no. 695)

2.) Keeping silent

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If any of you becomes angry, let him keep silent." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, al-Musnad, 1/329; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 693, 4027).

3.) Remembering the high status of a person who can control his anger

The person who can control his anger is truly a blessed one and has a high status in Allah's eyes which is immense motivation for me to control my anger and be among those who are beloved to Allah

These are the ones whose good character and beautiful attributes and deeds Allaah has mentioned, and whom people admire and want to emulate. One of their characteristics is that (interpretation of the meaning) ". . . when they are angry, they forgive." [al-Shooraa 42:47]

It obviously takes strength to control your anger so the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The strongest man is the one who, when he gets angry and his face reddens and his hackles rise, is able to defeat his anger." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 5/367, and classified as hasan in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3859)

https://islamqa.info/en/658
                  Last edited by hasan2013; 14-07-16, 02:01 AM.

Comment

It depends if my anger is justified or not. If my anger is wrong, then I try to humble myself which works.

If my anger is justified, then well, I just let myself be angry. But I am a very hard person to make angry in real life I suppose, don't remember the last time I was angry at someone.

Comment

I'm one of those people who just cry when they're angry. It's a very annoying reaction. Can't help it though, my face gets really hot and I can already feel my eyes well up.

But if there is a way to solve the problem that usually removes the anger. If I can't solve the problem I just hang out with my family and friends until I've calmed down. Praying alleviates some of the ill-feeling. If I still don't feel better, I go to sleep.
                      And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
                      http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X