How to lead a jumu'ah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to lead a jumu'ah

Hi everyone. I have been asked to lead a jumuah prayer. I know what I want to say in the khutbah but I need to know things like when to call adhaan, what arabic to say before and after and any other rulings etc to know how to conduct the ritual element of the jumah. If anyone has any resources or advice it would be much appreciated. jazak allahu khair
    Show your disgust at Anjem Choudary speaking in your name:
    ]
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishMusl...tAnjemChoudary

Re: How to lead a jumu'ah

Originally posted by Abu Fatimah View Post
    Hi everyone. I have been asked to lead a jumuah prayer. I know what I want to say in the khutbah but I need to know things like when to call adhaan, what arabic to say before and after and any other rulings etc to know how to conduct the ritual element of the jumah. If anyone has any resources or advice it would be much appreciated. jazak allahu khair
    :salams:

I've never done it before nor am I fit to lead one.

But I have Jummah sermons with all the arabic etc, maybe it'll help you. From what I've observed, Adhaan is called when it's Dhuhr time, then after all the sunnah is prayed i think they say the Adhaan again before Khutbaah starts. After khutbaah they say Ikaamah before prayer. If I'm wrong please correct me.

See here for sermons

http://www.officeofthemufti.sg/khutbah.html

Comment

Originally posted by ashmeo View Post
      :salams:

I've never done it before nor am I fit to lead one.

But I have Jummah sermons with all the arabic etc, maybe it'll help you. From what I've observed, Adhaan is called when it's Dhuhr time, then after all the sunnah is prayed i think they say the Adhaan again before Khutbaah starts. After khutbaah they say Ikaamah before prayer. If I'm wrong please correct me.

See here for sermons

http://www.officeofthemufti.sg/khutbah.html
      There are no sunnahs before Jumu'ah.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
        There are no sunnahs before Jumu'ah.
        Almost everyone where I live is praying atleast 2 units in the time between the adhan and the khutbah

Comment

Originally posted by Mutant View Post
          Almost everyone where I live is praying atleast 2 units in the time between the adhan and the khutbah
          That is valid. But I was talking about specific sunnahs. Anyway when you enter the mosque you're supposed to pray anyway as much as you want and 2 by 2, but those are general nawafil, unlike the 4 specific fabricated sunnahs (which are also 4 in one go) before Jum'uah.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

That is valid. But I was talking about specific sunnahs. Anyway when you enter the mosque you're supposed to pray anyway as much as you want and 2 by 2, but those are general nawafil, unlike the 4 specific fabricated sunnahs (which are also 4 in one go) before Jum'uah.
            Huh i pray 4 before the farz aswell coz that's how I was taught. Where's the proof it's fabticated?
            [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
            [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
              Huh i pray 4 before the farz aswell coz that's how I was taught. Where's the proof it's fabticated?
              You mean where's the proof that they exist, the burden is on you son not me, since you are the one who prays them. And yes you learned from Hanafis probably and they promote these units. The fact that there is no evidence is my proof.

Comment

You mean where's the proof that they exist, the burden is on you son not me, since you are the one who prays them. And yes you learned from Hanafis probably and they promote these units. The fact that there is no evidence is my proof.
                Oo u said fabricated sunnah...

Assalamu alaikum
                Prayer (Salaat)
                Title
                The four rakaats of sunnah prayed before the khutba, what is its authenticity, it's evidence?!

Question
                Regards to sunnah of Jummah! The four rakaats of sunnah prayed before the khutba, what is its authenticity, it's evidence?! In the prophet's time there was only one azaan, did the sermon start immediately after the azaan, or did Prophet (SAL) pray four rakaats and then gave the Khutbah? How did these rakaats be pronounced as sunnah muakkadah? Please give a detailed explanation with evidence and reference!

Answer
                In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

The issue of four rakaats salaah before the jummah salaat is well substantiated and proven from the books of Hadith. Many Muhaditheen such as Ibn Abi Shayba, Abdur Razzaaq (rahimahumaallah) etc have set aside chapters in their Hadith books to discuss this issue.

It is sunnat to perform four rakaats of salaah before the jummah salaat. Consider the following Ahadith:

كان يصلي قبل الجمعة أربعا وبعدها أربعا

“Ali (radiyallaahu anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to perform four rakaats salaah before the jummah salaah and after the jummah salaah” (I’laaus Al-Sunan, vol 7, pg 13, Idaratul Al-Quran)

The chain of narrators in the above narration is good. (Tarhut Al-Tathreeb, vol 3, pg 36, Ilmiyya)

كان رسول الله يركع قبل الجمعة أربعا وبعدها أربعا

“Ibn Abbas (radiyallaahu anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to perform four rakaats of salaah before and after the jummah salaah” (I’laaus Al-Sunan, vol 7, pg 13, Idaratul Al-Quran)

The above hadith with the chain of narrators that appear in Tabrani is good. (I’laaus Al-Sunan, vol 7, pg 13, Idaratul Al-Quran)

عن أبي عبد الرحمن السلمي قال : كان عبد الله يأمرنا أن نصلي قبل الجمعة أربعا ، وبعدها أربعا

Abu Abdir Rahman Al-Sulami reports: “Abdullah (bin Mas’ood) used to command us to perform four rakaats salaah before jummah and after the jummah salaah” (Musannaf Abdir Al-Razaaq, vol 3, pg 247, Idaratul Quran)

The chain of narrators in the above Hadith is authentic. (Athaar Al-Sunan, pg 303, Imdaadiyya)

عن عبد الله قال كان يصلي قبل الجمعة أربعا

“Abdullah (bin Mas’ood) reports that Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to perform four rakaats before the jummah salaah” (Musannaf Ibn Abi Shayba, vol 4, pg 114, Al-Majlis al-Ilmi)

عن صافية ، قالت : رأيت صفية بنت حيي رضي الله عنها ، صلت أربع ركعات قبل خروج الإمام للجمعة ، ثم صلت الجمعة مع الإمام ركعتين .

Saafiyah (radiyallaahu anha) reports: “I saw Safiyyah Binti Huyay (radiyallaahu anha) performing four rakaats of salaah before the Imaam came out for jummah, then she performed two rakaats of jummah salaat with the Imaam” (Nasbur Al-Raayah, vol 2, pg 207, Makkiyya)

عن إبراهيم قال كانوا يصلون قبلها أربعا.

“Ibrahim (Al-Nakh’ee) reports that the Sahaba used to perform four rakaats of salaah before the jummah salaah” (Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, vol 4, pg 114, Al-Majlis al-Ilmi)

7. Abdullah Bin Mas’ood used to command the people to perform four rakaats of salaah before the jummah salaah as understood from the above Ahadith. This is an indication that Abdullah Bin Mas’ood used to consider these four rakaats as Sunnat Muakkadah. In fact the Muhaditheen classify the Athar of Ibn Mas’ood as “Marfoo’ Hukman”. (I’laaus Al-Sunan, vol 7, pg 12, Idaratul Quran)

And Allah knows best

Wassalam

Ml. Talha Desai,
                Student Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved by:

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
                Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...b12f714b1cc5ef
                [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Askimam strikes agains with their ta'assub and weak ahadeeth. What do you expect from a halala promoting site?

كان يصلي قبل الجمعة أربعا وبعدها أربعا

The chain of narrators in the above narration is good. (Tarhut Al-Tathreeb, vol 3, pg 36, Ilmiyya)

2 major weakness in this narration. First Abu Ishaq is a mudallis narrating with 'an, which already destroys this narration. To top it it contains Muhammad bin Abdur Rahmaan as Suhmi who has been labelled weak by Ibn Ma'een. Ibn Hajar weakened this narration.

كان رسول الله يركع قبل الجمعة أربعا وبعدها أربعا

Do not be fooled by the book 'I'laus Sunnah' calling chains of narrations good. Ibn Hajar weakened this in Fathul Bari 2/494.

عن أبي عبد الرحمن السلمي قال : كان عبد الله يأمرنا أن نصلي قبل الجمعة أربعا ، وبعدها أربعا

The chain of narrators in the above Hadith is authentic. (Athaar Al-Sunan, pg 303, Imdaadiyya)

mudallis narrated with 'an is not hujjah with the agreement of scholars

This narration is disconnected thus weak. Abu Ubaydah bin Abdullah did not hear from his father Ibn Masood. A munqati' narration being presented as evidence. Masha Allah.

Imaam Shu'bah narrated from Amr bin Murrah who said: "I asked Abu Ubaydah bin Abdullah whether you heard anything from Abdullah?" He replied: "No" [Tabaqaat Ibn Sa'd: 6/210 etc]

Imaam Tirmidhi said: "His (real) name is not known, and neither did he hear anything from his Father (Abdullah bin Mas'ood)" [al-Jaami: 1/28]

Someone asked Imaam Yahya ibn Ma'een: Did Abu Ubaydah hear anything from his Father?, he said: They (Salaf) said: No... [Sawala Ibn al-Junayd: 53]

2. This is also weak because Khusayf is Sa'ee ul-Hifdh (weak memory) and Mukhtalat (one whose memory deteriorated at the later part of his age)
                  Imaam Nasaa'ee said: "He (Khusayf) is not Strong" [Kitaab ad-Du'afa: 177]

Imaam Abu Haatim said: "He is criticized for his weak memory" [Al-Jarh: 1848]

عن إبراهيم قال كانوا يصلون قبلها أربعا.

2 things. First Sulemaan al-A'mash is a mudallis and is narrating it with 'an, and as I quoted Nawawi on the top, such a narration is not hujjah. This the narration is weak weak anyway, no further jarh is needed. Second Ibraheem an Nakh'i only saw a few sahaba but did not narrate from any of them.
                  (See Tabaqaat al-Mudalliseen - of Ibn Hajar 2/55)

عن صافية ، قالت : رأيت صفية بنت حيي رضي الله عنها ، صلت أربع ركعات قبل خروج الإمام للجمعة ، ثم صلت الجمعة مع الإمام ركعتين .

This is the only narration which can be said to be authentic, but:

It's not marfoo', i.e not a narration of Rasoolallah :saw:.
                  There is nothing in here which suggests that it's sunnah to pray 4 units before Jumuah specifically. As I said previously and I'll quote here again, Rasoolallah :saw: said

(Muslim)

So a person can pray 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 etc, but that doesn't mean the number he has prayed has now become sunnah. I have also prayed 4 units many times before Jumuah, but those are general nawafil as per this hadeeth, not specific sunnah. This is high class twisting to prove one's madhhab.

This is not a narration, this is the writer's personal false conclusions from the above weak narrations.

Finally, this rigorously authentic narration (Muslim) itself completely destroys any concept of 'sunnah' before the Friday prayer:

(Muslim)

If there were 4 specific units before Jumu'ah then Rasoolallah :saw: would have mentioned those here and say "whoever bathes then comes to jumu'ah let him pray 4 units".

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                    Oo u said fabricated sunnah...
                    I wouldn't trust those who say halala is a command of Allah when it comes to what is sunnah and what isn't. But then again, that's just I.

Comment

I wouldn't trust those who say halala is a command of Allah when it comes to what is sunnah and what isn't. But then again, that's just I.
                      Ok :jkk: makes sense ill probably avoid the 4 rakats then

Comment

any advice on the jumu'ah ting lol?
                        Show your disgust at Anjem Choudary speaking in your name:
                        ]
                        https://www.facebook.com/BritishMusl...tAnjemChoudary

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Fatimah View Post
                          any advice on the jumu'ah ting lol?
                          See

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ah-15-Jul-2016

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X