Re: How do you feel?

I havent done enough i hope I dont go jahannam

Leave a comment:

• Figs
    replied

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
    السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

How do you feel about your future in this dunyah?

Are you scared? Anxious? Excited? Don't know what to expect?

SubhanAllah, the way we lived in this dunyah will determine where we will go in the akhirah and that's such a scary thought seeing as we don't know when the angel of death will take our soul.

Jazakallah khayran
    At a crossroads. Like being unsure and knowing nothing about everything and knowing everything about nothing. :(

But I hope I will be okay. As for the akhirah I have hope in Allah's mercy and hope to attain fear of His punishment.

Leave a comment:

• Aaliyah_h
    replied

Nothing. I want to go but I know that there is no way I am prepared for the grave let alone where ever I end up in the Akhirah. Dunya wise, I wanna leave already. There's nothing here holding me back were it not for the uncertainty of where I'll end up in Akhirah. But we need as much time as we can get here to collect as many good deeds as we can. So fearful and anxious for the Akhirah, definitely.

Leave a comment:

• ninety1daisies
    replied

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
    So when the Prophet :saw: was saddened by the death of his uncle, was he ungrateful to Allah?

People are going to be sad in life, this is the whole point of life. It is impossible to be a happy hippy Muslim all your life.
    No he :saw: was never ungrateful.

Yeah you're right. That makes sense. We are only human. I guess we just can't let that sadness overtake us and cause us to turn away from Allah.

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
    yeah they do acknowledge that they are blessed with so much in general, which points to being grateful but if they still get sad from time to time about one other particular thing they are dealing with their entire life, are they truly grateful? I would think to be truly grateful you have to be accepting and content with EVERYTHING in your own life.
    So when the Prophet :saw: was saddened by the death of his uncle, was he ungrateful to Allah?

People are going to be sad in life, this is the whole point of life. It is impossible to be a happy hippy Muslim all your life.

Leave a comment:

• ninety1daisies
    replied

... And yet, if they acknowledged that Allah has blessed them with so much, and that they are Muslim, then does that still make them ungrateful? I do not think so.
    Sadness is just an emotion, and that is it. Ingratitude is more of a state of mind.
    yeah they do acknowledge that they are blessed with so much in general, which points to being grateful but if they still get sad from time to time about one other particular thing they are dealing with their entire life, are they truly grateful? I would think to be truly grateful you have to be accepting and content with EVERYTHING in your own life.

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied

for example if someone has been dealing with certain personal circumstances that are not under their control their whole life, and this makes them sad and depressed from time to time. If they were truly grateful to Allah that such circumstances are not something much worse, they wouldn't feel sad about them would they, if they were truly grateful?
    ... And yet, if they acknowledged that Allah has blessed them with so much, and that they are Muslim, then does that still make them ungrateful? I do not think so.
    Sadness is just an emotion, and that is it. Ingratitude is more of a state of mind.

Leave a comment:

• Ahmad..
    replied

we should feel as a muslim should, which is, scared we might end up in hell :( and full of hope we will go to jannah

Leave a comment:

• ninety1daisies
    replied

No, sadness and ingratitude are not the same thing. For example, when you see so much suffering in Muslim countries, does it not make you sad? But it is not Allah who has caused your upset.
    Ingratitude is not being satisfied with what Allah has given you and that does not have to be expressed in the form of sadness, it can be anger or jealousy or something else. We are humans, of course we will be saddened by things.
    for example if someone has been dealing with certain personal circumstances that are not under their control their whole life, and this makes them sad and depressed from time to time. If they were truly grateful to Allah that such circumstances are not something much worse, they wouldn't feel sad about them would they, if they were truly grateful?

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied

but when you really think about it, how can you be sad and grateful to Allah at the same time about something? so it's like, you're not truly grateful..
    No, sadness and ingratitude are not the same thing. For example, when you see so much suffering in Muslim countries, does it not make you sad? But it is not Allah who has caused your upset.
    Ingratitude is not being satisfied with what Allah has given you and that does not have to be expressed in the form of sadness, it can be anger or jealousy or something else. We are humans, of course we will be saddened by things.

Leave a comment:

• ninety1daisies
    replied

I don't know but I don't think so. There is nothing wrong in being sad so as long as you are not ungrateful to Allah

After learning of the disappearance of Yusuf his father cried so much that he became blind, and yet he was not ungrateful to Allah and relied upon Allah. So what is this whole being sad in this world will mean you will be sad in the next life? There is no misery in Jannah so unless you're in hell, you will not be unhappy.
    but when you really think about it, how can you be sad and grateful to Allah at the same time about something? so it's like, you're not truly grateful..

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied

QUESTION

If we are often sad in this dunya, yet we still get up every day and tackle it and pray and have accepted things for what they are and try our best to be grateful, does it mean we will be sad in akhira too? I heard something about how we felt in this life will be how we will feel in the akhira, something along those lines. It rather scared me and made me really sad and depressed.
    I don't know but I don't think so. There is nothing wrong in being sad so as long as you are not ungrateful to Allah

After learning of the disappearance of Yusuf his father cried so much that he became blind, and yet he was not ungrateful to Allah and relied upon Allah. So what is this whole being sad in this world will mean you will be sad in the next life? There is no misery in Jannah so unless you're in hell, you will not be unhappy.

Leave a comment:

• ninety1daisies
    replied

QUESTION

If we are often sad in this dunya, yet we still get up every day and tackle it and pray and have accepted things for what they are and try our best to be grateful, does it mean we will be sad in akhira too? I heard something about how we felt in this life will be how we will feel in the akhira, something along those lines. It rather scared me and made me really sad and depressed.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X