Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I responsible if people in same house does not care much about impurity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I responsible if people in same house does not care much about impurity?

Es selam aleykum

I know that we are not responsible for things that other people do but just to ask, would I be responsible for carelessness of people in my house who does not care about impurity (najasah)? For example I tell my mama that sometimes she has to be more careful and wash those surfaces or clothes better since they might have impurity etc. but she is like ''Am I not washing clothes enough you think? I care about cleaning more than you!'' but for example she puts clothes with najasah on a floor where there might be wetness etc. So it is like these najasah can transfer to anywhere on that floor when its wet and we do touch these places with wet hands, no doubt. Problem is I can not always run after them and tell them what to do and what not to do, When I warn them they get upset like I said sth bad or like ''Dont worry, It is clean'' but it is not!!!

Also same thing with cleaning toilet, we have western type toilet and I hate it! I told them that this toilet is not really good, the dirty water splash around etc. but they say ''NO'' and I just can not convince them and they think I am too exaggarating. But I am not.

So the thing is I do not wanna have kibr (arrogance) for thinking like this nor I wanna have my prayers rejected because of these najasah that might be around my clothes after all these I mentioned above.

But what can I do? What should be in my mind when living in this same house? Sometimes I just dont wanna care and say ''Ya Allah, you know I try to be careful I can not control others actions that might affect me....'' but sometimes it makes me crazy and angry when I think maybe I would be responsible for this as well.
    Last edited by Eren1; 26-06-16, 02:35 PM.

Re: Am I responsible if people in same house does not care much about impurity?

و عليكم السلام
    Allah swt said :لا يكلف الله نفسا الا وسعها
    means : Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity
    that's the first point , the second thing is:
    حديث ابن عباس - رضي الله عنه - قال : ( مر النبي - صلى الله عليه وسلم - على قبرين فقال إنهما ليعذبان وما يعذبان في كبير أما أحدهما فكان يمشي بالنميمة وأما الآخر فكان لا يستتر من بوله قال : فدعا بعسيب رطب فشقه باثنين ثم غرس على هذا واحدا وعلى هذا واحدا ثم قال : ( لعله أن يخفف عنهما ما لم ييبسا ) وفي الرواية الأخرى : ( كان لا يستنزه عن البول أو من البول ) .
    translation: The Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam ) passed by two graves. He said : Both (the dead) are being punished, but they are not being punished for a major (sin). One did not safeguard himself from urine. The other carried tales. He then called for a fresh twig and split it into two parts and planted one part on each grave and said: Perhaps their punishment may be mitigated as long as the twigs remain fresh.
    Another version of Hannad has: "One of them did not cover himself while urinating." This version does not have the words: "He did not safeguard himself from urine."
    you can let them( your family ) hear this hadith considered in a video or somehow so they could understand the importance of avoiding impurity any way if that doesn't make sense for them you should do your best and Allah is watching , he will help you in unexpected way inshaallah
    peace

Comment

Re: Am I responsible if people in same house does not care much about impurity?

Originally posted by Eren1 View Post
      Es selam aleykum

I know that we are not responsible for things that other people do but just to ask, would I be responsible for carelessness of people in my house who does not care about impurity (najasah)? For example I tell my mama that sometimes she has to be more careful and wash those surfaces or clothes better since they might have impurity etc. but she is like ''Am I not washing clothes enough you think? I care about cleaning more than you!'' but for example she puts clothes with najasah on a floor where there might be wetness etc. So it is like these najasah can transfer to anywhere on that floor when its wet and we do touch these places with wet hands, no doubt. Problem is I can not always run after them and tell them what to do and what not to do, When I warn them they get upset like I said sth bad or like ''Dont worry, It is clean'' but it is not!!!

Also same thing with cleaning toilet, we have western type toilet and I hate it! I told them that this toilet is not really good, the dirty water splash around etc. but they say ''NO'' and I just can not convince them and they think I am too exaggarating. But I am not.

So the thing is I do not wanna have kibr (arrogance) for thinking like this nor I wanna have my prayers rejected because of these najasah that might be around my clothes after all these I mentioned above.

But what can I do? What should be in my mind when living in this same house? Sometimes I just dont wanna care and say ''Ya Allah, you know I try to be careful I can not control others actions that might affect me....'' but sometimes it makes me crazy and angry when I think maybe I would be responsible for this as well.
      If you feel so strongly about things, perhaps you could do them in the way you think proper yourself. Or do you agree with Sir Henry Rawlinson: "If a thing's worth doing, it's worth forcing someone else to do it."?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X