Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*・☆.。Start with the Self: Self-Purification of the Heart. All Souls Welcome*・☆.。

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:start: In the Name of God, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy

WEIGHT OF THE GLASSGlory to Him, the Exalted13:11).

Comment

SHARK BAITSomething to reflect:peace and blessings be upon him

Comment

A POUND OF BUTTER

There was a farmer who sold a pound of butter to the baker. One day the baker decided to weigh the butter to see if he was getting a pound and he found that he was not. This angered him and he took the farmer to court. The judge asked the farmer if he was using any measure.

The farmer said, "Your Honor, I am primitive. I don't have a proper measure, but I do have a scale."

"Then how do you weigh the butter?" asked the judge.

The farmer said, "Your Honor, long before the baker started buying butter from me, I have been buying a pound loaf of bread from him. Every day when the baker brings the bread, I put it on the scale and give him the same weight in butter. If anyone is to be blamed, it is the baker."

Something to reflect:peace and blessings be upon him

Comment

FROG IN A MILK-PAIL

A frog was hopping around a farmyard, when it decided to investigate the barn.

Being somewhat careless, and maybe a little too curious, he ended up falling into a pail half-filled with fresh milk.

As he swam about attempting to reach the top of the pail, he found that the sides of the pail were too high and steep to reach.

He tried to stretch his back legs to push off the bottom of the pail but found it too deep. But this frog continued to thrash around for a long time.

He kicked and squirmed and kicked and squirmed, until at last, all his churning about in the milk had turned the milk into a big hunk of butter.

The butter was now solid enough for him to climb onto and get out of the pail!

Something to reflect:94:5, 95:6,95:7).

Comment

THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX

Many hundreds of years ago in a small Arab town, a merchant had the misfortune of owing a large sum of money to the moneylender. The moneylender, who was old and ugly, fancied the merchant's beautiful daughter and so he proposed a bargain. He said he would forgo the merchant's debt if he could marry the daughter.

The moneylender told them that he would put a black pebble and a white pebble into an empty bag. The girl would then have to pick one pebble from the bag:
            If she picked the black pebble, she would become the moneylender's wife and her father's debt would be forgiven.
            If she picked the white pebble she need not marry him and her father's debt would still be forgiven.
            But if she refused to pick a pebble, her father would be thrown into jail.

They were standing on a pebble strewn path in the merchant's garden. As they talked, the moneylender bent over to pick up two pebbles. As he picked them up, the sharp-eyed girl noticed that he had picked up two black pebbles and put them into the bag. He then asked the girl to pick her pebble from the bag.

What would you have done if you were the girl? If you had to advise her, what would you have told her? Careful analysis would produce three possibilities:
            1. The girl should refuse to take a pebble.
            2. The girl should show that there were two black pebbles in the bag and expose the moneylender as a cheat.
            3. The girl should pick a black pebble and sacrifice herself in order to save her father from his debt and imprisonment.

The girl put her hand into the moneybag and drew out a pebble. Without looking at it, she fumbled and let it fall onto the pebble-strewn path where it immediately became lost among all the other pebbles.

"Oh, how clumsy of me," she said. "But never mind, if you look into the bag for the one that is left, you will be able to tell which pebble I picked."

Since the remaining pebble is black, it must be assumed that she had picked the white one.

And since the moneylender dared not admit his dishonesty, the girl changed what seemed an impossible situation into an advantageous one.

Something to reflect:peace and blessings be upon him

Comment

WISHING AWAY

Don’t wish for this year to be better than the one before.

Don’t wish for a better job.

Don’t wish for a healthier body.

Don’t wish for better behaved children.

Don’t wish for more money.

Don’t wish for a more effective network.

Don’t wish for more opportunities to come your way.

Don’t wish for whatever they have and that you don’t have.

Work for it.

Make it happen

Take charge.

You can do it!

Something to reflect:peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Tie her and trust in Allah.”

Comment

PERFECT SITUATION

The bird in the cage doesn’t sing because its situation is perfect.

It doesn’t sing because it’s necessarily happy.

It doesn’t sing to entertain others.

It doesn’t sing in memory of happier times flying free.

It sings because that’s what it was born to do.

Despite its circumstances.

Despite its feelings.

Despite how others may react.

Despite the past.

It’s tempting to wait until you’re in the perfect situation before you start doing what you were created to do, but the caged bird reminds us that this would be a mistake.

It sings because that's what it was born to do.

Something to reflect:51:56).

Comment

+1

Bumpaga
                  Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

Originally posted by Keating View Post
                    Re: *・☆.。Start with the Self: Self-Purification of the Heart. All Souls Welcome*・☆.

WISHING AWAY

Don’t wish for this year to be better than the one before.

Don’t wish for a better job.

Don’t wish for a healthier body.

Don’t wish for better behaved children.

Don’t wish for more money.

Don’t wish for a more effective network.

Don’t wish for more opportunities to come your way.

Don’t wish for whatever they have and that you don’t have.

Work for it.

Make it happen

Take charge.

You can do it!

Something to reflect:
                    Wishing away without action is not the habit of a wise person.

*・☆.。*・☆.。*・☆.。*・☆.。*・☆.。*・☆.。*・☆.。*・☆.。*・☆.。*・☆.。 *・☆.。*・☆.。*・☆.。*・☆.。*・☆.。

A man asked, “O Messenger of Allah [:saw:], should I tie my camel and trust in Allah, or should I leave her untied and trust in Allah?”

Prophet :saw:, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Tie her and trust in Allah.”
                    I like this one

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X