Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in a Name

:salams:

I had this idea for everyone to tell us their name and who they were named after, what their name means to them etc.

For example

"My name is Maryam. I was named after Maryam r.a. who was the mother of our Prophet Isa a.s. Maryam r.a. happens to be one of my favorite heroines. Allah s.w.t. speaks about her in Qur'an for her purity and devotion to Him. Through her hardships and sacrifice, she is one of the four greatest women in Islam.
    If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
    (al-Bukhaari)

Re: What's in a Name

don't you think that would ruin the whole point of being anonymous? like that's what usernames are for surely. wouldn't you agree? eh Maryam? lol

Comment

Well. Guess what my name is :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by Aaliyah_h View Post
        Well. Guess what my name is :rotfl:
        Aisha

Comment

Don't think a lot of people will be keen to reveal their name.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim1415 View Post
            Aisha

Comment

My name is Julie lolol everyone pretty much knows, its a very common name so no biggie in teveiling myself,it means nothing exept if you change 1 letter to jolie, then it means pretty in french but its julie so it means nothing lol
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

ermmmmm my name is Simply_Logical, i wish life was a bit more simple and i wish i thought a bit more logically lool

Comment

my name is karl and i was named after karl marx. my father was a mad communist (as well as other things....)

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

My name is Pippin, it's what I named my Pokemon in a game I was playing.
                    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                    [2:186]

.:.
                    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
                      my name is karl and i was named after karl marx. my father was a mad communist (as well as other things....)
                      Karl? Really?

That doesn't sound like the name of a welsh sheep farmer, who likes working out.
                      وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                      "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                      Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                      [2:186]

.:.
                      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

*facepalm
                        If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
                        (al-Bukhaari)

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                          Karl? Really?

That doesn't sound like the name of a welsh sheep farmer, who likes working out.
                          yeah a very germanic sounding name for a welsh man lol.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X