X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blasphemy Law in Islam?

So i was perusing through my english translation of the Qur'an
    I found a beautiful ayat...

"And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace. (Surat Al Furqan 63) "

However It made me wonder where the origins of Islamic Blasphemy laws are...?
    Did the Prophet SAW, execute anyone for Blasphemy against him or Allah swt? Is this verse abrogated by a later one?

If someone could educate me on the matter, Inshallah...
    Jazakallah
    Last edited by ElRafa; 15-02-16, 02:05 PM.

Re: Blasphemy Law in Islam?

Originally posted by ElRafa View Post
    So i was perusing through my english copy of the Qur'an
    I found a beautiful ayat...

"And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace. (Surat Al Furqan 63) "

However It made me wonder where the origins of Islamic Blasphemy laws are...?
    Did the Prophet SAW, execute anyone for Blasphemy against him or Allah swt? Is this verse abrogated by a later one?

If someone could educate me on the matter, Inshallah...
    Jazakallah
    When it comes to the prophet :saw:, sometimes he forgave, and other times he executed according to the law.

Since the prophet :saw: is gone now and he cannot personally forgive the insult, the only viable punishment is execution as that's his and Allahs right.
    "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      When it comes to the prophet :saw:, sometimes he forgave, and other times he executed according to the law.

Since the prophet :saw: is gone now and he cannot personally forgive the insult, the only viable punishment is execution as that's his and Allahs right.
      Jazakallah bro,
      Where exactly was the law formulated though? .. Is there a hadith or is it found in the Qur'an?

Comment

Originally posted by ElRafa View Post
        Jazakallah bro,
        Where exactly was the law formulated though? .. Is there a hadith or is it found in the Qur'an?
        It's a big subject, something I don't want to get into the fiqh rulings.

But there is ahadith where he forgave and he executed and allowed execution. I can link these later but the actual explanation of the ruling, I'm not qualified for that.
        "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X