Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any brother/sister converted from shia to muslim here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any brother/sister converted from shia to muslim here?

What I just discovered:

Quran uses the term "Shia" to describe many righteous people but never once mentions "Sunni." What's up with that?

"And most surely Abraham was among the Shi’a of him (i.e., Noah)”(Qur’an 37:83)

وَإِنَّ مِن شِيعَتِهِ لَإِبْرَاهِيمَ ﴿الصافات: ٨٣﴾

"And he (Moses) went into the city at a time when people (of the city) were not watching, so he found therein two men fighting, one being of his Shi’a and the other beinghis enemy, and the one who was of his Shi’a cried out to him for help against the one who was of his enemy”(Qur’an 28:15)

فَوَجَدَ فِيهَا رَجُلَيْنِ يَقْتَتِلَانِ هَـٰذَا مِن شِيعَتِهِ وَهَـٰذَا مِنْ عَدُوِّهِ ۖفَاسْتَغَاثَهُ الَّذِي مِن شِيعَتِهِ عَلَى الَّذِي مِنْ عَدُوِّهِ...

Rasul (saw) is written to do too:

The Messenger of Allah said to ‘Ali: "Glad tiding O ‘Ali! Verily you and your companions and your Shi’a (followers) will be in Paradise."

يا علي أبشر فإنك و أصحابك و شيعتك في الجنَّة

Fadha’il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p655

Should we Muslims interchange and also call ourselves proudly Shia?
    Last edited by isaibrahim; 14-02-16, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by isaibrahim View Post
      What I just discovered:

Quran uses the term "Shia" to describe many righteous people but never once mentions "Sunni." What's up with that?

"And most surely Abraham was among the Shi’a of him (i.e., Noah)”(Qur’an 37:83)

وَإِنَّ مِن شِيعَتِهِ لَإِبْرَاهِيمَ ﴿الصافات: ٨٣﴾

"And he (Moses) went into the city at a time when people (of the city) were not watching, so he found therein two men fighting, one being of his Shi’a and the other beinghis enemy, and the one who was of his Shi’a cried out to him for help against the one who was of his enemy”(Qur’an 28:15)

فَوَجَدَ فِيهَا رَجُلَيْنِ يَقْتَتِلَانِ هَـٰذَا مِن شِيعَتِهِ وَهَـٰذَا مِنْ عَدُوِّهِ ۖفَاسْتَغَاثَهُ الَّذِي مِن شِيعَتِهِ عَلَى الَّذِي مِنْ عَدُوِّهِ...

Rasul (saw) does too:

The Messenger of Allah said to ‘Ali: "Glad tiding O ‘Ali! Verily you and your companions and your Shi’a (followers) will be in Paradise."

يا علي أبشر فإنك و أصحابك و شيعتك في الجنَّة

Fadha’il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p655

Should we Muslims interchange and also call ourselves proudly Shia?
      Why are you quoting a written hadith.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Eesa is doing good job in exposing the bad manners of salafis. What a vile group. And they are the saved group? Wal iyaadu billaah

Comment

Originally posted by Hate Racism View Post
          5 year old Shia (Muslim) Hafiz

Cute lil fellow :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez8qMg3PQOE
          Wait until he grows up lol
          Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
            Wait until he grows up lol
            Dr. Syed Muhammad Hussain Tabatabai is a child genius. He was born in Iran. Both his parents and elder two siblings were also hafiz e Quran and his main tutor was a blind shiekh in Qum.
            Tabatabai was taught the Quran through sign language, which was invented by his father. Each different words of the Quran has a different hand sign. Not only can he read the whole Quran by heart, give him a page number, the ayah number and he will read the page the ayahs aswell as for the following pages. Ask him a general question and he answers through Quranic ayahs.

'... I then asked Mohammad Hossein's father to refer to other examples of his Qur'anic conversations.

He said, "When he met the former Iranian President Rafsanjani, the president had prepared a prize for him. As soon as he saw the gift he recited the verse,
            "And I'll send them a gift, so watch carefully what their reaction would be upon receiving it"' which was referring to when Belqays (Queen of Sheba) ruler of the land where the sun was worshipped had been advising her messengers how to behave when delivering her gift to Prophet Solomon!
            The president laughed a lot at this and emphasized, "Mohammad Hossein your talent is unique and research must be done regarding the method of your learning."

'...During one of these sessions Ayatollah Khaz'ali told Seyyed Mohammad Hossein, "I want to give you a garment as a gift on the occasion of Eid ul-Ghadir;" he instantly replied with the Qur'anic verse,
            'The garment of piety; that is the best garment" and he meant' "if you can, provide a spiritual prize for me, not a material one!"

https://www.facebook.com/SayedMohamm...81576528597942
            Be careful who you call Kafir because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector and who is merely a misguided person. It is not up to us to "sentence" a person to the Hellfire.

The Questions you Questioned will be Questioned in the day of judgement

Comment

Haha.

Shiism
              Wahhabism
              Sufism
              Salafism
              Sunnism
              Ibadism
              Ahamdiyaism
              Barelvism
              Deobandism

Comment

Any news from the OP?
                Nice being here, but better I delete this account to study. Nice meeting y'all!
                Maybe I'll be back someday...

Comment

Hello
                  how r u?
                  Please tell me about yourself more and how is your new true belief??

Comment

Originally posted by Munnira View Post
                    Hello
                    how r u?
                    Please tell me about yourself more and how is your new true belief??

i think there are some here who were previously Shia.
                    Perhaps they can link you with some specific posts/threads of their journey.
                    Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X