Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any brother/sister converted from shia to muslim here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any brother/sister converted from shia to muslim here?

My question is in the title. I am asking this because I've secretly converted into islam not so long ago. It was through research into islam that I came to conclusion that many of the believes and rituals that shia hold/do are very deviant. Especially the one of quasi-worshipping a grave, which I (sadly) have done many times during my visitations in Iraq. I currently live in Europe, but my parents are from Karbala, Iraq, and I've visted that country many times.

I converted secretly because I still live with my family and I'm terribly afraid of how family here and in Iraq will respond. Especially my father. While my father isn't the most pious shia, he holds a very harsh opinion on sunnis. My mother on the other hand has a less stern opinion on sunnis, but is much more pious and I am certain the she isn't going to react well either. I have good relations with everyone both here and in Iraq and I don't want to lose them, so I am very reluctant of ''coming out''.

However, I've said the sjahada, I pray diffrently (properly), have a very different opinion on the sahaba and Aisha (ra), believe in the authencity of sahih bukhari/other hadith that are verified, and I avoid shia rituals.

I feel pretty lonely as shia to muslim convert since I don't know anybody who has made that transition, especially not shia's from Karbala (which if you didn't know, is one of the holiest cities to them). It would be interesting and make feel better to read others who have made the same decisions as I have and perhaps read how your surrounding have reacted f you are openly muslim

Re: Any brother/sister converted from shia to muslim here?

[MENTION=120648]bolani muslim[/MENTION]

He's one I know in this forum who came back to the deen.

Know that you're welcome here and don't be afraid to ask questions
    Last edited by Blackbeard; 14-02-16, 12:49 AM.
    "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Any brother/sister converted from shia to muslim here?

Muslim is not a sect/religion.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Salaam bro, I was raised Shia but have become a Sunni about 1.5 years ago. I'm in the same boat as I haven't 'come out' to many people. The best place to go now is to the link at the bottom. You can also find me on FB as Hassan Bolani. I recommend you post this on the twelvershia.net site and change 'Shia to muslim' to 'Shia to sunni' http://forum.twelvershia.net/ex-shias/
        Last edited by bolani muslim; 14-02-16, 02:36 AM.
        Nice being here, but better I delete this account to study. Nice meeting y'all!
        Maybe I'll be back someday...

Comment

lol @ anti shia troll account. Which one of you children is it?

Comment

you mean Shia Muslim to Sunni Muslim
            Be careful who you call Kafir because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector and who is merely a misguided person. It is not up to us to "sentence" a person to the Hellfire.

The Questions you Questioned will be Questioned in the day of judgement

Comment

Originally posted by bolani muslim View Post
              Salaam bro, I was raised Shia but have become a Sunni about 1.5 years ago. I'm in the same boat as I haven't 'come out' to many people. The best place to go now is to the link at the bottom. You can also find me on FB as Hassan Bolani. I recommend you post this on the twelvershia.net site and change 'Shia to muslim' to 'Shia to sunni' http://forum.twelvershia.net/ex-shias/
              Didn't expect a forum dedicated to shia to muslim converts. Seems really dead though

Originally posted by kkash View Post
              No troll here.

Originally posted by Hate Racism View Post
              you mean Shia Muslim to Sunni Muslim
              A lot of shia do things that the rasul (saw) ordered us muslim to not take part in. Perhaps the more ignorant shia are excused by allah aza wa jal and are are still seen as muslims. Not sure. But having been surrounded by shia my whole life, I know for a fact a lot hold believes that go against what the prophet preached. Cursing the sahaba, worshipping men, and self-harm (tatbir). I don't see how they could be considerd muslim

Comment

Originally posted by kkash View Post
                @IRGC troll account which child is it?

Comment

Annoying title

Shias are muslims just like us. Try harder dude!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
                    Annoying title

5 year old Shia (Muslim) Hafiz

Cute lil fellow :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez8qMg3PQOE
                    Be careful who you call Kafir because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector and who is merely a misguided person. It is not up to us to "sentence" a person to the Hellfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                      Muslim is not a sect/religion.
                      Yes sir

Jazakallah

Comment

Originally posted by Hate Racism View Post
                        5 year old Shia (Muslim) Hafiz

Cute lil fellow :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez8qMg3PQOE

Masha Allah

Comment

Annoying title

Seems your allergic to using your brain too
                          Shirk takes one out of the fold of islam which many Shia commit
                          As for the ones that don't at best they are ahlul Bidah
                          the Shia are bigger enemies of islam than the rest of the kuffar
                          You want unity with a people who consider one of the mothers of the believers an adulturer go for it
                          As for me not going to buy it
                          Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                            Seems your allergic to using your brain too
                            Shirk takes one out of the fold of islam which many Shia commit
                            As for the ones that don't at best they are ahlul Bidah
                            the Shia are bigger enemies of islam than the rest of the kuffar
                            You want unity with a people who consider one of the mothers of the believers an adulturer go for it
                            As for me not going to buy it

Cool story bro
                            Iam sure Netanyahu supports your statement!

Comment

Cool story bro
                              Iam sure Netanyahu supports your statement!
                              You are one special kind of stupid you know that? [MENTION=135406]Qiyamah[/MENTION] lol this one was rude
                              Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X