Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is Eid al-Fitr 3 days long?

Assalamu aleiykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I feel a bit dumb and ashamed asking this, but my non-believing 13 year old niece is doing a class lecture on Eid al-fitr, and she asked me when Eid is, and i said it should be on the 6th of july but it could be on 5th of 7th depending on the moon at that time. And then she said like 'huh? i read online its a 3 day celebration'

So now i'm totally confused like, did i not know this al along or what do the 3 days refer to?
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Re: is Eid al-Fitr 3 days long?

Originally posted by aynina View Post
    Assalamu aleiykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I feel a bit dumb and ashamed asking this, but my non-believing 13 year old niece is doing a class lecture on Eid al-fitr, and she asked me when Eid is, and i said it should be on the 6th of july but it could be on 5th of 7th depending on the moon at that time. And then she said like 'huh? i read online its a 3 day celebration'

So now i'm totally confused like, did i not know this al along or what do the 3 days refer to?
    Walaikum salam

https://islamqa.info/en/38355
    "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X