Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about reciting the Qur'an

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A question about reciting the Qur'an

    :salams

    I have a question regarding the recitation of the Qur'an, I hope someone can help me. If you're out of breath, can you just take a breath and continue straight? Or do you have to end it on a proper sentence and then start over from the beginning of a sentence? My teacher said I should do the latter but is it just an adab or is it makruh to do otherwise? The problem is I don't know much arabic to determine the proper sentences :/

    :jkk:
    Last edited by budi.sudaryo; 22-01-16, 11:56 PM.
    I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

  • #2
    Re: A question about reciting the Qur'an

    Knowing where to start and stop in reciting is extremely important because you can stop in the wrong place and change the meaning or start in the wrong place and distort the meaning.

    There is a field calling 'al waqf wa al ibtida' when reciting, which is the starts and stops basically. There is also a narration where it is said that RasoolAllah:saw: would teach the sahaba the places to stop in the surahs when they were revealed (as well as the halals an harams etc)

    So yes it is important

    لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

    -------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A question about reciting the Qur'an

      Originally posted by F_R View Post
      Knowing where to start and stop in reciting is extremely important because you can stop in the wrong place and change the meaning or start in the wrong place and distort the meaning.

      There is a field calling 'al waqf wa al ibtida' when reciting, which is the starts and stops basically. There is also a narration where it is said that RasoolAllah:saw: would teach the sahaba the places to stop in the surahs when they were revealed (as well as the halals an harams etc)

      So yes it is important
      what if you don't technically stop, but just taking a breath for a second like "ghairil maghduubi (...) alayhim"?
      I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A question about reciting the Qur'an

        Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post
        what if you don't technically stop, but just taking a breath for a second like "ghairil maghduubi (...) alayhim"?
        How can you not technically stop? Don't get it :confused:

        Just make sure whether you stop is appropriate with the meaning too and if you anticipate that your breath will run out then plan accordingly :insha:

        لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

        -------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        -------------------------------------------------------
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A question about reciting the Qur'an

          Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post
          what if you don't technically stop, but just taking a breath for a second like "ghairil maghduubi (...) alayhim"?
          no not acceptable

          you can pause at alayhim
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

          You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A question about reciting the Qur'an

            Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post
            :salams

            I have a question regarding the recitation of the Qur'an, I hope someone can help me. If you're out of breath, can you just take a breath and continue straight? Or do you have to end it on a proper sentence and then start over from the beginning of a sentence? My teacher said I should do the latter but is it just an adab or is it makruh to do otherwise? The problem is I don't know much arabic to determine the proper sentences :/

            :jkk:
            If this worries you too much, there are breathing exercises to increase lung capacity you can try.

            Comment

            Collapse

            Edit this module to specify a template to display.

            Working...
            X