sad happening...something I wanted to share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad happening...something I wanted to share

Lately I have been trying connect with people who I used to know during my childhood who I knew to be muslims and were friend. Purpose was to connect with other muslims. I have been a hermit type of person for most of time and never had more than 1 friend and towards beginning adulthood I have lost all of them, which wasn't big of deal for me.

Past year or two I have desire to connect with other muslims, which has been difficult for me. University hasn't been good for this... I have met people who I have strongly disliked.

I contacted 3 old friends that I haven't met since childhood. This is the sad part... they all had left Islam and become atheists. This disappointed me and I didn't ask what lead to it, in fear that it would lead sort on confrontation.

I also went to masjid for prayer, but after the prayer I was approached by few men to do dawah with them. I declined, but they were quite adamant about me joining with them, but they gave up when I kept declining. I got out of the situation, but this bothered me very much so much so that decided not to go that masjid again and I am trying to find another one however my father, muslim, is against this for some reason.

He doesn't want me to go masjid and there has been conversation if I am becoming "extremist". He seems to have this idea that masjid will make me "extremist".

this is something I wanted to share with someone...

Re: sad happening...something I wanted to share

Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
    Lately I have been trying connect with people who I used to know during my childhood who I knew to be muslims and were friend. Purpose was to connect with other muslims. I have been a hermit type of person for most of time and never had more than 1 friend and towards beginning adulthood I have lost all of them, which wasn't big of deal for me.

Past year or two I have desire to connect with other muslims, which has been difficult for me. University hasn't been good for this... I have met people who I have strongly disliked.

I contacted 3 old friends that I haven't met since childhood. This is the sad part... they all had left Islam and become atheists. This disappointed me and I didn't ask what lead to it, in fear that it would lead sort on confrontation.

I also went to masjid for prayer, but after the prayer I was approached by few men to do dawah with them. I declined, but they were quite adamant about me joining with them, but they gave up when I kept declining. I got out of the situation, but this bothered me very much so much so that decided not to go that masjid again and I am trying to find another one however my father, muslim, is against this for some reason.

He doesn't want me to go masjid and there has been conversation if I am becoming "extremist". He seems to have this idea that masjid will make me "extremist".

this is something I wanted to share with someone...
    Simple. Stay away from those types of people and move on with your life. Your atheist friends that left Islam are kuffar and Allah has cursed them and Allah SWT will replace them with better people. Don't look back in the past. Put a dot on your past in general and continue your life correctly the way the Prophet SAW did. No need of friends unless they desire the akhirah. Also, be grateful for the amount of blessings Allah SWT has given us. We aren't the Muslims that are being bombed,starved and massacred. Learn the deen of Allah SWT and read the Qur'an if you want to get rid of your doubts. Besides who needs 'friends'? You have Allah SWT.
    Last edited by Umar Ibn Farooq; 17-01-16, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Re: sad happening...something I wanted to share

Originally posted by Umar Ibn Farooq View Post
      Simple. Stay away from those types of people and move on with your life. Your atheist friends that left Islam are kuffar and Allah has cursed them and Allah SWT will replace them with better people. Don't look back in the past. Put a dot on your past in general and continue your life correctly the way the Prophet SAW did. No need of friends unless they desire the akhirah. Also, be grateful for the amount of blessings Allah SWT has given us. We aren't the Muslims that are being bombed,starved and massacred. Learn the deen of Allah SWT and read the Qur'an if you want to get rid of your doubts. Besides who needs 'friends'? You have Allah SWT.
      JazakAllahu khair...

You are very much right... my issues are minor compared to others. I have left people behind and it seems best to keep on doing so.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X