I failed my new year resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I failed my new year resolution

I posted a resolution thread here before it hit 2016. I have confessed that I failed to follow my resolution. I feel guilty. I was meant to follow my diet and lose weight but I couldn't.

I ate multiple unhealthy and junk food in the last 2 weeks. Soft drinks are always on the fridge. Ya Allah! I feel guilty and it gotten worse.

I had a memory stick stored in a book cover on my wardrobe that haven't been touched for years. It was used before smartphones became popular and there was a huge comparison between before and now. I miss my old body which was taken on the bathroom. In comparison, today is like a hippo.

The gym is taking $18 weekly via direct debit and I only went 2 times so far this month. It's on contract but I have lack of motivation. I can't seem to head to the gym, despite it's only 10 minutes away.

I just gave a couple of joke to some families and friends about my eating habits, they all responded with a laugh. I'm expecting these kind of sentiments in the next 6 months if I do nothing to fix my weight issues.

:(

Re: I failed my new year resolution

Originally posted by -_- View Post
    I posted a resolution thread here before it hit 2016. I have confessed that I failed to follow my resolution. I feel guilty. I was meant to follow my diet and lose weight but I couldn't.

I ate multiple unhealthy and junk food in the last 2 weeks. Soft drinks are always on the fridge. Ya Allah! I feel guilty and it gotten worse.

I had a memory stick stored in a book cover on my wardrobe that haven't been touched for years. It was used before smartphones became popular and there was a huge comparison between before and now. I miss my old body which was taken on the bathroom. In comparison, today is like a hippo.

The gym is taking $18 weekly via direct debit and I only went 2 times so far this month. It's on contract but I have lack of motivation. I can't seem to head to the gym, despite it's only 10 minutes away.

I just gave a couple of joke to some families and friends about my eating habits, they all responded with a laugh. I'm expecting these kind of sentiments in the next 6 months if I do nothing to fix my weight issues.

Don't give up! Doesn't matter. Try again today! YOU CAN DO IT!

Comment

You don't need a "New Years Resolution" to better yourself. Just keep trying. If you fail, try again, and again, and again.
      Eventually you'll succeed.

Comment

As salamu alaykum.
        From someone who lost over 25kgs over the past 2 years. You might wanna do it gradually, just cut off the sugar from your diet for now. If you don't feel like going to the gym yet, cancel it, Gym owners make a lot of money on new year resolution people :)
        1. Cut out sugar, have one "cheat meal" once a week, where you have a cheesecake or whatever you like. Going from bad diet straight to super duper healthy eating is just not possible for us regular folks, unless your case is severe.
        2. Forget about junk food, problem with it is it very bad nutrition wise and very high in calories. So you end up eating lots of it.

Just eat better for a month to start seeing the progress. Once you do your motivation will skyrocket

Comment

و عليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
          Good, you shouldn't be imitating the mushrikeen anyway
          ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Lol your post reminded me of sins - like the food is where u keep going to and then u feel guilty but just like sins we always have the chance to repent whilst we're alive u always have the chance to say :Nono: as long as ur alive and maybe just take one day at a time instead of thinking where u want to get to
            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Well your resolution to give up unhealthy food and junk food is a bit unhealthy. Your resolution should include talking to your family members about making healthier buying choices. Yes, you have to at least talk to them about it.

As for your gym, it is way too expensive, and right now not a good idea, unless you MAKE A FRIEND that goes to the gym. You need to find a friend who does go to the gym, but focus on the friendship first, and make sure he is a good guy with good character, and then slowly you will realize that you're going to the gym anyways.

Comment

:salams

Tip: whenever you buy stuff, DO NOT BUY SWEETS OR COOKIES, CAKES OR STUFF WITH PROCCESSED SUGAR!!

Whenever you want a soda, go to the sink and DRINK WATER, whenever you go and want to buy something unhealthy, like ice cream, force yourself to buy APPLES or stuff like that.

Don't buy stuff that will seduce you. Just like you don't go to a party full of fitna, trying to lower your gaze. Don't buy sweets etc. lol. XD

Just my advice, take it or leave it. :p
                La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post

Tip: whenever you buy stuff, DO NOT BUY SWEETS OR COOKIES, CAKES OR STUFF WITH PROCCESSED SUGAR!!

Whenever you want a soda, go to the sink and DRINK WATER, whenever you go and want to buy something unhealthy, like ice cream, force yourself to buy APPLES or stuff like that.

Don't buy stuff that will seduce you. Just like you don't go to a party full of fitna, trying to lower your gaze. Don't buy sweets etc. lol. XD

Just my advice, take it or leave it. :p
                  Is that even possible :shock:

On a serious note. U don't have to cut all that out. Just eat sensibly :up:

Comment

Simple..

When you want to go against your resolution, just put a $5 in Sadaqah, or charity.

Even Shaytaan will help you achieve your resolution then....
                    وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
                    Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

:salams:

Cut down on your intake of rice and sugary drinks. Exercise regularly even if little. You'll improve gradually. Buy some new gear, like running shoes etc, hopefully you'll feel more comfortable and eager to exercise. Even playing sports is also a form of exercise, you like badminton?

Comment

ugh im in the same boat, i've been struggling w my weight for all my life no joke, i really wanna fix it now, drinking water helps a lot and if u have a gym membership u have to go out there at least 2 times a week, i cant go to the gym because its men and woman together, but i remember before i became a muslim i went to ther gym everyday and then i lost a lot of weight, but now i cant go outside for sports anymore..

use your gym mmembership, quit drinking soda or restrict urself to 1 can of light soda a day and drink water besides that, food isnt that hard, just dont snack on unhealthy snacks anymore, the rest will come easy once you start hitting the gyl you will feel fitter and healthier...
                        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

The thing about diets is that they never work. You have to be committed to making it a lifestyle change. We are humans, and we were created imperfect, and that we have to struggle to better ourselves everyday. I suggest that every time you screw up, you try harder the next day. The trick is to never give up. Hope is lost when you give up.

To make changes to your eating habit, it is easier to start off with small things, and work your way to larger goals. If you have a soda problem, reduce the amount you drink, until you can handle not having it anymore. If you are near a Whole Foods, they have a soda brand called Zevia, which uses stevia as its sweetener and has nothing artificial in it all at zero calories. If you have a potato problem, cut down on it, and substitute with sweet potatoes. And don't tell yourself that you will never have the bad food that you love ever again, instead, set two days a week where you can have what ever you want, just make sure you do portion control. Also, on days off, especially if you have two, how about you make them no carb or sugar days and only eat vegetable soup through out the day.

Another thing is exercise. You don't have to go to the gym, just start walking everyday. Take an hour walk around the neighborhood at your own pace, and every two weeks, pick up the pace and add more distance. Don't wast your money if youre not going to the gym, I suggest you cancel your membership until you can commit to it.

the concept behind losing weight is easy, the hard part is when the shaytaan whispers to you and suggests for you that you can skip today and start tomorrow, a tomorrow that never comes.

Comment

You see, I was smart. I did not come up with any "new year resolution" because I already know I would fail miserably either way so....
                            "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

You should go easy on yourself. Since you're finding it hard to do it all at once, do everything instead in steps.

First, try a month of no junk/unhealthy foods. Draw up a weekly/monthly food timetable (you also save money that way).

After you feel that your diet is on track, work on your fitness. Start with light exercises, then gradually build up.

Allah ma3ak! :o
                              الحرام قبل العيب، و الله قبل الناس

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X