Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if everyone around you is engaged in sin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if everyone around you is engaged in sin??

Be honest.

Things like backbiting, swearing and lying even if if were meant as a "joke" by your closest and farthest of freinds.

Honestly i lack the energy and ppl dont listen most the time anyway ikik i need to change my attitude towards this but it feels so pointless sumtyms...
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

To be honest, I would just leave them..

Better to be alone than in bad company, SubhanAllah we don't know how quickly people like that can influence us, may Allah protect us.
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Re: What would you do if everyone around you is engaged in sin??

Story of my life.

I just keep my distance from everyone. I avoid most of my friends and relatives.

There's only so much you can advise them. Sometimes you just have to protect your own self from these vices by distancing yourself from it all.

Comment

Normally when backbiting took place between my friends, i would cut them off and advise them (and myself) but if it continues i'd just leave them to deal with their issues on their own.

Like sis [MENTION=71631]iRepIslam[/MENTION] said its so much easier to sin when your around bad company. We shouldn't be too proud/sure of ourselves with regards to sinning and think it won't effect me if i'm with bad company because i know whats right and wrong (so i'll be concious). But we are humans after all and it only takes one step for us to fall, especially when it comes to our tongues. Its one small muscle subhan Allah, but its the most powerful and effective, thus we should be wary when it comes to subjects like the above and avoid circumstances that will trigger us to fall into sin.
        Last edited by Peony.; 15-01-16, 09:31 PM.

Comment

jzk all Im not talking about just freinds and stuff but situations that are inescapable like [MENTION=131430]muslimgirl13[/MENTION]'s or like [MENTION=134608]MyUsernameIs...[/MENTION]'s may allah swt make it easier for them... [MENTION=116227]vildan[/MENTION] [MENTION=71631]iRepIslam[/MENTION] what then?
          [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

[MENTION=119080]zantz[/MENTION]

If it's family then tbh, all we can do is advise and advise, hang in there, fulfill your duties to them for Allah unless it's particularly dangerous, Allahu alam..
            The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
              jzk all Im not talking about just freinds and stuff but situations that are inescapable like [MENTION=131430]muslimgirl13[/MENTION]'s or like [MENTION=134608]MyUsernameIs...[/MENTION]'s may allah swt make it easier for them... [MENTION=116227]vildan[/MENTION] [MENTION=71631]iRepIslam[/MENTION] what then?
              Whats up with their situation? Sorry i'm a bit behind.

Comment

it's time to migrate
                https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post

Whats up with their situation? Sorry i'm a bit behind.
                  Myusernameis... just said its almost everyone she has to get away from and muslimgirls mother is the cause of her problem and she's still a kid. Their situations are tough coz they cant really get away from the problem

Comment

Such difficult situations SubhanAllah may Allah make it easy. They will get rewarded in Jannah for their patience in sha Allah

Comment

Myusernameis... just said its almost everyone she has to get away from and muslimgirls mother is the cause of her problem and she's still a kid. Their situations are tough coz they cant really get away from the problem
                      Well you got to tell them your stance..how you will not tolerate backbiting, judging or any form of bad language from anyone as it is an order from Allah swt and there is severe punishment for one who ignores it.

Perhaps show them the punishment one will recieve in the grave and in the day of judgment.. to the point it can even lead you to jahannam. If it still doesn't help in solving the issue, theres not much you can do so best to say 'i'm sorry, i tried my best deal with this siutaion but you were still persistant in speaking ill about people, knowing very well that i will not tolerate such behaviour.. so don't mind me but i need to leave" (or i can't keep seated in a gathering which continuously backbites, insults, ridicules, judges people). I'm sure they will understand and if not, then they're not really the best company to be around right?

Comment

You can choose your friends but you can't choose family. I would suggest reminding your friends when they slip into gheebah and why it's sinful. After reminding if they still continue then you should stop participating and walk away. They'll get the message and if not then you may need to seek new company if you feel your deen constantly being negatively effected.

With family you cannot and shouldn't just pack up and leave. Allah has obliged and a made it a duty to be merciful and patient with parents. If they err we should remind them about the dangers of gossiping, backbiting etc. Ultimately you can only remind somebody so much verbally but it is through your own speech and actions which will serve as constant reminders to them. And each time you do, you will be getting countless reward from Allah swt.

So remind and keep on reminding as the reminder benefits the believer but when you feel tired then take a break and leave your peers to reflect on their own actions whilst you increase your connection with Allah too.

while if his desires are stronger than his reason, he is like an animal.

- Ibn Al-Qayyim

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ

Comment

Be honest.

Things like backbiting, swearing and lying even if if were meant as a "joke" by your closest and farthest of freinds.

Honestly i lack the energy and ppl dont listen most the time anyway ikik i need to change my attitude towards this but it feels so pointless sumtyms...
                          Its hard but remember reward is in the doing not the result

Way I see it, on here too at teh risk of being seen as argumentative and stern, is to say it and job done.

Remember the Prophet saw faced much more but continued

Also remember we are not judged on the result, Allah swt rewards the effort. result is in Allah swt hands

Comment

Salaam

I would distance myself from such people and make dua for them.

When the time is right and you feel brave with faith than go in the attack with your good manners patience and truth so you have a influence over them and they learn and become better people.

May Allah swt give us sunnah that is strong and crushes the negative forces.

Ameen
                            Jazak Allah Khair For All Your Duas.

Comment

Be honest.

Everyone sins, but those who do so openly versus in secret are different. Leave a company which does sins openly, go find company who has some haya left, and be with those who do good.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X