Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• masjid being vandalized.

What is the proper reaction?

Our local Masjid has been vandalized four times since the summer and a few days ago. Broken all the windows and a pig was left on the doors.

Apparently the masjid and community approach is :We love you, it's okay, come have a friendly discussion with us because we forgive you and love you.:

I mean seriously?

We are okay with it? Who is we? We love you? Who is we? I'm beyond upset and i am certainly not okay with it and I hate them. May Allah take their sight and hearing.

If these people came to the masjid I would have the law on them and wave good bye, I doubt these people care about that fake line like Muslims are okay with THIS and we're so peaceful.

Re: masjid being vandalized.

Originally posted by Bint Muaawiya View Post
    What is the proper reaction?

Our local Masjid has been vandalized four times since the summer and a few days ago. Broken all the windows and a pig was left on the doors.

Apparently the masjid and community approach is :We love you, it's okay, come have a friendly discussion with us because we forgive you and love you.:

I mean seriously?

We are okay with it? Who is we? We love you? Who is we? I'm beyond upset and i am certainly not okay with it and I hate them. May Allah take their sight and hearing.

If these people came to the masjid I would have the law on them and wave good bye, I doubt these people care about that fake line like Muslims are okay with THIS and we're so peaceful.
    "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

^ Reciprocate evil with evil. Yes cuz that's what Islam teaches us.

I'd go to the police and file a complaint for damaging the public property.
      "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

^ guy who has IQ deficit and fails to understand my post wasn't serious
        "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

When my masjid was vandalized we caught the two guys who did it. Obviously it was an Islamophobic attack. Instead of trying to get a prison sentence or something, we let them off with community service. They'd volunteer at the local Islamic school, help around with the kids, etc.

At the end of it their perceptions of Islam and Muslims were much different. So the forgiveness approach can work, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
            When my masjid was vandalized we caught the two guys who did it. Obviously it was an Islamophobic attack. Instead of trying to get a prison sentence or something, we let them off with community service. They'd volunteer at the local Islamic school, help around with the kids, etc.

At the end of it their perceptions of Islam and Muslims were much different. So the forgiveness approach can work, I suppose.
            Not just forgiveness: education and supervision and - as they had to do unpaid work with the mosque - compensation.
            The OP doesn't say where this happened. It strikes me as unusual and unwise behaviour. Contact the local police about these incidents. See about installing security cameras. Even if you take the view "It's only property" next time someone could be injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              nah but honestly Idk if there is much u can do
              Originally posted by sandman123 View Post
              ^ Reciprocate evil with evil. Yes cuz that's what Islam teaches us.
              *sigh*
              Before you ask a question: https://islamqa.info/en

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Hudhayfah View Post
                *sigh*
                explain, what are you trying to put forth here?

The fact that I wasn't serious with that post and said there isn't anything he can do really?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                  explain, what are you trying to put forth here?

The fact that I wasn't serious with that post and said there isn't anything he can do really?
                  The fact that you basically said you weren't serious with the post and he still replied as though you were.
                  Before you ask a question: https://islamqa.info/en

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Hudhayfah View Post
                    The fact that you basically said you weren't serious with the post and he still replied as though you were.
                    meh

it happens all the time. its funny though

Comment

Hmm was the pig's head left outside or did someone break in? If it were an issue of someone breaking in, I'd say leave electric trip wires around the building so that they'd get electricuted if they tried anything. The community service post earlier is not a bad idea actually. This "we love you" approach is a pile of [email protected] and if the masjid representatives keep up that approach, maybe they deserve what they're getting. They have no sense of wala wal bara, no sense of stern with the disbelievers- they are practically breaking the masjid with their rhetoric more than the vandals.
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

masjid being vandalized.

Here is the post [MENTION=1489]neelu[/MENTION] :

As crazy and funny as this post will sound but I want it to go VIRAL…This is a shout out for the gentlemen who placed bacon on our (masjid name) door handle today at 3 am…We just want to tell you guys: It’s OKAY. And we love you. We are a bit offended but it’s okay. Let’s talk…We know and understand how you guys feel and we want to invite you over to talk. And even though authorities and media will label this as hate crime, we still want to invite you over. Why don’t you guys come over at the (masjid name) for coffee and donuts? We can talk…about whatever that is upsetting you. We are reaching out for you with love rather than hate….with peace instead of violence. We love you and we pray for you. We want you guys to come over and we can perhaps pray together. We want you, if you see this post to PM us and we can talk. We forgive you…because we are Muslims, and our religion is a religion of peace and our God is a merciful God…same God…One God…Let’s talk…We don’t need to argue or fight or anything like that…we want to be friends! Let’s just be Friends! Please share this post….and if anyone knows who these people are…let us know…we can peacefully resolve this…it’s okay! Please share until these people can see the post! Thank you!
                        Last edited by Bint Muaawiya; 15-01-16, 12:33 AM.

Comment

masjid being vandalized.

Authorities already know the masjid keeps getting vandalized and the cameras can't see faces because they're wearing masks. This masjid was built a few years ago and it's the only one we have.

But this approach is beyond disgraceful to me.

Comment

Authorities already know the masjid keeps getting vandalized and the cameras can't see faces because they're wearing masks. This masjid was built a few years ago and it's the only one we have.

But this approach is beyond disgraceful to me.
                            Judging by the response... No wonder it keeps getting vandalised... The post almost invites them to vandalise
                            Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Here is the post [MENTION=1489]neelu[/MENTION] :

As crazy and funny as this post will sound but I want it to go VIRAL…This is a shout out for the gentlemen who placed bacon on our (masjid name) door handle today at 3 am…We just want to tell you guys: It’s OKAY. And we love you. We are a bit offended but it’s okay. Let’s talk…We know and understand how you guys feel and we want to invite you over to talk. And even though authorities and media will label this as hate crime, we still want to invite you over. Why don’t you guys come over at the (masjid name) for coffee and donuts? We can talk…about whatever that is upsetting you. We are reaching out for you with love rather than hate….with peace instead of violence. We love you and we pray for you. We want you guys to come over and we can perhaps pray together. We want you, if you see this post to PM us and we can talk. We forgive you…because we are Muslims, and our religion is a religion of peace and our God is a merciful God…same God…One God…Let’s talk…We don’t need to argue or fight or anything like that…we want to be friends! Let’s just be Friends! Please share this post….and if anyone knows who these people are…let us know…we can peacefully resolve this…it’s okay! Please share until these people can see the post! Thank you!
                              Lol! Oh God how embarrassing are they? Talk about let me lie down and give you easier access so you can stomp all over me. :vomit:

You know what I've observed, suck ups like that never ever get respect from those they suck up to, that's probably why your masjid keeps getting vandalized. They need to have some self-respect first!
                              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X