Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It is dishearenting that so many "Muslims" aren't really Muslims

Originally posted by thedeen33 View Post
    Just seems like so many Muslims I know aren't really Muslims.

They are no different than your typical Christian who doesn't care about his religion and is just living life.

It's like when I go to family gatherings or talk to so many other youth, it's all just about this life, jokes, being azzholes, everyone is SOOOOO PRIDEFUL, etc.....

It's like I connect with no one truly just because of that, no one really cares about Islam and are just arrogant prideful people just living life and acting like they own the world....

I hate that, especially when I try so hard to be humble and reduce myself, and others talking like they is hot stuff....

It's like I have no one to ttruly connect with. Kind of feels like what a convert does. And it kind of makes sense as I didn't start being religious until a couple years ago, which is the same reason why I always remind myself not to judge others because I was in their shoes not too long ago and only Allah guided me, but this really sucks not being able to just enjoy others company in a nice manner where everyone isn't always talking trash, boasting, etc...
    thedeen33,

My name's Aden and I'm not sure where you live and all, but this is what I am trying to capture in a documentary I am making about Muslims and the current state of their religion. I am trying to show that there are Muslims out there who care about Islam, pray, are good-souls, spiritual, and loving, while there are some who claim to be Muslim but don't practice as traditionally as most. I am looking for Muslims who will speak out on this topic and show the world that Islam and Muslims who follow the Quran are not the same Muslims you see in mass media that make people afraid or cautious of Islam. If you or anyone is interested in speaking out in my documentary about this topic, please email me at [email protected]. Thank you!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X