Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Allah SWT allow Christianity to spread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Allah SWT allow Christianity to spread?

Assalam 'alaikum!

Sadly, I have begun reading anti-Islam websites, but I've been able to dismiss most claims/questions that are already explained. However, the only questions I wasn't able to answer were ones relating to Christianity. So, while my main question is the title, I also would like guidance in other questions. Do not feel you need to address all of these questions.
    1) If Christianity was corrupt pretty much since Jesus saws left, why did Allah SWT allow it to spread? I know this might be a "only Allah knows" type of question, but does anyone have any explanation?
    2) Why are Christians considered closer to us in faith than Jews when, in my opinion, they have more blasphemous claims? For example, ALL Christians claim Allah SWT has a son, while no Jews nowadays claim this. They also claim Christ saws was Allah incarnate. They pray to saints and call Mary rA "the Mother of God" (astaghfurullah). I know we can't argue with the Messenger saws nor Allah swt, but I was wondering if there was a reason?
    3) I hate saying this but this is a claim made by many Christians so I'm repeating here to get answers. But, based on the fact that Christianity has been so corrupted, wouldn't that make Jesus' saws entire prophethood pointless?

Thank you and jazakullah khair

Re: Why did Allah SWT allow Christianity to spread?

1. Bro, your question is closer to questioning Allah Himself by saying "why did Allah do this". That's not appropriate with Allah because Allah is the Most Wise and everything Allah does is His Wisdom. Allah never does something in vain. Christianity is spreading to this day and we have our own version of Christianity in Islam-- with the sufis and their likes. Allah will not be question for what He does, but the creation will be question. And Allah will question Paul and the rest of them: "why did you spread a false religion? Why did you make up lies?"

2. Bro please, please don't mention view from the Quran or Sunnah and then say "well, in my opinion."

"and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant." As far as the verse goes, Allah clearly mentions nearness in affection, not nearness in religion.

And "mawaddah" mentioned in the ayah literally means affection or love.

3. Jesus's (AS) prophethood was for the Jews and for his people. It was not pointless and that is impossible, because Allah doesn't send a prophet in vain. Many people believed as a result and many others were lead astray.

I would earnestly advise you against reading those websites until you are firmly established in your religion and you have the knowledge to cast away and doubts that these enemies of Allah raise. ONE DOUBT, JUST ONE SMALL DOUBT can linger in your heart until you meet Allah and it can lead you to the hellfire. So safeguard your religion.

Also, study Islam and watch debates between Christians and Muslims. Ground yourself in knowledge so you don't waver. Know that Allah is All-Knowing and All-Wise and everything Allah does has a wisdom to it although we might not understand the entire wisdom behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by inneedofhelp View Post
      Assalam 'alaikum!

Sadly, I have begun reading anti-Islam websites, but I've been able to dismiss most claims/questions that are already explained. However, the only questions I wasn't able to answer were ones relating to Christianity. So, while my main question is the title, I also would like guidance in other questions. Do not feel you need to address all of these questions.
      1) If Christianity was corrupt pretty much since Jesus saws left, why did Allah SWT allow it to spread? I know this might be a "only Allah knows" type of question, but does anyone have any explanation?
      2) Why are Christians considered closer to us in faith than Jews when, in my opinion, they have more blasphemous claims? For example, ALL Christians claim Allah SWT has a son, while no Jews nowadays claim this. They also claim Christ saws was Allah incarnate. They pray to saints and call Mary rA "the Mother of God" (astaghfurullah). I know we can't argue with the Messenger saws nor Allah swt, but I was wondering if there was a reason?
      3) I hate saying this but this is a claim made by many Christians so I'm repeating here to get answers. But, based on the fact that Christianity has been so corrupted, wouldn't that make Jesus' saws entire prophethood pointless?

Wa alaykum salam brother, I will try to answer as best as possible. However Im not a scholar, so I may be wrong but allahu a'lam, this is what I know.

1) According to my recall of history before Pauline theology influenced Christianity and contributed to what Christianity is today, it seems Christianity spread after he left, quickly so historically it is possible and most likely that tawheed has affected people and caused them to accept tawheed. However when it reached the Roman Empire, it began to mix with many of the Roman rituals, beliefs, and celebrations. Like Christmas Day was also a day in which they revered one of their gods....Saturn? I do not remember. Because historical texts, and many practicing Christians agree on this, that Jesus was actually born in the spring. For this reason at one point (I believe the 1600s) England banned Christmas for about two years...if you go to the Islamic section a brother posted a video about the truth about christmas. It can help you a lot.

2) In the Qur'an, majority of the 25 Prophets were sent to the people of Israel. Time and again they revolted against the truth and conspired against their Prophets, even killing some of them. The Jews notably had knowledge but did not practice, whereas Christians practiced their religion but neglected the knowledge, which is how it became corrupt. That's why Islam stresses balance and the middle road.

Also Paul, if I recall correctly, was a Jew and many of his works after Jesus went back to Allah steered Christianity towards that direction. However many similarities are between us and Christians. Prophet Isa (as) foretold the coming of the Last Prophet, Muhammad (saw). So whereas if I recall correctly (and note I may be wrong) the Jews completely reject Jesus and Muhammad. I don't know too much about the Judaic religion to bring evidences or anything but this is what I know.

3) No, his prophethood wasn't pointless. If a teacher wants to teach you about being healthy, and you fail the class with a F, or worse, you attack the teacher and therefore get expelled from school, does that mean the teacher's mission of educating you to be healthy was pointless?

The thing is, he set out to revive Mosaic law and call people to Allah. And not to mention he will return in the end of time to fight Dajjal, the Anti Christ. He prayed to be of the ummah of Muhammad (I cannot recall the exact hadith or evidence, I will post if I find it) so if Allah accepted his prayer and he will come at the end of time, does that still mean he was pointless?

The Christians who claim that Jesus's prophethood was pointless if Christianity was corrupted....let's think about it from a trinitarian point of view. The Christians I know say there is a Second Coming. So why do they claim that Jesus died for our sins and therefore is God....what is the point in that if he is coming back? Why do they counter that Jesus' prophethood is pointless. if Jesus in their eyes (God audhubillah) is coming back...doesnt that mean his so-called mission of dying for our sins was pointless as well? Not to mention the other contradictions but yea that will be it for now.

Note I am not a scholar...and I do not want to be held accountable on the Day of Judgement for anything wrong I said. But yeah Im just pointing some things out for you to understand that their countering questions are incorrect.

I also strongly advise you not to go to those websites, as it can weaken your own iman when that time is probably better spent (if da'wah interests you) learning about knowledge that will aid you even more in da'wah and to then give da'wah to your friends and the non Muslims around you.

Salam alaykum,

-Figs
      Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Well maybe...

1.Most mankind are disbelievers
        Life is a test between good and evil
        Disbelief and belief

2. Maybe its because christians believe in prophet moses and jesus while the jews reject prophet jesus

And also that the jews used to question prophet Muhammad peace be upon him too much and would harm him like trying to kill him audhubillah

3. All prophets were sent to call people to the worship of the one true God
        Prophet Jesus even had his own book revealed to himthe gospel and also the new law for his ummah

Also Prophet Jesus will return to prove the christians that went astray wrong

I hope someone else could answer better

And you should not Be ReaDing Anti Islam To me Thats basically walking up to Dajjal anti christ for a talk!

Comment

Assalam 'alaikum!

و عليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

1,3)
          http://islamqa.info/en/98280

2) They are not closer in faith as in upon less shirk, they are closer to accepting Islam and they (some of them in general) are not as arrogant as Jews and mushirks, read the verses, they are in surah Al-Maidah
          ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Last edited by As-salah; 25-12-15, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Ugh... take this from the one whose mawlid celebration can't be told apart from a Christmas celebration.

Comment

Assalam 'alaikum!

The amount of times I've been telling my brothers and sisters on the forums about not asking questions on a laymen websit. Please visit islamqa.info and ask your question there. No point in asking a bunch of laymen. They'll just argue and dispute another without using the correct and authentic source.

Comment

Wa 'alaykum salaam wa-rahmatullah wa-barakatuh

I just read the title, not the whole post.
                  So my reply to the title would be simple:
                  For the same reason why He allowed Shaytaan to whisper to humans, influence humans to commit shirk, etc.
                  And in the end anyway, most humans are going to Jahannam. May Allah protect us.
                  Most humans worship their own desires, blindly follow their ancestors, follow the crowd in order to fit-in, take
                  the easy way out even if it means harming others to save their own skin, and want a free way to Jannah without
                  making effort.
                  *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
                  "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it in a way that I was questioning Allah. These are questions Christians have posted and I'm trying to respond.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X