Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is doubted meat najis?

Salam

Ok so the basic principle is that we assume things to be pure unless we're certain they're najis.

However, what about meat you buy from a shop that claims its halal, but its not HMC certified or anything and you're unsure about whether it's truly halal or not? Do we treat this as najis too? Or do we only assume it's najis if we're sure it's haram?
    Last edited by Slave63; 24-12-15, 09:50 PM.

Re: Is doubted meat najis?

If I could get an answer to this I'd be so thankful.

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam

does anyone know? i'm confused n wondering too...
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
      [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Bump

Comment

Anyone know... anyone....
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�

Comment

[MENTION=113309]Linkdeutscher[/MENTION] [MENTION=82080]nonameakhi[/MENTION] [MENTION=40692]ZeeshanParvez[/MENTION]

Comment

If something is really doubtful, then better to avoid it. I guess you will find below link useful.

https://islamqa.info/en/88206
              Nasheeds By Al-Munshid Muhammad Al-Wahaj

Comment

Najis is not the correct word to use.......

It's dead meat though, that is if it isn't halal. And if you doubt you should leave it as the link above says.
                "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                  Najis is not the correct word to use.......

It's dead meat though, that is if it isn't halal. And if you doubt you should leave it as the link above says.
                  Najis in the sense that haram meat is both unlawful to consume AND ritually impure like urine, stool etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                    [MENTION=113309]Linkdeutscher[/MENTION] [MENTION=82080]nonameakhi[/MENTION] [MENTION=40692]ZeeshanParvez[/MENTION]

:jkk:

Comment

This fatwa clearly answers your question. Check it out. Insha-ALLAH

https://islamqa.info/en/210
                      Nasheeds By Al-Munshid Muhammad Al-Wahaj

Comment

I'm not sure what you are expecting other than the 2 fatwas the brother linked.

Meat which isn't slaughtered properly is haram. If the meat is slaughtered in a country where ritual slaughtering without stunning is against the law then the meat is haram even if it's labeled halal.

If it's halal and slaughtered in a country where halal slaughtering is allowed then you can eat it and say bismillah on it as per the hadith.

thats exactly what the fatwa means.
                        "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Originally posted by muhammadwahaj View Post
                          This fatwa clearly answers your question. Check it out. Insha-ALLAH

https://islamqa.info/en/210

It doesn't but :jkk:

What I'm trying to understand is whether dubious meat (such as chicken meat from a 'halal' shop that isn't HMC certified) is to be treated like blood/urine/stool if it gets onto clothes/skin - I.e. ritually impure, meaning it must be washed off for prayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                            I'm not sure what you are expecting other than the 2 fatwas the brother linked.

Meat which isn't slaughtered properly is haram. If the meat is slaughtered in a country where ritual slaughtering without stunning is against the law then the meat is haram even if it's labeled halal.

If it's halal and slaughtered in a country where halal slaughtering is allowed then you can eat it and say bismillah on it as per the hadith.

thats exactly what the fatwa means.
                            I live in the UK. And I don't remember saying bismillah (May Allah SWT forgive me)

It may not be halal, but do I treat is as ritually impure is what I'm trying to know

Sorry Im not trying to be difficult or anything

Comment

Originally posted by Slave63 View Post
                              I live in the UK. And I don't remember saying bismillah (May Allah SWT forgive me)

It may not be halal, but do I treat is as ritually impure is what I'm trying to know

Sorry Im not trying to be difficult or anything
                              ask a scholar

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X