Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the relationship between knowledge and guidance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the relationship between knowledge and guidance?

I feel like all knowledge I am taking now a days is not really helping me because Allah's guidance is not there. Am I feeling correct?

Re: What is the relationship between knowledge and guidance?

I feel like I'm taking all the ingredients but I'm not able to put them in correct order to produce the correct output

Comment

Originally posted by abcdefghij View Post
      I feel like all knowledge I am taking now a days is not really helping me because Allah's guidance is not there. Am I feeling correct?
      if you are not listening to your whims and searching knowledge through the appropriate means with sincerity with just and fairness,and apply it in your life as much as you can then your heart is on the correct path. Sometimes the correct thing is according to your wish and sometimes its not, it takes guts to accept it, and only Allah gives such a guidance.
      Last edited by Mohamed Mifxal; 24-12-15, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Essentially, the above.

All guidance is from Allah.

But what exactly is it that you're asking? I would think it depends on what you're seeking knowledge on and for what purpose.
        Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
        O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
        We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Note: I am referring to what Qur'an and hadith teach, these are not my own made-up personal views. I will provide references to Qur'an and hadith upon request.

The Qur'an says that it is guidance from Allah, it is a mercy from Allah.

The Qur'an says to obey wisdom and example of Prophet Muhammad :saw:, including his way (sunnah) and commands, it is because of this that it is obligatory for a Muslim ('surrendered,' one who has surrendered his own will to the will and law of the Creator, which includes engaging in repentance out of acknowledging that one has free will and can not attain faith or attain guidance except from Allah and through His permission). So one must follow hadith.

There are hadith that say that hadith are the only commentary of Qur'an allowed, that all other interpretations and opinions about the verses of the Qur'an are a sin.

There are hadith that say that if one dies without having given allegiance to an Imam (scholar, leader, one who has complete knowledge of Islam) then one dies like the days of jahiliya (pre-Islamic times of ignorance).

There are hadith that say that the scholars will become corrupt. There are hadith that say that ignorance will prevail among Muslims, and that because of this Allah will take away the scholars, and that then ignorance and killing among Muslims will increase more and more.

There are hadith that say that Muslims will end up following the ways of those before them (Jews and Christians) inch by inch, even into a lizard hole (possibly meaning lizard brain, limbic brain, and how possibly some Jews might have been made into lizards as a punishment). There are verses in the Qur'an that say that those who go to Hell will go to Hell because they followed the ways of the nations (former peoples) before them.

There are hadith that cover many of the technologies, inventions, events, trends, wars, and problems the world is facing in our times. This is proof that only the sect of Muslims that follow sunnah is the true sect.

There are hadith that say that there will be 72 groups of Muslims, but only the one that follows the ways of the sahaba and Prophet Muhammad :saw: will go to Heaven. There are hadith that says that one main criteria for distinguishing a sincere Muslim from a Muslim who has a characteristic of a hypocrite is having never fought in a jihad (war to defend Muslims being persecuted anywhere in the world) and having never planned to join a jihad.

There are hadith that say that in all matters refer to only the scholars of jihad (those who have participated in a jihad or plan to participate in a jihad and teach others the Qur'an and hadith on the duty and obligation of jihad), that they are the sincere and true few scholars.

There are hadith that say that in the end times there will be two distinct groups in the world, one will be the Muslim believers who have faith and no hypocrisy and the other will be the camp of hypocrisy and no faith. There are many hadith that say that in the end times the Muslim believers will be gathered in the Levant ('ash-Sham,' the Levant, which includes the modern-day countries of Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Israel and the Palestinian territories).
          And when it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "We are only peacemakers." - Surat Al-Baqarah ayah number 11 (Qur'an 2:11).

Comment

You can have all the knowledge in the world and not be guided.

You can have no knowledge and be guided.

You can be an 'aalim and be guided.

You can be a jahil and not be guided.

You want guidance. Simply ask Allah to guide you.
            Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Adam View Post

There are hadith that say that if one dies without having given allegiance to an Imam (scholar, leader, one who has complete knowledge of Islam) then one dies like the days of jahiliya (pre-Islamic times of ignorance).
              just a correction.

The "imam" here is not the scholar or one who has complete knowledge of Islam. What is referred in this hadith is the ameer of muslims. The leader of the ummah, the "caliphate".

Although as you may notice.... we don't really have one right now other than al-baghdadi soo.... if al-baghdadi isn't an imam then who are you going to give allegiance to.

Also I am not sure if the person dies the death of jahiliya if there is no Imam in existence and one only dies in that way if an Imam rules you and you don't give allegiance.
              "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                just a correction.

The "imam" here is not the scholar or one who has complete knowledge of Islam. What is referred in this hadith is the ameer of muslims. The leader of the ummah, the "caliphate".

Although as you may notice.... we don't really have one right now other than al-baghdadi soo.... if al-baghdadi isn't an imam then who are you going to give allegiance to.

Also I am not sure if the person dies the death of jahiliya if there is no Imam in existence and one only dies in that way if an Imam rules you and you don't give allegiance.
                Imam is a leader, there is even a hadith about the last Muslims of the ummah of Prophet Muhammad :saw: and their leader is referred to as 'their Imam.' That 'their Imam' (Imam Madhi) will be about to lead the Fajr prayer in Jerusalem when Prophet Jesus will descend and lead the Fajr prayer and then Masih Dajjal (False Messiah) appears and Prophet Jesus chases him to the gate of Ludd where God kills the Anti-Christ using Jesus spear. The Qur'an says that when you kill someone in jihad, that it is actually Allah killing the person to punish them by hastening the person's exit from this world (the end of desires, and the beginning of the trials and torture of the grave for disbelievers and sinners condemned to Hell and glad tidings of the reward of Heaven and a peek of the life of Heaven for those destined to go to Heaven.

The hadith says one must follow a scholar, an Imam, other hadith says to follow only the scholars of jihad on all matters. The hadith I cited above further shows that the scholar of jihad will be the Imam of the last Muslims of the ummah of Prophet Muhammad :saw:. No matter where one is in the world, they must follow a scholar. The scholar has power of giving fatwa, rulings on decisions related to Islam. Our debate on this issue or any issue relating to Islam is forbidden by the Qur'an. I will simply invite you and others who seek a firm answer on this issue to refer to a scholar, a Mufti, one who can pass laws (fatwa), which are binding upon Muslims, or those Muslims whom have given their pledge of allegiance (oath of following) to him. Allegiance means that he has the power to even send one on a mission to provide assistance to Muslims being oppressed or in economic hardship anywhere duty to the kuffar. There are many hadith about the oppression and economic hardship imposed by the kuffar increasing in the end times, and some Muslims helping the kuffar to even kill other Muslims at that time.

There is also hadith about there being caliphate after Prophet Muhammad :Saw: passes away then kings and then caliphate returning. There is also a hadith that there will be oppressive rulers after Prophet Muhammad :Saw:, and that whoever supports them will not drink from the lake of Prophet Muhammad :Saw: in the hereafter.

You have to follow an Imam for all guidance rather than your own desires and the pick-and-choose religion of Jews and Christians. There is a hadith that says many Muslims will eventually follow the ways of those before them (Jews and Christians) inch by inch, even into a lizard hole (possibly talking about lizard brain, limbic brain, or the hadith about how many Jews might have been turned into lizards as a punishment from Allah, lizard is also characteristic with being impulsive, cold blooded, thick skin, reptilian (as in reptiles or having to do with jinn, as jinn including Satan are capable of transforming into a snake and other reptiles)).
                And when it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "We are only peacemakers." - Surat Al-Baqarah ayah number 11 (Qur'an 2:11).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X