X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Book Release: Ahl Al-Sunna : The Ash'aris

Originally posted by halfmydeen89 View Post
    :salams:
    How do you know Allahs laugh is not metaphorical?
    We do not add/take away words, it says laugh so we say laugh
    The above hadith and many others are clear, even the companions asked the prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم for confirmation, of course at the same time we do not liken Allah to his creation
    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
      Laughs as in metaphorically.

And yes you can't associate a humans laugh to that of Allahs. Allah swt descends and does so and so in a way that is befitting to Him. We can't imagine these things because we are not capable of doing so. When random people like yourself go around and say Allah laughs, what exactly do you imagine? Laughing is what you call 'ahahaha' - and for someone to ascribe this to Allah swt is plain offensive.

Allah swt is not human. He swt does not have human qualities. Laughter is a quality found in human beings, not the ONE who created it.

And no i don't reject hadith (nauthobillah), i just don't take everything literally.

Who associated a human laugh to Allah?

The Hadith says Allah laughs so we affirm that. How he laughs we don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by abufulaans View Post
        We do not add/take away words, it says laugh so we say laugh
        The above hadith and many others are clear, even the companions asked the prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم for confirmation, of course at the same time we do not liken Allah to his creation
        Yes I agree.

Exactly as the early salafs we take it as it is said but do not apply any meaning to it. If Allah says he laughs then Allah laughs BUT it is in His own befitting way subhanahu watala. It obviously isn't as we know it which is why it is better to refrain from mentioning as our minds are incapable of imagining what this means.

while if his desires are stronger than his reason, he is like an animal.

- Ibn Al-Qayyim

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
          It says 15.95 pounds?????
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ahl-al-Sunna...s=ahl+al-sunna
          www.marifah.info

Wahhabis Refuted
          Ash'aris

Comment

Excellent book. Get it.
            My Blog ---> Reflections of the Traveler http://baraka.wordpress.com

Comment

did you get a copy aMuslimForLife?
              www.marifah.info

Wahhabis Refuted
              Ash'aris

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                And you said, we can't describe Allah with laughter because laughter is a human quality.

So does Allah not see? Seeing is a human quality.
                So does Allah not hear? Hearing is a human quality.
                So does Allah not speak? Speaking is a human quality.

So does Allah see with Eye?
                He is all Seeing - without-light/eye/nerves/ brain-limbs/organs.
                So does Allah hear with Ear?
                He is all Hearing without -sound waves/ear/drum/brain-limbs/organs.
                So does Allah speak with a Tongue?
                His speech is necessary and eternal attribute of perfection without -tongue/vocal cord/lung/brain-limbs/organs.

The hadith master Imam al-Bayhaqi
                records that the scribe of Bukhari [Muhammad ibn Yusuf] al-Farabri related that Imam al-Bukhari said, "The meaning of laughter in it is mercy"Can you describe Allah with forgetfulness?

"Today We forget you as you have forgotten this day of yours" (Qur'an 45:34)

Comment

Originally posted by faqir View Post
                  did you get a copy aMuslimForLife?
                  Yes, I did. It is an excellent book.
                  My Blog ---> Reflections of the Traveler http://baraka.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Metome View Post
                    So does Allah see with Eye?
                    He is all Seeing - without-light/eye/nerves/ brain-limbs/organs.
                    So does Allah hear with Ear?
                    He is all Hearing without -sound waves/ear/drum/brain-limbs/organs.
                    So does Allah speak with a Tongue?
                    His speech is necessary and eternal attribute of perfection without -tongue/vocal cord/lung/brain-limbs/organs.

The hadith master Imam al-Bayhaqi
                    records that the scribe of Bukhari [Muhammad ibn Yusuf] al-Farabri related that Imam al-Bukhari said, "The meaning of laughter in it is mercy" (Kitab al-asma’ wa al-sifat, 298).

Can you describe Allah with forgetfulness?

"Today We forget you as you have forgotten this day of yours" (Qur'an 45:34)
                    So what's your problem with Allah laughing if you can accept that he sees and hears?

Because you are a hypocrite who bases his deen on the heretic Aristotle's ideas.
                    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

• Interesting thread.

But 16 euros even now.

I don't think religious information should be monetized. One of the reasons Salafi dawah has been successful is because of tremendous funding of the Saudi government.

If the Ashari scholars want to win, the information should be freely available.

Comment

• Linkdeutscher are you still Zahiri?

Comment

• Originally posted by SwordofKhaine View Post
                          Linkdeutscher are you still Zahiri?
                          When was I? Or do you mean Athari?
                          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                            When was I? Or do you mean Athari?
                            Aren't they similar in how they interpret Quran?

Okay so are you athari then?

Comment

• Originally posted by SwordofKhaine View Post

Aren't they similar in how they interpret Quran?

Okay so are you athari then?
                              Zahiri generally refers to the fiqhi madhhab known as Zahirriyah.

Yeah I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post

Zahiri generally refers to the fiqhi madhhab known as Zahirriyah.

Yeah I am.
                                Huh. Okay.

You were quite the firebrand before. You seem calmer now.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X