Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Book Release: Ahl Al-Sunna : The Ash'aris

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
    Anything which has a Jism moves in this world. The Ash'aris take this concept and say if we say Allah moves than that means He has a Jism. Since when was that applicable? Allah isn't like anything. If we accept that He said that He moves from one place to another why does the concept of a Jism hold for Him? Just because we see that in this world if something moves it has a Jism?
    Is there any difference between Allah having a Jism and Allah having a form? Cause we will see Allah clearly as we see the moon.
    Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is also reported to have said: “He who is very hasty and so bold as to pass verdicts is also bold in taking the path towards hell

Comment

Originally posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post
      Soon enough the next book will be called, Ahlus Sunnah: The barelvis, and then, the sequel, Ahlus Sunnah: The Ahmadiyyas
      And finally: United in Faith, One path to God: Islam, Christianity and Judaism
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Alhamdulillah the book is finally out - visit www.sunnipubs.com for details.
        www.marifah.info

Wahhabis Refuted
        Ash'aris

Comment

Originally posted by junaid123 View Post
          Is there any difference between Allah having a Jism and Allah having a form? Cause we will see Allah clearly as we see the moon.
          Allah does not have a jism or a form.

30. The believers shall see Allah on the Day of Resurrection just as they see the full moon on the nights when it rises. They will not be unfairly deprived of seeing Him.
          31. They will see Him without encompassment (ihata) nor delimitation (tahdid) within any given limit (hadd), whether from the front, the back, above, below, right, or left. ...
          www.marifah.info

Wahhabis Refuted
          Ash'aris

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyamah View Post
            What's not beautiful about this interpretation? [1] His mercy, command and angels descend; (t: just as we can say in English ‘the King made this town’, i.e. he commissioned for the town to be made, though the workers were the ones who actually did the job)

[2] It is a metaphor for His gentleness to those making supplication (i.e. at that time of night) and His answering them.

Do you also take this ayah not as beautiful since scholars interpret it as angels being close to our jugular veins? And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein Qur'an 50:16

His angels are nearer to man than his jugular vein. Those who explained `We' in the Ayah to mean `Our knowledge,' have done so to avoid falling into the idea of incarnation or indwelling; but these two creeds are false according to the consensus of Muslims. Allah is praised and glorified, He is far hallowed beyond what they ascribe to Him. The words of this Ayah do not need this explanation (that `We' refers to `Allah's knowledge'), for Allah did not say, `and I am closer to him than his jugular vein.' http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...730&Itemid=106
            ===

I still find the hadith beautiful that Allah is more likely to grant your dua in that part of the night or sends down His angels..but Allah personally coming down sounds so wrong.... how can you interpret it as that but one thing you can do is to take the hadith as it is without confirming it metaphorically or literally like the salaf did, they didn't delve into it, they said they accept it as what Allah means by it , please be careful on what you ascribe to Allah, if you are wrong about what you say regarding Allah, then hell is your residence... .. do you also think Allah runs, laughs etc as hadiths state? those you have to use interpret metaphorically because it's kufr to take literally according to Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah.
            Because it's a deviant interpretation and a lie upon the Lord of the heavens invented by the neo jahmis.

And yes, Allah DOES LAUGH. Unlike neo jahmis we Ahlus Sunnah believe in an alive Lord, a Lord who laughs, gets angry, smiles, loves, gets shy etc. Unlike neo jahmis we actually believe in Allah.
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
              Because it's a deviant interpretation and a lie upon the Lord of the heavens invented by the neo jahmis.

And yes, Allah DOES LAUGH. Unlike neo jahmis we Ahlus Sunnah believe in an alive Lord, a Lord who laughs, gets angry, smiles, loves, gets shy etc. Unlike neo jahmis we actually believe in Allah.
              Not befitting for you to say Allah laughs.

Thats an insult, even the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) was never seen to laugh (only smiled and showed his teeth when he was extremely happy) and here you are ascribing laughter (you know what laughter is - loud ahahaha) to Allah, the Lord of the world? The creator of the universe and everything that dwells within? He (swt) is unlike His creation.

And yes too much laughter is from shaytan. We as muslims need to have adab and athlaaq and are advised not to laugh because such act is not befitting for a mu'min. You want proof..that fine just look at the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) and our pious predecessors for example.
              Last edited by Peony.; 15-01-16, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
                Not befitting for you to say Allah laughs.

Thats an insult, even the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) was never seen to laugh (only smiled and showed his teeth when he was extremely happy) and here you are ascribing laughter (you know what laughter is - loud ahahaha) to Allah, the Lord of the world? The creator of the universe and everything that dwells within? He (swt) is unlike His creation.

And yes too much laughter is from shaytan. We as muslims need to have adab and athlaaq and are advised not to laugh because such act is not befitting for a mu'min. You want proof..that fine just look at the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) and our pious predecessors for example.
                There are hadith's which say Allah laughs
                Allah's laugh is not like ours, but we still say Allah laughs, or shall we be like those who reject the meaning of such ahadith?
                ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Originally posted by faqir View Post
                  Alhamdulillah the book is finally out - visit www.sunnipubs.com for details.
                  It says 15.95 pounds?????
                  Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by abufulaans View Post
                    There are hadith's which say Allah laughs
                    Allah's laugh is not like ours, but we still say Allah laughs, or shall we be like those who reject the meaning of such ahadith?
                    Laughs as in metaphorically.

And yes you can't associate a humans laugh to that of Allahs. Allah swt descends and does so and so in a way that is befitting to Him. We can't imagine these things because we are not capable of doing so. When random people like yourself go around and say Allah laughs, what exactly do you imagine? Laughing is what you call 'ahahaha' - and for someone to ascribe this to Allah swt is plain offensive.

Allah swt is not human. He swt does not have human qualities. Laughter is a quality found in human beings, not the ONE who created it.

And no i don't reject hadith (nauthobillah), i just don't take everything literally.

Comment

• Re: New Book Release: Ahl Al-Sunna : The Ash'aris

Laughs as in metaphorically.

And yes you can't associate a humans laugh to that of Allahs. Allah swt descends and does so and so in a way that is befitting to Him. We can't imagine these things because we are not capable of doing so. When random people like yourself go around and say Allah laughs, what exactly do you imagine? Laughing is what you call 'ahahaha' - and for someone to ascribe this to Allah swt is plain offensive.

Allah swt is not human. He swt does not have human qualities. Laughter is a quality found in human beings, not the ONE who created it.

And no i don't reject hadith (nauthobillah), i just don't take everything literally.
                      :salams

Who told you Allah's laugh is metahphorical?

Where did you get this interpretation from?

Prophet :saw:?
                      Sahaba ra.a
                      Salaf?

What is your source of this statement?

You said Allah is not human, and thus he can't laugh because humans laugh.

So going by that logic, Allah doesn't hear and see either? Because humans hear and see? And Allah obviously doesn't speak either, since humans speak.

Stick to your logic and answer both questions.

Comment

Where did you get this interpretation from?

Prophet :saw:?
                        Sahaba ra.a
                        Salaf?

What is your source of this statement?

You said Allah is not human, and thus he can't laugh because humans laugh.

So going by that logic, Allah doesn't hear and see either? Because humans hear and see? And Allah obviously doesn't speak either, since humans speak.

Stick to your logic and answer both questions.
                        How could you associate laughter to Allah? Thats disturbing. Even the Prophet. (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) never laughed. And yes there are a few hadith whereby they speak of the prophet laughing - his laugh was a smile!

We see with our eyes, we hear with our ears and we speak with our mouths/tongues, does that mean Allah swt has such?

Laughter does not mean 'ahaha' it could be a smile, etc.The hadiths that describe the prophet laughing weren't literal were they?

Anyways no point in arguing with you, clearly our Aqidah is not the same.

Comment

How could you associate laughter to Allah? Thats disturbing. Even the Prophet. (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) never laughed. And yes there are a few hadith whereby they speak of the prophet laughing - his laugh was a smile!

We see with our eyes, we hear with our ears and we speak with our mouths/tongues, does that mean Allah swt has such?

Laughter does not mean 'ahaha' it could be a smile, etc.The hadiths that describe the prophet laughing weren't literal were they?

Anyways no point in arguing with you, clearly our Aqidah is not the same.
                          Good job on completely dodging the other half. Well obviously you couldn't have responded to that, you dug your own grave.
                          You didn't answer the first question either, i.e where you got that from.
                          And the disturbing one is you, not I. I associate what Allah and his messenger :saw: have described Him with. You are disturbing because you consider what Allah and his messenger :saw: have said about Him to be disturbing because of your own desires and logic.

I believe in a Lord who laughs, Subhanallah.

Comment

Good job on completely dodging the other half. Well obviously you couldn't have responded to that, you dug your own grave.
                            You didn't answer the first question either, i.e where you got that from.
                            And the disturbing one is you, not I. I associate what Allah and his messenger :saw: have described Him with. You are disturbing because you consider what Allah and his messenger :saw: have said about Him to be disturbing because of your own desires and logic.

I believe in a Lord who laughs, Subhanallah.
                            I'm not dodging, i just don't find the point in arguing with people like yourself. We've given our proofs many times, and if you have turned a blind eye on them how is that exactly my fault?

Yeh...i don't really care what you believe in link. May Allah swt guide you.

Comment

I'm not dodging, i just don't find the point in arguing with people like yourself. We've given our proofs many times, and if you have turned a blind eye on them how is that exactly my fault?

May Allah swt guide you.
                              Now you are just backing out.

You didn't tell me where you got the bit that Allah's laugh is 'metaphorical', i.e is it from the Prophet :saw:, his companions RA.A or the salaf?

Or is it the Greeks?

And you said, we can't describe Allah with laughter because laughter is a human quality.

So does Allah not see? Seeing is a human quality.
                              So does Allah not hear? Hearing is a human quality.
                              So does Allah not speak? Speaking is a human quality.

Obviously you have no reply to this, thus your backing out.

Anyway to end this, let's see how disturbing the Messenger of Allah :saw: is (na'oothu billah min zaliq)

"The Messenger of Allah said: 'Allah laughs at the despair of His slaves although He soon changes it.' I said: 'O Messenger of Allah, does the Lord laugh?' He said: 'Yes.' I said: 'We shall never be deprived of good by a Lord Who laughs.'"
                              [Sunan ibn Majah, Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 181]

Comment

:salams:
                                How do you know Allahs laugh is not metaphorical?
                                Last edited by halfmydeen89; 16-01-16, 01:18 AM.

while if his desires are stronger than his reason, he is like an animal.

- Ibn Al-Qayyim

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X