X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sharing good dream and need dua

Originally posted by vildan View Post
    Salams ukhti.

I advise you not to share your good dreams with anyone, especially on public. You can get evil eye, jealousy, etc. We don't know peoples intentions whilst they read things like this.

I have also had many and whilst i shared my dreams with my friends, etc (only close people but still a very bad choice) its been the worst mistake i've made in life and i can't explain to you the regret i live everyday because of it.

So for the sake of your own good, i advise you not to share this with anyone but your immediate family (husband, etc).
    Assalamu alaikum

I appreciate your concern BarakAllahu feeki but are we not supposed to share good dreams?
    They say you contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
    And they don't mind contradicting the Furqan

I contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
    For you have contradicted the one who came with the Qur'an

Comment

Originally posted by ummsayfullah View Post
      Assalamu alaikum

I appreciate your concern BarakAllahu feeki but are we not supposed to share good dreams?
      Wa alaykum assalam ukhti.

I guess your dream isn't so intense so it may be fine, it may not be.

But i'll tell you straight up now that i still cry over my pain almost everyday and it has been years.

I wish i could explain to you what i mean, but thats not the right thing to do. Perhaps in due time you will learn yourself,in shaa Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
        Its been a while akhi since this has happened but i am still saddened everyday over it. One regret can leave you in pain for the rest of your life.

Yes thats right akhi. Its best we don't share personal info with anyone, because the evil eye and jealousy is really widespread nowadays.

Although its not just about the evil eye, theres other factors to it which i won't mention.
        Alhamdulilah it's gone but as Muslims we don't believe or atleast certainly shouldn't dwell on regrets. The very fact that we realised our mistake and have regret is a huge blessing by which Allah opens our eyes, allows us to repent and become purer and more polished because of it.

It's only a truly regretfull and sad calamity if it takes you further away from Allah, our response of patience and perserverance is crucial as this is what counts in the akhirah even when the calamity in this dunya has long gone.

If's/'could have'/'should have' are from the shaythan so we must really try to make the best of every situation. Who knows, had we not been reminded of Allah by the painful calamity that reached us, we could have been in a much worse situation right now.

while if his desires are stronger than his reason, he is like an animal.

- Ibn Al-Qayyim

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ

Comment

Assalamu alaikum

sister i think you should share your good dream with your trusted friends and relatives, not with others. Really I think you should ask mods to hide this thread

JazakAllah
          Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by halfmydeen89 View Post
            Alhamdulilah it's gone but as Muslims we don't believe or atleast certainly shouldn't dwell on regrets. The very fact that we realised our mistake and have regret is a huge blessing by which Allah opens our eyes, allows us to repent and become purer and more polished because of it.

It's only a truly regretfull and sad calamity if it takes you further away from Allah, our response of patience and perserverance is crucial as this is what counts in the akhirah even when the calamity in this dunya has long gone.

If's/'could have'/'should have' are from the shaythan so we must really try to make the best of every situation. Who knows, had we not been reminded of Allah by the painful calamity that reached us, we could have been in a much worse situation right now.
            I know you said don't dwell on regrets but i really can't explain to you the amount of weight these dreams had on me. And i loved them to pieces. I shared them because i couldnt bear the intensity of it, and i needed someone to take the weight off my shoulders. But its the worst decision i've made. It only added to the weight on my shoulders. To carry this weight everyday is unbearable at times, and i think you'd only understand if you lived it. I can't help not regretting it.

Thanks for the advice, i'll try my best to take it in, in shaa Allah.
            Last edited by Peony.; 22-12-15, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Assalamu alaikum

Only with the ones you love. Or a scholar or one who gives good advice.

Not everyone here falls into those categories.
              Watch those eyes

Comment

Didn't the Prophet salAllahu alayhi w sallam say to share your good dreams?

I do my morning and evening adhkar daily and I think you Should do your adhkar with full yaqeen because there was one sahabi an I can't recall who but people came up to him and said your house has caught fire and burnt down..and then he said no Allah protected it because he did his adhkaar (a specific dua from the morning and evening one but can't recall which one it was) so then he went and saw that nothing happened to his house. Yani he was so sure that Allah will safeguard his house

That's how I feel but maybe I'm wrong Allahu a'lam

Comment

Last edited by ummsayfullah; 22-12-15, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                    Only with the ones you love. Or a scholar or one who gives good advice.

Not everyone here falls into those categories.
                    Allahul musta'an.

Comment

Last edited by Peony.; 22-12-15, 09:41 PM.

Comment

SubhanAllah so I shouldn't share dreams of shuhadaa either

Thought it would motivate others.

Should I remove all the dreams then?

Comment

SubhanAllah so I shouldn't share dreams of shuhadaa either

Thought it would motivate others.

Should I remove all the dreams then?
                          Yes.
                          Watch those eyes

Comment

Narrated Abu Salama:

I used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard Abu Qatada saying, "I too, used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "A good dream is from Allah, so if anyone of you saw a dream which he liked, he should not tell it to anybody except to the one whom he loves, and if he saw a dream which he disliked, then he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of Satan, and spit three times (on his left) and should not tell it to anybody, for it will not harm him. "

حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدُ بْنُ الرَّبِيعِ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ عَبْدِ رَبِّهِ بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا سَلَمَةَ، يَقُولُ لَقَدْ كُنْتُ أَرَى الرُّؤْيَا فَتُمْرِضُنِي حَتَّى سَمِعْتُ أَبَا قَتَادَةَ يَقُولُ وَأَنَا كُنْتُ لأَرَى الرُّؤْيَا تُمْرِضُنِي، حَتَّى سَمِعْتُ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ الرُّؤْيَا الْحَسَنَةُ مِنَ اللَّهِ، فَإِذَا رَأَى أَحَدُكُمْ مَا يُحِبُّ فَلاَ يُحَدِّثْ بِهِ إِلاَّ مَنْ يُحِبُّ، وَإِذَا رَأَى مَا يَكْرَهُ فَلْيَتَعَوَّذْ بِاللَّهِ مِنْ شَرِّهَا، وَمِنْ شَرِّ الشَّيْطَانِ وَلْيَتْفِلْ ثَلاَثًا وَلاَ يُحَدِّثْ بِهَا أَحَدًا فَإِنَّهَا لَنْ تَضُرَّهُ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 7044
                            Watch those eyes

Comment

Uqsim billah I am telling you the truth and Allah is Witness.

Why are you doubting btw?
                              you really swear by Allah? okay then I leave it to Allah

any sect or anyone can claim a dream as you know it. from Paul of Tartassus to Tahirul Qadri to woo woo Sufis and some other cults. sometimes they're telling truth but satan dupes them. it's almost like the oldest trick in the book and I'm getting tired of it. claim to see some divine dreams to justify whatever their actions. almost no-brain way.
                              :GB_bonesrock:
                              And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
                                you really swear by Allah? okay then I leave it to Allah

any sect or anyone can claim a dream as you know it. from Paul of Tartassus to Tahirul Qadri to woo woo Sufis and some other cults. sometimes they're telling truth but satan dupes them. it's almost like the oldest trick in the book and I'm getting tired of it. claim to see some divine dreams to justify whatever their actions. almost no-brain way.
                                Itaqillah, I already swore by Allah, like do you not understand the seriousness when I swear to Allah azza w jal? You should provide proof If you believe that I'm lying.

If I was lying I would have made up the "details" but look at the wisdom behind me not remember anything! As Allah says He has prepared something for the believes which no eyes have ever seen.

Try to think positively of your brothers and sisters in sha Allah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X