Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It made me wonder what's wrong with me..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It made me wonder what's wrong with me..

today something happened which made me more sad than astonished. There is a friend (lets name him 'A') and whenever I talk to him on phone through messaging, it feels as if he is not interested in talking with me and the conversation dies out soon. But today my another friend(lets call him 'B') who is really easy going and friend of many people and quite social in his limited circle, talked to friend A using my phone and pretended as if he is me! And what do I see? Friend A is replying quite cheerfully to Friend B's text messages and the conversation is going on so well... It made me wonder what's wrong with me... Why can't I hold the same good conversation and come across as a nice guy friendly guy? :(

Re: It made me wonder what's wrong with me..

Originally posted by abcdefghij View Post
    today something happened which made me more sad than astonished. There is a friend (lets name him 'A') and whenever I talk to him on phone through messaging, it feels as if he is not interested in talking with me and the conversation dies out soon. But today my another friend(lets call him 'B') who is really easy going and friend of many people and quite social in his limited circle, talked to friend A using my phone and pretended as if he is me! And what do I see? Friend A is replying quite cheerfully to Friend B's text messages and the conversation is going on so well... It made me wonder what's wrong with me... Why can't I hold the same good conversation and come across as a nice guy friendly guy? :(
    Asalaamu aleykum,

Brother, perhaps friend A was just not in the mood to talk that day. His response may be more of a reflection of his mood rather than your personality or lack thereof.
    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Who needs friends. If they're your friends for the sake of Allah then stay close to them. Otherwise it doesn't really matter. More friends will come your way but you should always stay close to friends that are wanting jannah. Find better friends. I've learned you only need your faith and that's it. Friends are meaningless unless both of you desire a bright akhirah. May Allah guide us all.
      Last edited by Umar Ibn Farooq; 20-12-15, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Why can't I hold the same good conversation and come across as a nice guy friendly guy? :(
        My theory would be that B is an extrovert and leads the conversation easily, whereas both you and A are introverted, meaning no-one really takes initiative to keep the conversation up. You need atleast one person to carry the conversation.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X