Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam and Imaan - confused

:salams

sorry for the bad title, but I could not think of any better.

Soo, I know Allah made the universe etc. But my confusion is with "time". Allah created Time itself...

So how do I know how long it took for Allah to initiate the big bang, when there was no time? Cause time itself, started with big bang..

Man I am confused. lol. :D

Please make dua for me. :jkk:
    La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
    (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
    Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Re: Islam and Imaan - confused

What?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      What?
      LOOL

I mean, since Allah created time itself. Would it be safe to assume, that Allah initated the big bang, instantly? Cause there was no time to dictate the length..
      La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
      (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'

Comment

:wswrwb:
        http://islamqa.info/en/13741
        Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
          LOOL

I mean, since Allah created time itself. Would it be safe to assume, that Allah initated the big bang, instantly? Cause there was no time to dictate the length..
          Where does it say Allah initiated a big bang?
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
            Where does it say Allah initiated a big bang?
            Well Allah started the universe..

What I am saying is, before the beginning of the Universe... The time between that and the beginning?

I know it took 6 days or so to MAKE the universe. 1 day being however many years. Allah knows best.

But the time between before the beginning of the Universe to the start?
            Last edited by Serinity; 20-12-15, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
              Well Allah started the universe..

What I am saying is, before the beginning of the Universe... The time between that and the beginning?

I know it took 6 days or so to MAKE the universe. 1 day being however many years. Allah knows best.

But the time between before the beginning of the Universe to the start?
              Time is a creation of Allah :D. Allah can do anything brother :)
              Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
                Time is a creation of Allah :D. Allah can do anything brother :)
                I think what is confusing me is that I am thinking in the passage of time... When Allah created time itself.. I cannot comphrehend how time can be nonexistent...

Perhaps I am wrong, but if I was to think of a place with no time... Maaaaan this is confusing lol.

I will just believe in Allah. In shaa' Allah it will be accepted.. Tho I don't understand the concept of nonexistent time.

Comment

I believe time must have existed before our universe began to exist. See for instance this hadith:
                  I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: Allah ordained the measures (of quality) of the creation fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth, as His Throne was upon water.
                  http://sunnah.com/muslim/46/27
                  Last edited by quark; 20-12-15, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I'm confused about the title in relation to the content.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                      His question is related to Iman though, so it's not a misleading title. He said that he wasn't sure what the best title would be.

Comment

Originally posted by quark View Post
                        His question is related to Iman though, so it's not a misleading title. He said that he wasn't sure what the best title would be.
                        Everything is related to imaan. -_-

How about something along the lines of 'the concept of time before the universe existed'...

Comment

Seek refuge with Allah from the accursed. He is probably toying with you.

And lower yourself to Allah and know what there are things you will not know or even understand about the ghayb. So just leave it.

Comment

I believe time must have existed before our universe began to exist. See for instance this hadith:

http://sunnah.com/muslim/46/27
                            I see. :jkk:
                            Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                            I kinda understand your confusion. I had no better title. lol.

So the 'universe time' started from the beginning? I thought time was created the moment the universe was... Hmmm.

I seek refuge within Allah from the accursed shaytaan.
                            Last edited by Serinity; 20-12-15, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I do not understand what you mean by 'created time' and 'non-existent time'. Time is a measurement.

?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X