- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Re: Celebrating Christmas is the HIGHEST form of blasphemy

Inb4 the soofis
      http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

y would a muslim celebrate a christmas?
        Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Tell that to tahir al-padri
          http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

By the way, 25th december is not even Jesus's birthday.

http://www.history.com/topics/christ...y-of-christmas

Orthodox church has a different date:
            http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/...-christmas-day

From orthodox wiki:

"Though Jesus' birth is celebrated on December 25, most scholars agree that it is unlikely he was actually born on this date. The choice of December 25 for the Church's celebration of the Nativity is most likely to have been in order to squelch attendance at pagan solstice festivals falling on the same day."

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Nativity

And here folks is the all important link:

But as early as 273 AD, Western Christians had decided on December 25 to celebrate the birth of Jesus. The December date for the holiday probably arose from a desire to provide an alternative to the Roman "birthday of the unconquered sun" and the Persian birthday of Mithras, both of which were celebrated on or around the winter solstice.

http://www.religionfacts.com/christmas

Just like many other aspects of christianity, practices were adhered not because it was what Isa(A) taught but what the Romans desired to include in the religion. A habit that is carried on onto the modern age. Best remember that when talking to christians.
            Last edited by Spicen; 19-12-15, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I do not celebrate Xmas but I did purchase a box of Xmas charity cards for my daughter, who distributed to her friends. I don't buy presents.

Comment

I wonder if yoi can accept presents?

Couldnt listen to the vid properly so if he said it my bad
                [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Never heard of a muslim demonstration against Christmas. Cant be that concerning to the ummah.

Comment

I have heard of muslims buying christmas trees and putting lights on their houses. Some people are just too desperate for acceptance.
                    Last edited by obaid_m; 19-12-15, 07:40 PM.
                    Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Well, I don't do christmas.

But I do buy stuff when it gets cheap.
                      La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                      (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                      Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                        I wonder if yoi can accept presents?

Couldnt listen to the vid properly so if he said it my bad
                        I thought you could? Have not watched the video.

My kids got presents from their grandparents as they are non muslims, they also give us cards even though they know we don't celebrate xmas and won't get any presents back.

Comment

Originally posted by lunar View Post
                          I do not celebrate Xmas but I did purchase a box of Xmas charity cards for my daughter, who distributed to her friends. I don't buy presents.
                          I made sure to get Season greeting cards where there is no mention of Xmas on it and distributed to his class friends

Comment

Yaa Allah thank you for this.
                            Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by *Sweety* View Post
                              I thought you could? Have not watched the video.

My kids got presents from their grandparents as they are non muslims, they also give us cards even though they know we don't celebrate xmas and won't get any presents back.
                              Thirdly:
                              With regard to accepting a gift from a kaafir on the day of his festival, there is nothing wrong with that, and that is not regarded as participating in it or approving of it, rather it should be accepted as an act of kindness, with the aim of softening his heart and calling him to Islam. Allaah has permitted kindness and fair treatment towards the kaafir who is not fighting the Muslims, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
                              “Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity”
                              [al-Mumtahanah 60:8]
                              But kindness and fair treatment does not mean friendship and love, because it is not permitted to take a kaafir as a friend or love him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
                              “You (O Muhammad) will not find any people who believe in Allaah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allaah and His Messenger (Muhammad), even though they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred (people). For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Rooh (proofs, light and true guidance) from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens (Paradise) under which rivers flow, to dwell therein (forever). Allaah is pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the party of Allaah. Verily, it is the party of Allaah that will be the successful”
                              [al-Mujaadilah 58:22]
                              “O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists) as friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth”
                              [al-Mumtahanah 60:1]
                              “O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitaanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse. Indeed We have made plain to you the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses) if you understand”
                              [Aal ‘Imraan 3:118]
                              “And incline not toward those who do wrong, lest the Fire should touch you, and you have no protectors other than Allaah, nor you would then be helped”
                              [Hood 12:113]
                              “O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them. Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust)”
                              [al-Maa’idah 5:51]
                              and there is other evidence which indicates that it is haraam to take a kaafir as a friend or love him.....
                              http://islamqa.info/en/85108

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X