Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
    you still did'nt get it, read it again
    Right after you send me a thanks.

Leave a comment:

• GoogleSlayer
    replied
    Re: How to disprove Christian arguments against Islam

Originally posted by Serada View Post
    I reread number 40, and you still should be thanking me of correcting a misconception of using Solomon example in the Bible in an argument with Christians about multiple marriages. It would have lead to an embarrassing moment for anyone who followed that advice.
    you still did'nt get it, read it again

Leave a comment:

• Serada
    replied

read post 40 again
    I reread number 40, and you still should be thanking me of correcting a misconception of using Solomon example in the Bible in an argument with Christians about multiple marriages. It would have lead to an embarrassing moment for anyone who followed that advice.

Leave a comment:

• dgpeters
    replied

I've read #40 multiple times....where is the point in a forum where that seems to be the primary accepted answer??????? Can anyone guide me towards a site for discussion. This topic is of interest, but I am seeking allowable discussion. Some may sneak in some bashing, or it may be just Christians voicing the truth. Any other faith, Mormon, Muslim, etc would defend and point out the apparent inaccuracies, as they believe their faith is the right one, no?

Leave a comment:

• GoogleSlayer
    replied

This thread is about debating with Christians, and the suggestion of using Solomom example from the Bible to support the idea of having multiple wives is allowd is a bad idea and a warning not to use it against a Christian argument. He and everyone reading the suggestion needed to be warned before using it in an argument against a Christian. It has nothing to do with Islam vs. Christianity, but warning that using Solomon example proves the Christian argument of not having multiple wives.

You should be thanking me that I took time and enlightened people the fault of that argument before using it on real life on Christians and be embaresed by it.
    read post 40 again

Leave a comment:

• quark
    replied

One thing I wonder is when a christian is confronted with something like stoning the adulterer, all the verses related to war, etc, they will say that it's abrogated now since they only follow the new testament. Fair enough I suppose, but how do they get away from the fact that it was still their God who commanded this? Even if they don't have to carry it now, then their God(which they equate with Jesus) still commanded it to be carried out at some point in history. That's why I think christians who make their religion to be about peace and love only don't have any ground to stand on, even with the abrogation part, unless they start to deny the authenticity of the old testament all together.

Leave a comment:

• Serada
    replied

This is a thread by op to suggest him tips on debating with christians, If you are so interested in debating islam vs christianity than go to a muslim mufti. As comparative religion is closed due to nonmuslims who would in a sneaky way bash islam and our religious personalities
    This thread is about debating with Christians, and the suggestion of using Solomom example from the Bible to support the idea of having multiple wives is allowd is a bad idea and a warning not to use it against a Christian argument. He and everyone reading the suggestion needed to be warned before using it in an argument against a Christian. It has nothing to do with Islam vs. Christianity, but warning that using Solomon example proves the Christian argument of not having multiple wives.

You should be thanking me that I took time and enlightened people the fault of that argument before using it on real life on Christians and be embaresed by it.

Leave a comment:

• dgpeters
    replied

since im not banned lol

Leave a comment:

• dgpeters
    replied

I see the point, ok, my misunderstanding on the forum, until such forum is reopened, I will just quietly watch this forum as it is of interest. God Bless

Leave a comment:

• dgpeters
    replied

It is fairly easy for us as well. We believe in the one God with 3 nature, as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is without limitation, therefore this poses no problem for us. God's first institution and repeated emphasis on family is such, that through the virgin Mary (who was no slave), was the means to bring the Holy Saviour Jesus Christ (God as infant) into the world. He submitted to his human parents, and in doing so was the perfect example of family, never sinning, and dying a human death for his creation. Only God himself could be offered as the perfect sacrifice to atone for the sins of the entire world.

Leave a comment:

• GoogleSlayer
    replied

One who in time went against Gods instructions, committed several sins, and was punished by God in the end.
    This is a thread by op to suggest him tips on debating with christians, If you are so interested in debating islam vs christianity than go to a muslim mufti. As comparative religion is closed due to nonmuslims who would in a sneaky way bash islam and our religious personalities

Leave a comment:

• Akhdar
    replied

lol bro i was not threatening you i was asking that peter guy to stop debating ie islam vs christianity as this is a topic of comparative religion and we should not discuss it here
    A simple misunderstanding then brother. Sorry

Leave a comment:

• GoogleSlayer
    replied

Originally posted by dgpeters View Post
    I will take my blame in this, as I'm generating the response, but certainly no threats required. I am new to ummah.com. I am not quite clear, is there a ban on Christians in this forum? Am I not permitted to disprove the ways to disprove Christianity. Surely it is appropriate to discuss how to do so. Regards
    there is no ban on christians on this forum. However debates such as islam vs christianity arre part of comparative religion section. But that section is locked as of now.

This thread is about a brother asking how we should debate with christians, he is asking for tips to debate with christians. He is not asking christians on this forum to debate with him, or he should not do it if he is doing it

Leave a comment:

• GoogleSlayer
    replied

Originally posted by Akhdar View Post
    As-salamu aleykum

1. Brother, you are not a moderator
    2. This is the first "warning" you have made
    3. Why are you threatening me with a ban. You could have just notified me that I'm going against the forum rules and that's it. No threats needed.
    lol bro i was not threatening you i was asking that peter guy to stop debating ie islam vs christianity as this is a topic of comparative religion and we should not discuss it here

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X