Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to disprove Christian arguments against Islam

Originally posted by dgpeters View Post
    Oh I see. I suppose it would be helpful if I knew the full argument. If Mohammed were being glorified for having many wives, I could see Christians pointing there is no double standard as Solomon wasn't glorified but punished, whereas if Mohammed were harshly dealt with for having multiple wives in the Kuran, that example could be used in relevance. I admit I don't know the book cover to cover, but as far as I'm aware, Allah doesn't disapprove of this
    you can talk about islam and christianity in comparative religion section but that is closed as kafirs were taking jibes at islam in a sneaky matter. Stop posting here or i will report you and get you banned. Take it my last warning [MENTION=108663]Akhdar[/MENTION] plz do not talk about islam vs christianity as that can only be discussed in comparative religion
    Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
      you can talk about islam and christianity in comparative religion section but that is closed as kafirs were taking jibes at islam in a sneaky matter. [B]Stop posting here or i will report you and get you banned.[/B] Take it my last warning [MENTION=108663]Akhdar[/MENTION] plz do not talk about islam vs christianity as that can only be discussed in comparative religion
      As-salamu aleykum

1. Brother, you are not a moderator
      2. This is the first "warning" you have made
      3. Why are you threatening me with a ban. You could have just notified me that I'm going against the forum rules and that's it. No threats needed.
      Documentin operssion against muslims
      Memorization methods for the Qur'an
      Learn arabic for free
      IOU - free courses, SeekersHub - free courses
      sunnah.com

Comment

Originally posted by Akhdar View Post
        But he was still a prophet according to the Bible. More verses about polygamy can also be found.
        One who in time went against Gods instructions, committed several sins, and was punished by God in the end.

Comment

it is fairly easy. We believe there is no God except Allah, One and Only without any partners.

Jesus AS is son of Maryam, and Maryam is a slave and servant of Allah.

Period.
          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
          Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

You shouldn't debate people for the sake of debating or for the sake of winning. Christians and us have a lot in common so focus on that and explain to them that they ought to complete their imaan in the whole deen by accepting RasoolAllah :saw: and acknowledging that Eesa alayhissalaam ain''t God and by also focusing on the oneness of Allah. And you can admit that you don't know the answer, you don't have to be right right right.

Khalas.

That said, i like Christians of all people tbh, probably coz i work with them and they are very understanding of deen and salah etc. Better than people who have no sense of deen.

I want to ask actually, who is better, an agnostic or a christian?

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
            The children need your prayers more than anyone else
            -------------------------------------------------------
            www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I will take my blame in this, as I'm generating the response, but certainly no threats required. I am new to ummah.com. I am not quite clear, is there a ban on Christians in this forum? Am I not permitted to disprove the ways to disprove Christianity. Surely it is appropriate to discuss how to do so. Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Akhdar View Post
                As-salamu aleykum

1. Brother, you are not a moderator
                2. This is the first "warning" you have made
                3. Why are you threatening me with a ban. You could have just notified me that I'm going against the forum rules and that's it. No threats needed.
                lol bro i was not threatening you i was asking that peter guy to stop debating ie islam vs christianity as this is a topic of comparative religion and we should not discuss it here
                Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by dgpeters View Post
                  I will take my blame in this, as I'm generating the response, but certainly no threats required. I am new to ummah.com. I am not quite clear, is there a ban on Christians in this forum? Am I not permitted to disprove the ways to disprove Christianity. Surely it is appropriate to discuss how to do so. Regards
                  there is no ban on christians on this forum. However debates such as islam vs christianity arre part of comparative religion section. But that section is locked as of now.

This thread is about a brother asking how we should debate with christians, he is asking for tips to debate with christians. He is not asking christians on this forum to debate with him, or he should not do it if he is doing it

Comment

lol bro i was not threatening you i was asking that peter guy to stop debating ie islam vs christianity as this is a topic of comparative religion and we should not discuss it here
                    A simple misunderstanding then brother. Sorry
                    Documentin operssion against muslims
                    Memorization methods for the Qur'an
                    Learn arabic for free
                    IOU - free courses, SeekersHub - free courses
                    sunnah.com

Comment

Originally posted by Serada View Post
                      One who in time went against Gods instructions, committed several sins, and was punished by God in the end.
                      This is a thread by op to suggest him tips on debating with christians, If you are so interested in debating islam vs christianity than go to a muslim mufti. As comparative religion is closed due to nonmuslims who would in a sneaky way bash islam and our religious personalities

Comment

It is fairly easy for us as well. We believe in the one God with 3 nature, as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is without limitation, therefore this poses no problem for us. God's first institution and repeated emphasis on family is such, that through the virgin Mary (who was no slave), was the means to bring the Holy Saviour Jesus Christ (God as infant) into the world. He submitted to his human parents, and in doing so was the perfect example of family, never sinning, and dying a human death for his creation. Only God himself could be offered as the perfect sacrifice to atone for the sins of the entire world.

Comment

I see the point, ok, my misunderstanding on the forum, until such forum is reopened, I will just quietly watch this forum as it is of interest. God Bless

Comment

since im not banned lol

Comment

This is a thread by op to suggest him tips on debating with christians, If you are so interested in debating islam vs christianity than go to a muslim mufti. As comparative religion is closed due to nonmuslims who would in a sneaky way bash islam and our religious personalities
                              This thread is about debating with Christians, and the suggestion of using Solomom example from the Bible to support the idea of having multiple wives is allowd is a bad idea and a warning not to use it against a Christian argument. He and everyone reading the suggestion needed to be warned before using it in an argument against a Christian. It has nothing to do with Islam vs. Christianity, but warning that using Solomon example proves the Christian argument of not having multiple wives.

You should be thanking me that I took time and enlightened people the fault of that argument before using it on real life on Christians and be embaresed by it.

Comment

One thing I wonder is when a christian is confronted with something like stoning the adulterer, all the verses related to war, etc, they will say that it's abrogated now since they only follow the new testament. Fair enough I suppose, but how do they get away from the fact that it was still their God who commanded this? Even if they don't have to carry it now, then their God(which they equate with Jesus) still commanded it to be carried out at some point in history. That's why I think christians who make their religion to be about peace and love only don't have any ground to stand on, even with the abrogation part, unless they start to deny the authenticity of the old testament all together.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X