A woman on the bus spat at me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A woman on the bus spat at me

I was going home from work yesterday, sitting reading a book, when a woman came onto the bus. She looked very ordinary, mid 40's, she was carryng a paperbag. When she passed me suddenly she spat down at me, some of it landed on my face, some of it in the book. "Raping and beating your wives is all you're good at except killing people" she snarled. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. I just wiped my face and threw the book away. I felt so ashamed I could hardly look at the other passangers, but when I glanced around they were all avoiding looking at me. I got off at the next stop, and took another bus home.

This is so sad.

I'm still in a bit of a shock.

Re: A woman on the bus spat at me

Where was this?

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum

SubhanAllah that sounds horrible brother I'm sorry to hear you went through that. It's sad how some people just sit and watch and don't help people out when they're being abused. I don't understand why people do that. I don't understand why people make themselves look like fools by doing foolish things in front of so many people either. May Allah reward you a lot in return of the humiliation you went through ameen.
      "Let the days do as they please
      And be optimistic when destiny decrees
      Do not despair due to the events of the past
      For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

I'd have been very tempted to verbally abuse her with some succinct words on her economic positioning in the society and her non existent class.
        I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Salamualaikum.

AstagfirAllah. I'm so sorry you had to experience such disgusting behavior from another adult. Sadly there are a lot of people out there that have much hate in their hearts towards Muslims because of their ignorance in regards to Islam. You didn't need to feel ashamed for her actions, I wish you had spoken up and said that Islam is completely against what she had stated. I can understand your shock, who wouldn't be? MashAllah at your self-control and not reacting with anger in such a situation. May Allah bless you.
          Indeed we belong to Allah,
          and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

8. They had nothing against them, except that they believed in Allah, the All-Mighty, Worthy of all Praise
            9. Who, to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. And Allah is Witness over everything

[Al-Buruj]

Comment

You should've decked her so hard that she reaches home without needing a bus ride.

On a serious note, that's disgusting and completely disrespectful. But as a muslim you know what to exhibit when you are subjected to these kinds of degradations, you show them that Islam is a religion of dignity, tolerance and character.

If that happened that to me, I would've actually questioned her infront of the passengers and hold her to account, then teach her that Islam is a merciful religion. If Islam was as she thought, she would've got thrown off the bus but because of the teachings of Islam we adhere to respecting people even if they don't respect themselves or others, a religion of mercy and compassion, unparalleled in nature.

But what you did was good Alhamdulillah you were patient and inshaAllah you will be rewarded. Next time when faced with similar situations try and have a dialogue and expose Islamophobia to everyone else watching.

Comment

Originally posted by MRohan View Post
                I was going home from work yesterday, sitting reading a book, when a woman came onto the bus. She looked very ordinary, mid 40's, she was carryng a paperbag. When she passed me suddenly she spat down at me, some of it landed on my face, some of it in the book. "Raping and beating your wives is all you're good at except killing people" she snarled. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. I just wiped my face and threw the book away. I felt so ashamed I could hardly look at the other passangers, but when I glanced around they were all avoiding looking at me. I got off at the next stop, and took another bus home.

This is so sad.

Report it, most buses have cctv and they should be able to catch her. If nothing else she will get community service and a fine and think twice at doing it again.
                FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

This is so sad.

That's assault(as well as a hate-crime since she assaulted you on the basis of your religion and/or race) so you could've called the police. Or just spit back.

Comment

This is so sad.

That is awful! Worst still is that I have read your posts and you seem like a very decent brother.

Calling you a rapist and a wife beater is not something to be taken lightly. Would you consider reporting her?

Comment

Salam
                      Oh my dear! Good for you that you could be patient and control yourself.
                      I would have been really angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
                        Salam
                        Oh my dear! Good for you that you could be patient and control yourself.
                        I would have been really angry.
                        Super Saiyajin...
                        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

This is so sad.

Noble Quran 3:186 ''You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allah - indeed, that is of the matters [worthy] of determination.''

Their NT literally calls marrying divorcees as adultery and tell women cannot teach and these paranoids are trying to teach us.
                          My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

This is what you deserve to be honest for being such a coward. *

If you was a woman i would understand you staying silent and getting off at the next stop.

The least you could have done is said "Your stupid ignorant cow, you dont even know me"

The very least you could have done is reported it because spitting on someone is classed as assault in most countries.

If you couldn't do that at least throw the book in her face.

You remind me of the cowardly Muslims during the times of the Mongol invasions, a Mongol woman would say "dont move from here" and she would
                            go home, fetch a sword, and then behead a Man.

You looked around at other passengers for sympathy when your a grown man?

Why should they give you sympathy and fight your battle for you, when your a Man and cant stand up for yourself.

You should be embarassed to make this thread and advertise your cowardice to the world.

* Unless you have a medical condition (like weak heart etc) which prevents you from basic things or there were loads of people who would have caused you harm, in which case your timid approach is understandable.
                            Last edited by rebuilding; 12-12-15, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I understand you were shocked but you should of definitely stood up for yourself. These animals will eat you piece by piece if you don't stop them. If I was in that situation I would stand up and spit back in her face and ask her how she likes it and if she decided to angrily put her hands on me I would defend myself. They have cameras on the bus so they would see she attacked me. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X